Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Go fishing for 20 minutes

I'm getting this in the Scientist work queue. How in the world can I take him to fish? There is nowhere to fish on that lot! Is there any way besides cheating?

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    You have to zoom out really far, and there's this blue lake. That's the fishing spot. But your sim will take about 30 sim minutes to get there, so don't wait till the last minute.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    MamasBabyDevynMamasBabyDevyn Posts: 236 Member
    I just found it lol I thought I was only able to be on the actual lot hahaha was thinking how the heck I was going fishing inside the labs? lmao thank you :)
  • Options
    meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    It should also be noted that you don't necessarily have to complete all of the tasks on a given day. Occasionally a task will pop up that you can't yet fulfill because it needs an upgrade that isn't available yet, or an ingredient that you won't have. Other times it will ask you to invent a device that you already have in your inventory. Just ignore those and move on to the easier tasks. There is no benefit at all to doing them once your performance bar is full, so I typically ignore the ones that take too long, or are difficult/impossible to complete. Often clearing an easy task will open another easy task. Only fish if it comes up relatively early in the day, if it is the easiest available task, or if you have other tasks that can be completed along the way because it eats up a lot of workday in travel time.

Harvest 10 collectibles can be met by harvesting the plants most of the time, so you don't necessarily need to leave the lab unless you are wanting more collectibles from the dig nodes. After you fill the performance bar, you can use the time to work on skills/needs/relationships/collections for the remaining time of the workday. Science is a great profession for completing some of the collections, and you can make additional money by using the microscope to make prints from slides, and selling the duplicates. Once you fill the performance bar you can do whatever you want (but don't leave early or you get penalized). The tasks that come up on a given day are mostly random. Some days it is a wild scramble just to fill the bar, other days there can be several hours of time to do whatever you want once you've maxed your performance for the day.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I just found it lol I thought I was only able to be on the actual lot hahaha was thinking how the heck I was going fishing inside the labs? lmao thank you :)

i had to ask that too. because it does sound like you can only fish at the center.