Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Flowers In the Attic Challenge U/C-ish

ChepanChepan Posts: 64 Member
So I was surfing through the free movies on my TV last night and I came across a movie called "Flowers In the Attic" by Lifetime (it's also a book). It was mind blowing but good. Here's a very short description of the movie to give you some background, taken from Lifetime's website, "Based on V.C. Andrews’ controversial book that quickly became a cult classic, the Lifetime Original Movie "Flowers in the Attic" weaves the twisted story of the Dollanganger kids who, after the unexpected death of their father, are convinced by their mother Corrine (Heather Graham) to stay hidden in the attic of their wealthy grandparents’ mansion so she can reclaim the family fortune. But as her visits begin to wane after she becomes involved with a new husband (Dylan Bruce), the children endure unimaginable treatment at the hands of their ruthless grandmother Olivia Foxworth (Ellen Burstyn)." Needless to say, I thought this might make a great Sims challenge. *please note this is the 2014 remake

**If you would like to do a part two of this challenge, which does the second movie, DO NOT actually make Christopher and Cathy related to one another. >>;;;

Setup:
*Four Children
^Christopher Dollanganger Jr.:
-Teen+
Aspiration: Soulmate
-Good
-Active
-Family Oriented

^Cathy Dollanganger:
-Teen+
Aspiration: Bestselling Author
-Genius
-Self Assured
-Family Oriented

^Twins Cory Dollanganger & Carrie Dollanganger:
-Kids+
-Gloomy (Cory)
Aspiration: Rambunctious Scamp
-Art Lover (Carrie)
Aspiration: Artistic Prodigy

*You must have a grandmother, she brings the children food daily - if you choose the servants options they can't see her bringing food
Name: Grandmother Foxworth
Traits:
-Evil
-Mean
-Hot-headed

*The mother must visit the children every week. This means she doesn't have to live on the lot (which allows for the optional below items)
Name: Corrine Winslow
Traits:
-Romantic
-Snob
-Materialistic

*Optional people:
*The grandfather may exist, but he may NEVER see the children or interact with them, if he does you lose the challenge (Grandfather Foxworth)
*Servants can be in the house cleaning, cooking, etc and in the movie every Friday the children have to hide in the highest part of the attic while the servants clean the part that has the rooms (its sounds a bit confusing but you have to see it to understand) (Servant # Foxworth)
*The mother ends up remarrying, but they never have children (enter movie two, the revenge) - feel free to include the husband (Bart Winslow) (traits: Materialist, Outgoing, Family-Oriented)

Rules:
*Grandmother & Corrine are the only ones who can interact with children
*No cheats can be used in the game once you've begun the challenge ex. you use cheats to build house, etc. but once you push PLAY you're done
*Children cannot leave their room(s) which include:
1 bathroom
1 bedroom with two beds (the two girls share a bed, the two boys share a bed), if the grandmother catches a boy and a girl in the same bed, you lose
*The attic (their room is kind of an upstairs room anyways so. . . its an attic of an attic. . .) this can include more items like a treadmill or a dollhouse or something. A tv? Sure! Their mother brought them one in the movie. ;D
*Their main room (bedroom) is technically locked, so you may delete it all together except for when the grandmother brings them food or the mother visits them. Up to you. They MUST NOT LEAVE THEIR ROOM OR YOU LOSE THE CHALLENGE.
**Exception: School. Although, I did the runaway teen challenge which made you not go to school so, I'm not sure if you even need to go to school anymore. If you'd rather not risk it, that's fine, just make sure no one see's them.
*Cory has to perish before making it to teen stage and Carrie can't make it to young adult stage sorry. . . mother Corrine isn't a kind lady
*Cathy & Christopher can't actually be related, my suggestion is that Cathy is Corrine's actual daughter -- in the movie a romance blossoms there (they grew up in a messed up world for two years) and IF you would like to do part two to this, they can't be related, obviously.
*They all have fair skin, blue eyes, blonde hair --exception is grandmother of course

*I'll add more rules as this goes but I think this will be it for now

Want to follow my take on this challenge? See my blog
Chepandia @ weebly.com
Post edited by Chepan on

Comments

• Options
    [Extra Post Just In Case]
  • Options
    [Extra Post Just In Case]
  • Options
    MaleenaNightMaleenaNight Posts: 18 New Member
    I know Cory dies but why do you have to kill off Carrie?
  • Options
    > @MaleenaNight said:
    > I know Cory dies but why do you have to kill off Carrie?
    I was trying to keep it true to the series, but there's lots of room to make it your own. c: I'm considering going back through and adding in some of the later stuff, but right now I'm just keeping it to the first two.
  • Options
    I kinda did my own thing where they haven't escaped yet but Cory and Carrie are dead and Cathy is pregnant.
  • Options
    > @MaleenaNight said:
    > I kinda did my own thing where they haven't escaped yet but Cory and Carrie are dead and Cathy is pregnant.

Awesome! I'm excited to hear you playing through it. I'd love to hear more. c:
  • Options
    I haven't been playing much on it but once I do more stuff I will definitely let you know. :smile:
  • Options
    Well, I got caught up in school again.
    I'm going to re-play my challenge again and work out what needs to happen next. c: My old family went with my last laptop, so I have no choice but to start over. :disappointed: