Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch 1.14/2.9/3.5/4.2 installation/game launcher issue

My Game Launcher is saying that my game is up to date, yet I know I have not installed the latest patch (Patch 1.14/2.9/3.5/4.2). Why is that and how can I install this patch if my game launcher doesn't register there is need for one?

Comments

• Options
    RueSaultRueSault Posts: 116 Member
    edited July 2010
    My advice is DON'T update at this point... There are SOOOO many issues with this patch that has made the game unplayable for MANY MANY people!
  • Options
    simsacesimsace Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited July 2010
    My Game Launcher is saying that my game is up to date, yet I know I have not installed the latest patch (Patch 1.14/2.9/3.5/4.2). Why is that and how can I install this patch if my game launcher doesn't register there is need for one?

my guess is EA brought it down because its buggy, do not get the patch from EA or other sites its just bad news, I cant even play anymore
  • Options
    SimGuruBrentSimGuruBrent Posts: 1,025 Member
    edited July 2010
    Please post the following information:

- These are located in the corresponding folder for Base Game and/or Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs
    * Example: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\skuversion.txt
    * Example: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Ambitions\Game\Bin\skuversion.txt
    - The important information to include in your post is the first line of the Text document that reads: Gameversion = 1.12.70.006001
  • Options
    ToadhipToadhip Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I am experiencing the exact same issue. Following the instructions from the above post, this file reads:

GameVersion = 4.0.87.006017

I have both EP's and the Stuff Pack installed.

I have reinstalled everything now twice. My game should be in pristine condition, but it is still reporting that my game is "up to date."

Please advise.

Thanks
  • Options
    darkangelxodarkangelxo Posts: 7
    edited July 2010
    Honestly, I agree with RueSault dont install it. Im having so many issues like my sim lives in Riverview and is in a relationship with another sim and one night she was just sitting on a bench reading and he was standing next to her and hes looks at her and was like `i wish there was a doctor around i feel sick` and left. now when i invite him over or try to talk to him in person, it says no actions available.
  • Options
    SimGuruBrentSimGuruBrent Posts: 1,025 Member
    edited July 2010
    Toadhip wrote:
    I am experiencing the exact same issue. Following the instructions from the above post, this file reads:

I have reinstalled everything now twice. My game should be in pristine condition, but it is still reporting that my game is "up to date."

Please advise.

Thanks

You will want to make sure you have the latest version of EA Download Manager installed:
    http://eastore.ea.com/eadm
  • Options
    ToadhipToadhip Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I downloaded EA Downloader from the link you provided, and when I ran the installer, it reported that I had the same version installed already. I installed it anyway.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you again.
  • Options
    KethKeth Posts: 165 Member
    edited July 2010
    The auto-update feature hasn't worked in ages because the Launcher, for a very long time now, always thinks your game is up to date. So you have to install the patches manually.

Unfortunately, EA's update system is so screwed up that if you don't do things in a certain order you just make things worse.

Fist, you need to find the current version of the game and each expansion you have installed.

You want to update the main game last, otherwise it borks up the Launcher.

But, before you update, and if you can get to it, go to the Launcher and check your Installed content. Anything where the "Type" field is blank; delete it. That was most likely created with third party software which will prevent any updates from working properly.

Unfortunately, you can't just grab the latest patch and go. You have to manually install each patch that was released between your edition and the current edition for each of the four releases (or however many releases you have).

So, for example, if your WA is version 2.2 you're going to have to apply the 2.5 patch, then the 2.7 patch and finally the newest 2.9 patch. They had a link to all of these older patches earlier last night but then, in their infinite wisdom, decided to lock that thread. So I have no idea how to get those older patches anymore. EDIT: The thread appears to be open again; go here to manually update: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/188505.page

If you're using an nVidia card, Ambitions requires the most recent drivers so you'll need to update that too.

Don't bother uninstalling and reinstalling the Download Manager; that doesn't do crap.

If this seems confusing, complicated, unfriendly and stupid, you'd be right on all four counts.

keth
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    MasqueradeMothMasqueradeMoth Posts: 24 New Member
    edited July 2010
    As I'm terrible with any form of instructions that doesn't do step by step, I'll just put down all of the packs I have

The Sims 3: GameVersion = 1.12.70.006002
    World Adventures: GameVersion = 2.0.86.002002
    High End Loft: GameVersion = 3.3.11.006001
    Ambitions: GameVersion = 4.0.87.006001

Saying that, since many people are going "don't do it! It's trouble!" then I shan't bother. It's not like it's hindering my game anyway.

And I'm afraid Keth, that just went over my head completely lol. Sorry.
  • Options
    simjettsimjett Posts: 5,254 Member
    edited July 2010
    As I'm terrible with any form of instructions that doesn't do step by step, I'll just put down all of the packs I have

The Sims 3: GameVersion = 1.12.70.006002
    World Adventures: GameVersion = 2.0.86.002002
    High End Loft: GameVersion = 3.3.11.006001
    Ambitions: GameVersion = 4.0.87.006001

Saying that, since many people are going "don't do it! It's trouble!" then I shan't bother. It's not like it's hindering my game anyway.

And I'm afraid Keth, that just went over my head completely lol. Sorry.

Well, if you were to update the game these are the 2 that you would need.

Base Game patch. Download and run.
    http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_1.14.11.007002_from_1.12.70.006002.exe

Ambitions patch. Download and run
    http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_4.2.32.007001_from_4.0.87.006001.exe

Toadhip wrote:

Please advise.

Thanks

It would be better to provide all game version numbers, like MasqueradeMoth did.
  • Options
    SailthenSimsSailthenSims Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Hi all, i'm having the exact same issue, i had installed the patch manualy but my launcher wouldnt even work afterwards so i have re-installed everything and its now back to how it was but obviously without the latest patch,
    does anyone know if ea have actually removed this patch or if its just the launchers are faulty cos if theyve remvoed it temporariy then i'll just wait until a woking version is released (if thats actually possible for EA!) but if my launchers just messed up then i'll try manuly installing them again, although not sure its worth it after reading comments on here. :s

Thanks
  • Options
    bjk607bjk607 Posts: 168 Member
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for the info because I just went to download the patch and couldn't do it and now that I read all this I'm not going to do it until EA fixes the bugs in it. Thanks again.
  • Options
    ABEERKHANABEERKHAN Posts: 3,204 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I waited for about a week before updating my game to patch 1.14 so EA could fix problems in the patch. After updating my Sims 3 to Patch 1.14 ,the game was fast and has better graphics but I thought maybe after updating my game I could download Riverview but when I did download I had no response. Maybe you should wait a week or so before updating your game so EA could even fix this Riverview installing issue in the patch 1.14.
  • Options
    lucygxlucygx Posts: 10
    edited July 2010
    SO what should I do? I installed 1.14 game patch and my game launche wont even work! do i uninstall everything? Please help i have No frekin clue...

Thanks
  • Options
    lucygxlucygx Posts: 10
    edited July 2010
    So what do I when this happend? My game launcher wont work. I CANT PLAY SIMS 3!!!

Help PLEASE
  • Options
    KaylaSorensonKaylaSorenson Posts: 8
    edited August 2010
    This has been the MOST HELPFUL thread i have found on this issue. You folks are a freaking miracle.
    I would also like to know what the heck I am supposed to do.
    I bought Sims 3 when it came out-and each expansion pack thereafter.
    I patched all games via the launcher in between each install (I am on a MAC).
    Everything worked (more or less) until I installed Ambitions.

Then I got error code 13 (cannot save) and my game is ********. Even though I was supposed to be running at 4.2.32...
    I clearly wasn't because the supposed "fixes icons lit in launcher" was not fixed.
    So I uninstalled EVERYTHING and lost ALL my backup files in the process.
    Re-installed via this method:
    Installed Base Game>patched>tested>saved random file. All good no error code 13.
    Then I installed all expansions and stuff packs. (WA HELS AMB)
    In between each i got the "sims 3 is newer than expected crap...
    Then patched.(No custom content AT ALL)
    Then game was ******** again.

So now I have REINSTALLED them all and these are the versions I have with NO DOWNLOADED PATCHES AT ALL.
    (Although I suspect each subsequent disc has patch files on it as I can see it "patching" as it installs)
    Base Game - 1.0.631.0001
    World Adv. - 2.0.86.002001 (side note-made terrible disc drive noises while copying files during installation)
    H.E.L.S - 3.0.38.004001
    AMB - 4.0.87.006001

SO FAR this has worked. I quickly loaded the game without installing updates and played a quick premade family for about 15 mins and saved and quit. Has anyone else had success with this method?

What patches do I need, in what order and where can I get them so they will run on my mac?
    I keep finding these .exe files that I just don't understand how to execute.
    Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. If you need any more info please let me know.

*Also I have NOT deleted any "troublesome" files such as CompositorCache.package or the SunsetValley.sims3.bad. This has had nothing done to it as I am awaiting instruction and don't want to delete anything I may need later.*
  • Options
    KaylaSorensonKaylaSorenson Posts: 8
    edited August 2010
    Lucy- that's what i had to do.
    I uninstalled it ALLLLLLL and reinstall it (twice-ah trial and error how i loathe thee)
    Then I just put each disc in, in order and did NOT update, did NOT use any patches.
    Make sure you turn auto updates off.
    And do NOT update. Just go past an play.
    Has worked so far, but I only played for a few mins.
    Will test more tomorrow and update.
    It appears that other have had some good results from this (should have read more before making a monster post)