May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simms 44 rent: Deceptive advertising

ReflectedLightReflectedLight Posts: 425 Member
edited December 2023 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Everyone knows a "lot" is one location you load entirely and access all of it. So they advertise "multiple families on one lot" making people think they'll be dealing with multiple families on one loaded lot simultaneously, only to find out they put separate sub-lots on one lot, like apartments in the city, and you have to load each sub lot like you used to load one lot.

Claiming "multiple families on one lot" is flat out deceptive advertising.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    usualsuspectusualsuspect Posts: 76 Member
    Respectfully, I will have to disagree. You can have multiple families living on one lot. They made it very clear jn their live stream and through social media that there would be load screens playing other families on the same lot. ;)
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    I have to agree with @usualsuspect
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,078 Member
    I mean it would just sound kind of weird to write ''multiple lots for your families on one lot''
    so to me it works to just say multiple families on one lot
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 721 Member
    I mean, they made it pretty clear that there would be loading screens. It might suck, but it's not false advertising.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,951 Member
    edited December 2023
    I went with "How it was in The Sims 2 Apartment Life" interpretation: multiple families live in one lot, but only one is active at the time.

I think that depends on how familiar is the player with The Sims games. For those like me who are well familiar with The Sims games, we'd see that one lot contains more than one household, and only one household is active at the time. For those not, maybe, but the other sims living in different units do come out from time to time to do stuff.

Oh, and also, those who have played City Living or Eco Lifestyle should also be familiar with this.

Oh, reading it again, oh no, I disagree. I am pretty bad at reading between the lines though...
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,310 Member
    I’ve found it pretty clear right from the start how it was going to work and in no way found it deceptive.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,564 Member
    i also agree with @usualsuspect and i also create multiple familys in game so its not deceptive
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    People tend to take wording a little too literally, just like when they have a live stream there is always someone who thinks it'll be a gameplay thing like any lets play. Just because they have one family active of a time doesn't mean it's not still multiple families on one lot it just doesn't work that way. Now if they said something like, for the first time bringing sims together that would be more of an issue but it was clear.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    pvrescue1pvrescue1 Posts: 77 Member
    Claiming "multiple families on one lot" is flat out deceptive advertising.

How, when that's quite literally how it is?
  • Options
    Iceman_Iceman_ Posts: 21 Member
    They did it as I interpreted it and as I expected. In fact, I would have been surprised if it were as you describe it.