Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fear of unfulfilled Dreams

My sim, who is family oriented is constantly stressing over her fear of unfulfilled dreams. She has a desire to be a parent even though she just had a baby! I've changed her traits several times cause she's in a constant state of stress. I have no idea how to make her happy, I'm completing her little though bubbles but she's still upset.
Go Raptors!

Comments

• Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,904 Member
    Don’t forget to “Discuss Fears” with another Sim once you have completed some whims (thought bubbles).
    The conversation is what makes the fear go away and gives a confidence boost to boot.
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,765 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    Don’t forget to “Discuss Fears” with another Sim once you have completed some whims (thought bubbles).
    The conversation is what makes the fear go away and gives a confidence boost to boot.

Really!! Ok I'll try that
    Go Raptors!
  • Options
    This is getting ridiculous though. How do I know what her dreams are?? She's always miserable.
    Go Raptors!
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,904 Member
    I believe the fear crops up when you haven't completed any whims (that's those thought bubbles you mentioned; toggle on and off via Game Options). There was a period where the fears reoccurred super frequently, but I had read the developers changed it a bit.
    Just remember to talk to another Sim and make sure to "Discuss Fears" and that will make the fear go away; for now.
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    This is getting ridiculous though. How do I know what her dreams are?? She's always miserable.

Her dreams are the Wants. Complete some of those, then get her to Discuss Fears with another Sim and it should go away.
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,112 Member
    You can turn off wants and fears by gameplay settings and they all go away. I play with these off as I always have even when wants and fears were known as whims.
  • Options
    How do I discuss fears? What social section are the in?
    Go Raptors!
  • Options
    SanniSilliSanniSilli Posts: 165 Member
    edited April 2023
    You have to waite that your sim wants to resolve that fear. A thought bubble will appear next to wants (right side). It tells what you have to do in order to get rid of the fear. In case of fear of unfullfilled dreams it is to fullfill a want and then you should find the "discuss fears" option when talking to someone. Do it and the fear should vanish. You can check your sim's simology panel if the fear has gone or not.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,998 Member
    edited April 2023
    If you give you sim a few favorite radio stations, and they have a radio, the fear is kind of easy to take care of (as that pops up a lot ). Then like others mention go to a sim and talk to them about fears.
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member

The interaction is called "Discuss Fears" and is found in the 'Deep Thoughts' section <3

*All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,987 Member
    It might not be available until you get the pointy thought bubble that indicates your sim is ready to overcome the fear.
    Like the option to overcome the Fear of Fire by extinguishing a fire, see the pointy thought bubble here
    sims4-wants.jpg?mode=crop&width=682&quality=80&format=webp
  • Options
    MissyHissy wrote: »

The interaction is called "Discuss Fears" and is found in the 'Deep Thoughts' section <3

Thank you!
    It might not be available until you get the pointy thought bubble that indicates your sim is ready to overcome the fear.
    Like the option to overcome the Fear of Fire by extinguishing a fire, see the pointy thought bubble here
    sims4-wants.jpg?mode=crop&width=682&quality=80&format=webp

Must be cause I can't find the interaction anywhere. My sim is just walking around miserable
    Go Raptors!