Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just A Quick Question

LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
I'm creating a save with a lot of my created Sims, but I'd like to know everything there is on the differences between played and unplayed Sims as I don't know much about it. I always ignored other Sims other than the one household.

Will played Sims still function autonomously? Will they walk around, visit locations? If they get to know your Sim, will they text you, call you, and come visit you? In the brief time I experimented with them, they seemed to just sit at home 24/7, but it was very brief. I know they won't be culled or have their set careers removed, but I'd like to know if they'll still have a life beyond my control. Will they pursue relationships or not unless I make them do so? Etc, etc.

Comments

• Options
    MrPlumbobMrPlumbob Posts: 338 Member
    From my experience, played sims seem to get out and about like any other sim. I have over 200 played sims in my main save, and I see them when I play other sims. I switch between playing different households all the time. I have received phone calls from my other played sims, had them visit me (if they’re friends with the sim I’m playing with) and I have come back to play sims I’ve left alone for a while to find sims I don’t remember in their relationship panel (just friends, I’ve never had a sim autonomously have a romantic relationship with another sim.) I know if you have the “neighborhood stories” feature enabled, sims can autonomously have or adopt children, change jobs, move in and out of houses, die in random accidents, etc. but you can customize it in the manage household screen, and set it for both played and unplayed sims individually. You can even customize it down to specific households, or turn certain things on and off. I believe neighborhood stories is disabled by default for played sims, but you can enable it if you want. If you have high school years, there’s a setting for “NPC Relationship autonomy”. I’m not sure what exactly this setting does, because I haven’t enabled it in any of my saves. (I prefer to have more control over my sims’ relationships) In the sims 4, other than neighborhood stories, and seeing them out and about, they don’t actually do anything while their at home as far as I know, they seem to tend to their own needs pretty well, and I’m not sure their needs even change unless their on the lot where the sim you’re currently playing is. I should say that I play with aging off most of the time, both for my played sims and unplayed sims, but all of this should still work the same as it does for me if you enable aging. Aging can be set for only the household you’re currently playing, all played households, and/or unplayed households. You can also change a played sim to an unplayed sim and change an unplayed sim to a played sim in the Manage households screen. This is everything I can think of at the moment about played and unplayed sims. I hope this helps.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    unplayed sims without job manage the stalls and bartending. They also work in restaurants
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    One thing with played sims vs unplayed sims; played sims are protected from culling (aka deletion by the game).
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    MrPlumbob wrote: »
    From my experience, played sims seem to get out and about like any other sim. I have over 200 played sims in my main save, and I see them when I play other sims. I switch between playing different households all the time. I have received phone calls from my other played sims, had them visit me (if they’re friends with the sim I’m playing with) and I have come back to play sims I’ve left alone for a while to find sims I don’t remember in their relationship panel (just friends, I’ve never had a sim autonomously have a romantic relationship with another sim.) I know if you have the “neighborhood stories” feature enabled, sims can autonomously have or adopt children, change jobs, move in and out of houses, die in random accidents, etc. but you can customize it in the manage household screen, and set it for both played and unplayed sims individually. You can even customize it down to specific households, or turn certain things on and off. I believe neighborhood stories is disabled by default for played sims, but you can enable it if you want. If you have high school years, there’s a setting for “NPC Relationship autonomy”. I’m not sure what exactly this setting does, because I haven’t enabled it in any of my saves. (I prefer to have more control over my sims’ relationships) In the sims 4, other than neighborhood stories, and seeing them out and about, they don’t actually do anything while their at home as far as I know, they seem to tend to their own needs pretty well, and I’m not sure their needs even change unless their on the lot where the sim you’re currently playing is. I should say that I play with aging off most of the time, both for my played sims and unplayed sims, but all of this should still work the same as it does for me if you enable aging. Aging can be set for only the household you’re currently playing, all played households, and/or unplayed households. You can also change a played sim to an unplayed sim and change an unplayed sim to a played sim in the Manage households screen. This is everything I can think of at the moment about played and unplayed sims. I hope this helps.

This was very helpful, thank you.