Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Having issue using the "Freerealestate on" cheat.

I am hoping someone might be able to help shed light on what might be going on, In my current game which has progressed, non played households have aged, moved and vacated housing, so I decided to try and put new families back into the vacant housing but using the freerealestate cheat is not allowing homes furnished, it's grayed out. I've checked these houses and they are definitely furnished so I went into a new game and the freerealestate cheat is working as it should.

Comments

• Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    I had this issue too. It must be some sort of bug.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    There's something that happens if a last member of the household dies or is deleted. Could be related to that. To fix it you should load the lot, change something in the decoration and then save. You should be able to buy it furnished after that.
  • Options
    RLBTanglewoodRLBTanglewood Posts: 37 Member
    Thank you so much Musteni, I will give that a try, I left out in my OP that I was able to move families into the vacant house and then loading up build on that lot and replacing it with a new dwelling and that worked, I never thought about changing just the decor.
  • Options
    RLBTanglewoodRLBTanglewood Posts: 37 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    There's something that happens if a last member of the household dies or is deleted. Could be related to that. To fix it you should load the lot, change something in the decoration and then save. You should be able to buy it furnished after that.

OK that worked, I first tried replacing an item and that worked, I then tried just moving an item to a different area, that didn't work so you have to actually remove and replace and that resolved the problem. Thanks again.