The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch problems

The patch will not update. I get a error message saying the patch update failed. Why does the patch fail to update? I have cc but no mods, but I don't not sure that is the problem. The computer starts to rev up, sounds like it's connecting to the internet, then the error message saying the patch update failed.

Comments

• Options
    SimGuruBrentSimGuruBrent Posts: 1,025 Member
    edited November 2009
    CC modifies the content of the game which causes this error to occur.

It is highly recommended that you back up your save files, completely uninstall the game and run a clean install to ensure maximum comparability, free of modified data.
  • Options
    Meltron2Meltron2 Posts: 70 Member
    edited November 2009
    How do you do this? I tried following Sarona's advice. The problems is I don't have a file named "mods or resource.cfg" on my computer. The only thing that is in computer/c drive/program files/electronic art/sims 3 is caches, game, gamedata, support and thumbnails. I also don't have a DCcache folder. Can someone give me some help?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Unfortunately, the safest way to make sure your game is free of any modified content is to back up your save files, then uninstall and run a clean install.

Maybe someone more familiar with modifications might be able to chime in with specifics on where all the modified files are located but following the above directions should clear out the incompatible data.
  • Options
    Meltron2Meltron2 Posts: 70 Member
    edited November 2009
    Back up my saved files? How is that done exactly? I'm sorry, but I don't know how to do that without steps to follow.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Your save files will be located in your Documents folder -> Electronic Arts -> The Sims 3 -> Saves