Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't believe I broke down and bought it...

KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
Hey what can I say? I know I saw LGR's video and agreed..., though I am so bored with the Sims 4....I've been playing TS3 but why did I even buy City Living today?? I guess, there is just some hope in me, that this game can be redeemable.......But, I guess I just wanted to try and see myself...so yeah....guess I'm diving back in and trying it...make a sim probably be in the social media career or try and political career -shrug-....Just wonder how long this will keep me entertained....

Comments

• Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    You should try to be a bit optimistic, Sims 4 requires just a tiny bit more imagination than Sims 3. Does it need a lot of work? Heck yes! Though, if you just go in seeing it as a chore and have the whole regret feeling before you even try, that feeling will override any kind of potential fun or experiences you could have. I am not trying to say stop being so glummy because you have all the right to be, but just try thinking about what you can do story-wise. You bought the pack, mind as well try to make the best out of it.
  • Options
    Dayvon64 wrote: »
    You should try to be a bit optimistic, Sims 4 requires just a tiny bit more imagination than Sims 3. Does it need a lot of work? Heck yes! Though, if you just go in seeing it as a chore and have the whole regret feeling before you even try, that feeling will override any kind of potential fun or experiences you could have. I am not trying to say stop being so glummy because you have all the right to be, but just try thinking about what you can do story-wise. You bought the pack, mind as well try to make the best out of it.

I completely understand what you say...I am planning on making a new sim and trying out all the new features so yes, I am looking forward to it, but my question is....how long will it keep me entertained...
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,088 Member
    I hope you like it. There are things I am disappointed with but I still really want to play, I just really like the atmosphere of CL. I usually only have time to play on the weekends though.
  • Options
    shellbeme wrote: »
    I hope you like it. There are things I am disappointed with but I still really want to play, I just really like the atmosphere of CL. I usually only have time to play on the weekends though.

Ok random, I know this game is supposed to be more realistic, but I hate that sims with pink, blue, or green hair can't have a child with that color hair...I know I can change it when they grow up but still...that really irks me for some reason....lol!

• Options
    SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    As for me I was excited for about 3-4 days but now I am over it, as usual I got bored with another EP before a week... I have been playing TS2 the most, and TS3 some as well.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 894 Member
    Not bored yet. I have been playing daily since Oct 31st at around 11:30pm once it finished downloading. We will see how long it last before I feel the need to take a break. I hope you get some enjoyment out of it.
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    I wasnt going to buy it either, i had lost all interest in Sims 4. In fact the last time i played it was late december last year. Then I watched LGR's review this week and even despite his honest approach about some of the short comings he sold it to me and im really glad. Its a great EP and finally Sims 4 might even be worth getting excited about again.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited November 2016
    As long as you end up enjoying it, it's fine. :smile:

I'm an impulsive buyer myself (and sometimes I regret my purchases, sometimes not), so I totally understand giving into temptation sometimes.

I was originally excited for this pack, but as time went on, I decided to wait for a reduce-price sale and buy other games instead.

I am going to wait to see how Seasons/Pets/Generations will be handled before I buy any more Sims 4 content. I am hoping there will be more content in the future.

Regardless of how I feel about the pack, I hope you have fun with it! :smile: That's the most important thing, for sure.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    :/ Bummer just two new traits??? Vegetarian and Unflirty??? And just 1 aspiration? :( Ok...
  • Options
    So far pretty good. Made a sim named Karla Butterfly...loved that she has like a Japanese/Asian shirt with butterflies...and I am very interested to the aparentments...I picked one that has the one that twins are more likely to be born (oh no! hehe) and good schools.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    Reviews are great and I love LGR but sometimes you have to try it for yourself.

I've been on a simming break this month. I usally go back to my favorite (sims 3) but for some reason and I don't even know why, this pack intrigued me. I fought off the urge until my niece came over and was just so excited for it. It's kept me entertained longer than I thought it would. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I kept almost everything about this pack a secret. I've started a second simblr on tumblr for Sims 4 so I don't upset the Sims 3 players on my main simblr. I'm working up a new story to start. No clue how long it will last but for now I'm entertained.
    :/ Bummer just two new traits??? Vegetarian and Unflirty??? And just 1 aspiration? :( Ok...
    I think we got some packs that didn't add any new traits or aspirations so I'm pretty pleased with this at least. It's always been a gripe of mine.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,719 Member
    I'm glad you're enjoying the EP so far, OP! :)
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Dayvon64 wrote: »
    You should try to be a bit optimistic,

I think the player crossed that line already by buying the EP. If she was not optimistic she would have not bought the pack
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    As long as you are happy staying in the city it may work for you being you can't bring the Apts to other neighborhoods.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Hey what can I say? I know I saw LGR's video and agreed..., though I am so bored with the Sims 4....I've been playing TS3 but why did I even buy City Living today?? I guess, there is just some hope in me, that this game can be redeemable.......But, I guess I just wanted to try and see myself...so yeah....guess I'm diving back in and trying it...make a sim probably be in the social media career or try and political career -shrug-....Just wonder how long this will keep me entertained....

its not surprising really. the amount of people who are determined not to buy a pack with the sims 4 then post how they changed their mind and got the game anyway lol!
    I don't know why people post this about not getting a game then come back after caving in to buying them.
    enjoy your game, you don't have to explain why you changed your mind. its your money after all.
    I have lost hope with,

toddlers
    preteens
    playing restaurants like the sims 2 ones and shops like open for business
    open world/ editor/ create a world
    create a style/pattern/ colour wheel
    building apartments
    larger worlds
    more tools/options

but I still love elements of this game to keep me from going back to the other games and giving up completely on this one and will buy or not whenever.

I am hoping for improvements and more then just content I guess.

enjoy the new jobs. at least we have a few more to add to the list :)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    nyny29nyny29 Posts: 124 Member
    Im enjoying this expansion so much !!!! I loved Get to work, hated Get together, and this one is great so far! I'm really not bored after a bit more than a week! My sims started from the crappiest apartment and shes working as hard as she can to achieve the biggest penthouse :) I love it! Im not playing that much (you know, work and kids are a vortex of my free time haha) but every night I play 2-3 hours and I'm enjoying it !
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Ok random, I know this game is supposed to be more realistic, but I hate that sims with pink, blue, or green hair can't have a child with that color hair...I know I can change it when they grow up but still...that really irks me for some reason....lol!

Yes! It really irritates me that I cannot choose which hair color my sims can inherit. I let the children who I know will have pink or blue hair go bald until they become teenagers. And it is so strange to have an alien couple with green hair unable to have a child with the same color.

This really bothers me.
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    I'm glad you're enjoying the EP so far, OP! :)

Thanks I'm up early this morning about to play too...wow...

• Options

Yes! It really irritates me that I cannot choose which hair color my sims can inherit. I let the children who I know will have pink or blue hair go bald until they become teenagers. And it is so strange to have an alien couple with green hair unable to have a child with the same color.

This really bothers me.

Thank goodness I am not the only one.