Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you change the appearance of the alien 'parents'?

I'm hoping to buy Sims 3 and a few expansion packs soon, and will inevitably pick up Seasons since I loved the aliens in 2. One of the things I liked about them was the ability to make your own custom alien 'parents', giving them interesting skin tones/eye colours/facial structures, so that your alien gene pool would be expansive and diverse. Since it was so varied, it'd always be cool to see what type of alien your sim would give birth to. However, the aliens in Sims 3 look kind of bland (similar appearance-wise and don't have any hair!), so I was wondering if it's possible to change the appearance of the 'parent' aliens (OR AT LEAST GIVE THEM HAIR) or add completely custom ones?

Comments

• Options
    AlyxMSAlyxMS Posts: 22 Member
    You can't create aliens in CAS so it is not possible to create an alien.
    But I think you can edit existing aliens by using the cheat "testingcheatsenabled true" and Shift + Click on aliens and select edit in CAS.
  • Options
    axolotledaxolotled Posts: 2 New Member
    Okay, that sounds like just what I've been wanting; I hope it works. Thank you so much for the info!
  • Options
    bethiebear2013bethiebear2013 Posts: 30 New Member
    Or, if you have Nraas Master Controller, you can edit them through that without resetting their lifespan. :smile:
  • Options
    DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    You can also create them in CAS if you save an alien to the library (or whatever it is called I cannot remember) and then create a new sim (deleting each non-alien sim) until an alien appears. They will not have alien eyes until in the game, though.
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    > @DrewRowland said:
    > You can also create them in CAS if you save an alien to the library (or whatever it is called I cannot remember) and then create a new sim (deleting each non-alien sim) until an alien appears. They will not have alien eyes until in the game, though.

Wouldn't it be easier to just save two of them to the library, one male and one female?
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Giving them hair is the easiest part, you can do that in the mirror.
    I thought it wasn't possible to adjust aliens in CAS. I mean, it is, but I thought they were no longer aliens when you did.
    But now I'm confused, because of DrewRowlands remark about that...
    5JZ57S6.png