Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What exactly is the nraas 'master controller'?!?

Okay, so I've heard about how this can help you with your game and if you get any problems it can reset things for you. Is that all it does though? What is it? And if you do reset using it does it delete all your saved famillies on sims 3 like your starting a new game? Thanks :)

Comments

• Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited January 2013
    google nraas

Its a mod that helps your game run much better. There are many Nraas mods, i would suggest using mastercontroller which gives you a lot of useful additional controls, overwatch which saves your game from errors, errortrap which raises a report on the errors, woohooer which is a fantastic mod that allows for accidental pregnancy, and story progression which is far superior to the EA story progrssion, however story progression can slow your game downa bit

Start with mastercontroller and see how you get on with that

You need to set up your mods and packages folder first, see this link
    http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

Reset all in mastercontroller resets all actions in the town, it does not delete anything from your game, it just fixes errors that would otherwise make your game unplayable
  • Options
    leggokatzleggokatz Posts: 1,822 Member
    edited January 2013
    Best mod ever!! It's really hard to explain everything it does because there is just so much!I asked this very same question several times before I tried it and I could ever get a plain answer, after I finally tried it I understood why lol! I suggest trying it and see how you like it ( and you will!), it's super easy to remove if you decide you don't want it ;)
  • Options
    ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    edited January 2013
    You can read the FAQ about Master Controller to see what's about!

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController+FAQ
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController+Interactions (List of interactions)
  • Options
    Trish1966Trish1966 Posts: 1,010 Member
    edited January 2013
    Master Controller is the first mod I ever got and I haven't played without it ever since. Here are just a few examples of what you can do with it:

1. I don't know about you, but I believe I have way more than 5 personality traits. With MC, you can add some more to your sim. I'm not sure if there is a limit to how many you can have, but I've gone up to 21 before.

2. Is there a skill that absolutely drives you crazy to try to build? For me, it's either the handiness skill or the logic skill. You can cheat your way into being a level 10 at that skill.

3. Do you have a dead town? Not enough kids around for your kids to hang with? You can temporarily make another sim active and "pollinate" tham. That Sim will be preggers by whatever Sim you choose with no Woo Hoo involved. Your Sim could have a baby by someone they've never even met!

That doesn't even scratch the surface of what this mod does, but it gives you some idea how you can use it in your game.
  • Options
    my1helopilotmy1helopilot Posts: 1,487 Member
    edited January 2013
    megz11 wrote:
    if you do reset using it does it delete all your saved famillies on sims 3 like your starting a new game? Thanks :)

Basically, Master Controller can help you micromanage your town. If you reset a Sim it does just that it sends that Sim to a safe place in the game. Usually somewhere on their home lot. It will not delete the Sim or the whole family, however, if you want to delete your whole town or one Sim there is the annihilation option where it will delete all information about that Sim from the game.

The features I use the most are ..
    *Edit in CAS - This allows you to go back to CAS and change the appearance of your Sim
    *Transfer Genetics - This allows you to send one Sims genetics to another Sim
    *Family Funds - You can add or subtract money from the Household
    *Repair All - When you have too many things broke at one time and don't want to bother
    *Clean All - Same as above but cleaning
    *Make Active - Easily switch active household ( I now use portrait panel instead )
    *Long Term Relationship - Change the relationship between two Sims
    *Go Home - For the Sims that stay too long or are in the way
    *Invite Over - Forces an inactive Sim you choose to visit your Household

*Polinate or End a Pregnancy
    *Status - This tells you everything about that Sim from career, household, personal, and relationship..plus more. Easily see if a Sim is pregnant, who the father is, how far along, percent of chance it's a multiple birth, and if it's male or female.

Just like someone else had said earlier .. this only scratches the surface :)