This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Sims yelling at cats/dogs

I have not played with pets in a while, but recently started a save with pets and it seems every sim that is not part of the family comes up and yells at cats/dogs. I do not remember this happening when I first played pets. When did sims start to be so mean to cats/dog? It makes me wish my sim had the option to punch these sims for being mean to my sim's pets and all cat/dogs!

Comments

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,791 Member
    Sims can do an evil introduction or whatever it's called towards your pets, they can also be mean towards them autonomously.

I never liked it, they seem to do it way too often so I'm using the lessrudetowardspets mod by bienchen.
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    @logion I could understand evil and mean sims doing it, but when my sim takes his pets to the park - it seems every sims does this and I see them doing it to other pets at the park too. Thanks so much for the mod suggestion.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    I noticed this too in my game and I had the same reaction. :rage:
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    columbia93columbia93 Posts: 319 Member
    Same thing. Hadn't played in a little while and, with the latest update, started a new family because I seemed to have problems. Now I have a toddler who yells at the cat - never had that before - and I have a zillions ghosts that hang around the house even though I don't have paranormal. I'll try that mod mentioned above because I can't stand the yelling at pets.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,701 Member
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    I have not played with pets in a while, but recently started a save with pets and it seems every sim that is not part of the family comes up and yells at cats/dogs. I do not remember this happening when I first played pets. When did sims start to be so mean to cats/dog? It makes me wish my sim had the option to punch these sims for being mean to my sim's pets and all cat/dogs!

It's cause of a recent patch. Sims are also fussing at other sims for no reason.
  • Options
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    It bothers me too and I also use Bienchen's mod to stop them from doing it.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I dont think this is a recent bug? it has been happening in my game for a while now, probably ever since i bought the pack a year ago. I have this cat cafe and some customers just love scolding the cats for no clear reason. Like, why would you even come to a cat cafe if you dont like cats, auntie?
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    It's been around a while as far as I know, at least since last year. I used to get so annoyed when randoms would shout at my pets. I was like, "HOW DARE YOU!!?". Thankfully the mod fixes that.
  • Options
    Finvola wrote: »
    It's been around a while as far as I know, at least since last year. I used to get so annoyed when randoms would shout at my pets. I was like, "HOW DARE YOU!!?". Thankfully the mod fixes that.

Chances are it's still around cause no one posted about it in the link above. If your having this issue please make a thread on this in the link I posted.
  • Options
    BastetBastet Posts: 56 Member
    Yeah, I sometimes see townies being rude to pets and the very same townies always end up sleeping with the fishes in a walled pool o:)
  • Options
    PriestessDreadfulPriestessDreadful Posts: 291 Member
    Yeah I always deliberately do a mean interaction to the Sims that are mean to my pets. :D

It's what I would do in real life, after all.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Bastet wrote: »
    Yeah, I sometimes see townies being rude to pets and the very same townies always end up sleeping with the fishes in a walled pool o:)

hahahaha awesome :)<3