The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For those of us that buy kits, what are some ideas for kits you would like to see?

SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,014 Member
edited May 14 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I don’t use custom content even though I’m on a PC and those on console can’t use it either, so there are a few things I would like to see.

First off, I loved the Little Campers kit because it had things for children and I would love to see more stuff for children, toddlers and infants. I also loved the children’s clothing kits, and would like to see more children, toddler, and infant clothing in kits, even if they are in conjunction with adult clothing.

One of the most amazing and unique stuff packs sims 4 came up with was the children’s stuff pack with Void Critters, I would love to see Void Critters expanded upon, they were so unique to the Sims 4. I don’t know whose idea it was, but it was a brilliant idea. I ‘d like to see a kit devoted to Void Critters. I can’t remember exactly how many void Critters there are ( Maybe 12? ). But for each void critter, I’d like to see Void Critter stuffed animals to display, on night stands, dressers, floor, etc. I would also like to see Void Critter toys ( like the Super hero male and female toys we have ), for Children and toddlers to play with, and Maybe I would like to see, Void Critter T-Shirts for each Void Critter, for Children and Toddlers ( each child and toddler could have their favorite ). For Infants they could make either a T shirt or a onesie. And I think it would even be fun to see Void Critter T shirts for teens through Elder too, for those who might collect Void Critters. They could come out with Void Critter furniture too. We already have animal chairs from the base game or some pack. Why not a Void Critter chair, bed ( bedcover with each void critter on it ), toddler bed, and Infant.crib ( the one you can take with you ), a children/toddler bookcase lamp, toy box and shelf. The Sims did Create the brand! How about giving us Void Critter lunch boxes and backpacks?

I’d also like to see a kit with freezer bunny stuff for children too.

So do you have any kit ideas you would really enjoy seeing being that we are obviously going to get more kits?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,532 Member
    Void critter and freezer bunny temporary tattoo stickers for kids and older. :smiley:
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,571 Member
    what i would need is a kit that adds top load washers with matching dryer retro and modern like these sets

rD7JsQv.jpg

8gSgdwa.jpg

cRHBQIB.jpg

GhH4C9y.jpg

modern and retro dishwashers like these for kitchens

LeLSUR7.jpg

80Tl2Vc.jpg

ZHQyLVw.jpg

RVxtBkM.jpg

retro and modern clothes for sims of all ages for both female sims and male sims

kitchen stoves retro as well as modern and refrigirators

MORKYVA.jpg

kLiVq7F.jpg

XjavxjE.jpg
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 119 Member
    I want Adirondack chairs, so maybe a kit with southern living porch decor.

A kit with couches with slotable throw pillows, some of the throw pillows should have holiday swatches
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,134 Member
    edited May 11
    I think I mainly want kits to be more daring/one theme, more exciting. something you either love or you don't

Not just random clutter items that you barely remember which pack they belong to

like hit me with that mermaid furniture kit or plantsim cas kit not with " trendy random clutter kit"

also I wish that they included more things for occult, men, infants and toddlers //okay weird list but it just feels these groups often get very few things in the game and even less things in kits

or then its like female sims get all kinds of cool stuff and male sims get like idk t-shirt I guess just makes me sad
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 119 Member
    edited May 11
    A graveyard kit

Also a basics kit, little black dress, black pencil skirt, dress shirt and slacks, basics...

Family photo kit- matching outfits and sleepwear for all age levels
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 807 Member
    edited May 12
    Ballet kit. I would rather have a stuff pack, but I would settle for a kit.
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 266 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I think I mainly want kits to be more daring/one theme, more exciting. something you either love or you don't

Not just random clutter items that you barely remember which pack they belong to

like hit me with that mermaid furniture kit or plantsim cas kit not with " trendy random clutter kit"

also I wish that they included more things for occult, men, infants and toddlers //okay weird list but it just feels these groups often get very few things in the game and even less things in kits

or then its like female sims get all kinds of cool stuff and male sims get like idk t-shirt I guess just makes me sad

I agree. I think Kits are a big example of the game's inability to take risks. Get weird with it for once. Then I'd probably take more of an interest.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,070 Member

@Simmingal YES this would be a perfect application for kits

• Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,946 Member
    A hired person's bad house fix.

Half painted walls with little brush strokes of different colored wall, hand and finger prints with paint mixed in. Sinks with broken pipes that squirt water when used.

Like if you hired someone to paint or fix something in your house and they did a really bad job of it? That's what I'm thinking of.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,756 Member
    edited May 12
    CAS kits:

Scarf kit (they had a wild west themed scarf in Horse Ranch, why do we not have normal scarfs in the game?)
    Travel cas kit, (Backpacks, suitcases, handbags)
    Electronic accessories kit (headphones, earpieces, smartwatches, mobile phones, I would buy this kit in a heartbeat)
    Glasses kit (we need more different glasses in the game imo, there are so many modern and good looking glasses irl)
    Fancy footwear kit (more fancier footwear which are not high heels or boots.)
    Jeans kit (Jeans clothing like different types of jeans, and jackets)
    Hairstyles kits (different types of hairstyles that could be themed differently)
    Jacket and sweatshirt kits (more jackets and sweatshirts with different combinations)
    Cool hats and hat accessories kit (different types of beanies and caps, sunglasses and more beanies with headphones)

B/B kits:

Home workshop kits (random clutter so you can create activity related rooms like a painting room, a tool workshop, a music room)
    Office kit (office related items like pens, folders, different types of table lamps, computers)
    Home Electronics kit (different types of desktop computers, laptops, sound bars, surround systems, stereos and modern electronics)
    Comfortable rugs kit (more rugs)
    Curtains kit (more different types of curtains and curtain rods, why do we not have more of those?)
    Home heating kit (different types of radiators, fireplaces and other ways you use to warm up your house)
    Home installations kit (common home installations like light switches, water heaters, air conditioners, electricity meters)
    Kitchen clutter kit (table plates, pots and pans, pie forms, cutlery, drinking glasses, recipe books)
    Decorative candles kit (different types of candles for home decoration or for occult builds)
    Messy rooms kit (decorations to make the rooms look messy, clothes thrown on the floor, boxes, unsorted books)
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,033 Member
    1. Winter clothing kit:

- Mix and match snow suits for different age groups
    - Trench coats
    - Long dress coats
    - Boots and gloves in colours that match the above

2. Window coverings kit:

- Mix and match window toppers, curtains and curtain rods that can be seamlessly combined for different window widths in different wall heights

3. Office furniture and decor kit:

- Water cooler
    - Cubical dividers
    - Filing cabinets
    - Printer
    - Printer stand
    - Desk
    - Office chair
    - Desk file tray
    - White board
    - Boardroom chair
    - Boardroom table
    - Office clutter
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,528 Member

Thiiiiiis!

~ We definitely need some "sea themed" Mermaid stuff. Clam shell bed, vanity, large tub, fish types that Mermaids can communicate with in the tank or fishbowl, seaweed and coral decor... so many possibilities. On that note, some enhanced Plantsim stuff would be awesome too. Like, some new plant hairs and clothing and skin textures.

~ Kits for Occult children/toddlers/infants/newborns. I mean, come on, why are they always left out? I'd actually like a gameplay kit to update the little ones with more interactions, strange toys and black clothing pieces. Ideally, I'd like them all to have even one specific weird power or effect that identifies them as "not normal". It would probably be better as an update, but Occult offspring are always ignored and it's frustrating.

~ I agree with the Void Critter idea! I love the Void Critters and it would be awesome to see more of them in a variety of ways.

~ Definitely more hairs. Especially collaborations with CC creators because content creators make the best styles. I don't know why, but the majority of game hairs just look repetitious and always have "safe" or "trendy" styles. How about some with more wisps and tangles, retro hair styles, more long hair or punk, goth, hippie, emo, etc. How about some wilder styles and alt styles? More textures and types of thickness. And especially the guys, can we have more styles that aren't clean cut or "modern fashion"? Loose ponytails, spiky styles, even some anime types. Bedhead, messy, rebel, unwashed, uneven... and also can we please, please for the love of creativity, add more odd colors to the hair grid and allow them all for children and under? If I want a Mermaid with pink hair to have a pink-haired baby, I can't. Why are all the colorful hairs assumed to be hair dye? Let. Us. Have. Fantasy. Gameplay.

~ More retro Kits. Old school Punk, like from the 70s, or an 80s Kit that's NOT fitness, but New Wave or rock style. Also, 1940s, 1800s, medieval, rococo/Baroque, Renaissance...anything that's not modern. And a dueling gameplay kit for our castles.

~ TATTOOS!!! Oh god, I'd love a tattoo kit, especially some more masculine looking tatoos, and icons from the game. Void Critters, Grim Reaper, Llamas, Freezer Bunnies...plus decorative styles. Also, can we please have more tatoos for other parts of the body, like the legs, ankles, hands, midsection and back? I feel like there's never enough to choose from.

~ Face accessories Kit. New teeth styles, skin textures and highlights, EYELASHES, subtle makeup options like thin eyeliner, simple eyeshadow, natural lips that change the lip shape, (see content creators please) and piercings. Also, sunglasses.

~ Costume kit for the little ones. I always need more costumes and having Get Famous gives me access to tons of outfits for older Sims, but I never have options for their offspring. So how about a return of the Sims 3 costume chest for children, toddlers and infants. Please make sure to include some historic and retro. (Would prefer a Stuff Pack to have hairs and hats to go with it.)

~ Royal kits. Now that we have castles, can we get some medieval furniture kits and CAS castle household kits? I'd like some royalty, including crowns, in a variety of cultures, plus the peasants and servants. We already have Knights from Get Together, but how about more maiden dresses too?

~ Hats and Shoes! I love a good hat and really love some lug sole shoes. I know some people want more high heels for women as well.

~ A real mens clothing kit. Cargo pants, henley tops, tailored clothing, fitted tees, flattering styles, faded jeans that are full length and not ankle (because I hate ankle pants and we have way too many) casual button down shirt but tailored, jean jackets, greaser tees with the rolled sleeves and leather jackets, plain gloves, dressy winter coats. Masculine and stylish stuff that looks amazing and flattering.

~ Poolhall gameplay kit. The return of the pool table, pitchers of juice and steins, rugs, "man-cave" items, leather furniture.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,014 Member
    Those of you who said hairstyles.,,,,, I have been wanting hairstyle kits for so so long! And Curtain kits that really add to new swatches in all colors and patterns of curtains from the different packs.

Eyelashes….. I want those too! But since they are something new, I figure we would have to first have to have them in base game.

There are actually so many good ideas on here!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,954 Member
    Oh stop, you just reminded me I need to unload my dishwasher. Had family over yesterday and they cleaned up the kitchen after my eldest son cooked up a fabulous Mother's Day dinner, but the machine was full by the end of it. Ran it last night but now I have the rather tedious task of emptying it again.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/