Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hints to music and bands in Crystal Creations

Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
I know the team doesn't hint but this time I think they are there.

- A taylor swift lyric from her song Delicate is quoted (english simmer has a video where she mentions it)
- A lamp called midnight oil (also a band in my country mostly known for their song beds are burning )
- the patch broke sims with singing and music skills, luckily they did and emergency patch. Does that imply changes to those skills in the background?

Comments

• Options
    jomilejjomilej Posts: 191 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

- A taylor swift lyric from her song Delicate is quoted (english simmer has a video where she mentions it)
    - A lamp called midnight oil (also a band in my country mostly known for their song beds are burning )
    - the patch broke sims with singing and music skills, luckily they did and emergency patch. Does that imply changes to those skills in the background?

Could be coming next season...especially that this season is from January to april; Maybe this Summer we could get a music pack
  • Options
    Given the current road map only mentioning one SP it can't be before the road map ends. Maybe the summer release, maybe later. I just think they are working on something music related but have no clue about timing.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited March 1
    There was also band posters in Werewolves, musical instruments in Werewolves, Growing Together, Horse Ranch, New dance in Horse Ranch and For Rent...

Soo who knows 🧐
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 134 Member
    edited March 2
    Likely November
    This summer has love and fairies?
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,859 Member

This is the best argument that we're finally getting a music pack. The argument that it was just a coincidence is that crystals do effect skill gains so they would have had to tie singing skill in with whatever crystal gives sims a boost in that skill.

A bands/music pack with an active singer career is tops on my personal wish list, so put me down for believing this had something to do with preparing for a future music pack that went sideways.
  • Options
    plumboy23 wrote: »
    Likely November

Fairies this summer would be great. And then harps for the fairies in a music pack :)
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    I'm so glad they patched this. I was ready to spit nails. My current main character is a celebrated guitarist. My plan was that his daughter would keep his rock star guitar in a special place in the house as a family heirloom, and then her child would pick it up one day and develop a passion for guitar playing.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 175 Member
    plumboy23 wrote: »
    Likely November

Fairies this summer would be great. And then harps for the fairies in a music pack :)

Personally, I am not so much into Fairies, but I wouldn't mind them of course. Harp though is my most favorite music instrument, so PLEASE let your post become true! :smile:

Even before reading this thread, it also have been in my mind that the bug related to singing and music instruments could be a hint somehow. Let's see if it just The Sims 4 being messed up like whatever or if this bug really has some decent background. 🎶
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,466 Member

Yes the team does hints. They’re only messing with us when they say they don’t. 😅

There’s absolutely no way I would have gotten the Taylor Swift reference, I know what the girl looks like but that’s about it. I’m familiar with the Australian band Midnight Oil though. The botched music / singing skills could indicate that some kind of music / band pack is in development. I’ve always wanted a “Bands Pack”, it’s just that….…man….don’t break anything. I’m so tired of all that nonsense. Quality Assurance should be EA’s top priority. A music pack could just blow the entire game to bits. Do we wants that? No. But we wants a bands pack!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited March 6
    Yeah don't know Taylor songs at all

but I do have Midnight Oil - Beds Are Burning on my chaotic spotify playlist where I just throw any vaguely vibing song I hear and know the name of
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    There was at least one dragon reference in the new pack. I can imagine dragons might have a subtle link to music.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    edited March 6
    Gordy wrote: »
    There was at least one dragon reference in the new pack. I can imagine dragons might have a subtle link to music.

"Imagine Dragons"

Sorry. Sorry. You served it to me on a silver platter.
  • Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 175 Member
    I neither know Taylor Swift, nor Midnight Oil, but I do know Imagine Dragons :lol:
  • Options
    masatsimmasatsim Posts: 22 Member
    edited March 15
    The Loveseat that came with Crystal Creations also references the lyrics of Tainted Love by Soft Cell