Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Time for a Hotels/Resorts Pack this year

The main thing I really want added to The Sims 4 this year is a hotels/Resorts pack, I felt like hotels should have been added with Island Living but ever since then I've always wanted Hotels to be added to the game in another pack, possibly a game or expansion pack, the pack could include a Mediterranean or Southern Asian world with all inclusive resorts, being able to take our Sims properly on holiday/vacation in a hotel resort would be fantastic and is what The Sims 4 is still missing, a hotel pack should include a reception system, curved pools, waterslides, swimmable, large beaches, surfing, swim-up pool bars, it would be a brilliant pack to see added to The Sims 4 so please listen to us EA/Sims Team and give us hotels in The Sims 4!!!

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    The main thing I really want added to The Sims 4 this year is a hotels/Resorts pack, I felt like hotels should have been added with Island Living but ever since then I've always wanted Hotels to be added to the game in another pack, possibly a game or expansion pack, the pack could include a Mediterranean or Southern Asian world with all inclusive resorts, being able to take our Sims properly on holiday/vacation in a hotel resort would be fantastic and is what The Sims 4 is still missing, a hotel pack should include a reception system, curved pools, waterslides, swimmable, large beaches, surfing, swim-up pool bars, it would be a brilliant pack to see added to The Sims 4 so please listen to us EA/Sims Team and give us hotels in The Sims 4!!!

Same.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    We already have the rental system, so though I'm not one to chime in with "should've been an update", I really think hotels/resorts, at this point, should be included in a refresh or something.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    greydonn wrote: »
    We already have the rental system, so though I'm not one to chime in with "should've been an update", I really think hotels/resorts, at this point, should be included in a refresh or something.

I don't think the Sims Team is going to do anymore refreshes. We need Hotels in an Expansion so they can flesh them out and even include a Vacation Type World.
  • Options
    MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 74 Member
    I would want hotels/resorts to be an EP. There is enough that could be added to this theme that they could get an EP worth of content, especially if they included a destination world with the pack.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I think they will build/expand on having multi-purpose lots moving forward. The Residental Rentals from For Rent and the Community Center lot type both serve as different approaches to this, and in my head, an ideal Hotel lot would combine them. That is, shared space would work like the community center lot so you can have your gym, spa, computer center, pool, bar, etc. drawing the correct sim activity, while you could then designate other areas as specific sub-lots - I think it might be worthwhile for Restaurants and Shops to be "closed off" and require a loading screen, as well as the rooms.

However, I don't think they'll give us this progression still this year. Maybe early 2025. For one, there are other things people are asking for that I think they want to do (bands, cars, faeries) and while the hotel crowd is loud, I think other groups were louder 2-3 years ago when a Hotels pack would have started development. Two, I think there might be one or two more "in between" steps - such as being able to do non-residential lots on a multi-lot like residdential rentals - that they'll need to iron out first.

Personally, while I'd like hotels, I really want something with a little more... I'll use the word Action, even though that's not quite right, ( Fantasy would be closer, but not in the "unicorns, faeries and dragons" sense, but more in the "Secret Life of Walter Mitty" sense) before we get more "real life but happier" packs.
  • Options
    Another reason I want hotels is so we could get more pool items and pool shapes. I just don't think The Sims Team is going to do a Pool Stuffpack though I could be wrong.