Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Confirmed Pack Hints

LeccaLecca Posts: 126 Member
I was just wondering if there were any hints about For Rent in any of the recent packs. This got me thinking, what are some of your favorite hints/clues/conspiracies about future packs that have been hidden in the game and ended up being confirmed so far? Ex. all the horses in Growing Together before Horse Ranch was announced :blush:

Edited to add: Sorry, I wasn't intending to speculate on hints for future packs or hints in For Rent. I was looking for hints in packs that have already been released about packs that have already been released. Like were there any hints in Horse Ranch for For Rent?
Post edited by Lecca on

Comments

• Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,450 Member
    I seem to vaguely remember years ago Bob Pancakes wore a city themed shirt and we got City Living later on.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Someone on YouTube found hints for pet birds.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    edited December 2023

Yeah, I saw something about a bird cage somewhere….. also what is the mysterious round box/basket?, it seems like the YouTubers don’t know what it’s for.

One youtuber said they thought someone, maybe guru’s, I can’t remember, were hinting about making jewelry in a future pack.
  • Options
    ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

Yeah, I saw something about a bird cage somewhere….. also what is the mysterious round box/basket?, it seems like the YouTubers don’t know what it’s for.

One youtuber said they thought someone, maybe guru’s, I can’t remember, were hinting about making jewelry in a future pack.

In our place, elderly people (especially elderly men) like to raise a pet bird, take the bird cage out and gathering with other elderly friends...
    Maybe an elderly pack?
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Grim Reaper/Afterlife/Cemetery/Dangerous pack hints since early 2023 with the Grim Reaper appearing in Behind the Sims, maybe it's coming next year finally.

But I remember the hints to Werewolves pack and Growing Together. Growing Together has new toy taxis/toy cars BTW. Maybe those are coming in 2024 too?
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Wish we will get the Small Pets GP from the 2017 pack survey finally <3 hopefully an OFB inspired EP will be in the works one day, I don't care that Get To Work had retail, it was released in 2015 and was the first EP, would be amazing for Maxis to make a glorious return of retail businesses and home businesses and ticket machines and cash register animations and maybe they can add shopping malls too?
  • Options
    Bren91Bren91 Posts: 299 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    Grim Reaper/Afterlife/Cemetery/Dangerous pack hints since early 2023 with the Grim Reaper appearing in Behind the Sims, maybe it's coming next year finally.

But I remember the hints to Werewolves pack and Growing Together. Growing Together has new toy taxis/toy cars BTW. Maybe those are coming in 2024 too?
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »

I really hope your right about the grim reaper pack/dangerous pack idea, I think the sims 4 needs a darker aspect to the game to make it feel more fun. I think they need to do a pack that adds more danger to the game where there is more mischief, like robbers again, add in more with the grim reaper, finally add funerals to the game. I think when there’s some darker things in the game it balances it out and makes it feel more alive, and the good things that happen in the game feel even more impactful. I think we need a pack that does that, while still remaining quirky and fun, sort of how the sims 2 was.
  • Options
    fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member

There is a birdcage in the new EP I believe. Its a decorative object. Would be awesome to have some exotic bird pets!
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Arca wrote: »

In our place, elderly people (especially elderly men) like to raise a pet bird, take the bird cage out and gathering with other elderly friends...
    Maybe an elderly pack?
    Lmao at generalizing

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

Maybe an elderly pack?
    Lmao at generalizing

It really is a hobby popular in China where people, usually elderly men walk their pet birds in cages. They take them to the park and swing their cages as they walk to get the birds to exercise their wings. :smile:

local-chinese-men-with-birds-in-the-park-beijing-china-ACJT1D.jpg
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I would be excited for the birds actually. The Grim Reaper is a classic character and that was highly requested so I wouldn't be surprised if they release something about him.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    If it is a hint I hope there are no round cages. Those are not safe for birds. And a chance to let them roam outside of cages. Mine have a room to themselves they chill in all day outside of the cage
  • Options
    LeccaLecca Posts: 126 Member
    Sorry, I wasn't intending to speculate on hints for future packs or hints in For Rent. I was looking for hints in packs that have already been released about packs that have already been released. Like were there any hints in Horse Ranch for For Rent?

I love speculating on what could be a hint but I wanted examples of confirmed pack hints, like @Starfree mentioned 😊
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    Lecca wrote: »
    Sorry, I wasn't intending to speculate on hints for future packs or hints in For Rent. I was looking for hints in packs that have already been released about packs that have already been released. Like were there any hints in Horse Ranch for For Rent?

I love speculating on what could be a hint but I wanted examples of confirmed pack hints, like @Starfree mentioned 😊

Basically, I haven't seen anything at all hinting for for rent. However, aim travelling and away from my game. I'm gonna check for you when I get back to my regular city. I have all the packs and all the kits, so I'll check everything. I'm very curious too!
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited December 2023
    @Lecca Here's one Pixelade mentioned in a recent video: the calendars that came in the Cats & Dogs pack had swatches for each season; then we got the Seasons pack.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited December 2023
    The Get Together board had a toddler riding a dog in it.
    Cats & Dogs, Toddler Patch

The future Cube had a hint text about a dwarf riding an udderly impressive foe.
    Cottage Living.
    (It also had a text for ladders.)

For For Rent we got quite a bit of Asian themed swatches in packs and kits during the last few months, especially paintings.

(Atm they're heavily hinting at unicorns.)
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 169 Member
    edited December 2023
    In Dream Home Decorator there was a play-tent for children with a farm animals swatch, and then we got Cottage Living. :)
    Post edited by mrs_starkey on
  • Options
    VytautėVytautė Posts: 6 New Member
    In Growing Together there was this little plant pot with a mushroom, without reading the description I thought it was a hint to fairies but actually it was hinting at for rent! I can't add a picture, maybe someone else will be able to. In the description it says something about apartments and tenants I believe, I'll check in game later and add it here if noone else does before me.
  • Options
    VytautėVytautė Posts: 6 New Member
    The plant from Growing Together is called "Fungi Realty Inc. Studio Apartment" and in the description it says that's it's a studio apartment for rent and won't be on the market long, so it's a pretty straightforward clue to For Rent :D
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    edited December 2023
    The Fungus Among Us decor from Werewolves!! That plus Fungi Reality is all I have found so far.

High School Years, Horse Ranch, and Growing Together all hint at Home Chef Hustle. The fireplace in Growing Together, the kitchen clutter in Horse Ranch, and the toaster in High School Years. So I know there's more hints I'm not seeing yet.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    They teased The Sims 5 a couple of years ago. Something about "The first one this, the second one that, the third one - related to open world-" and ended with "The fifth one must be great".
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

Maybe an elderly pack?
    Lmao at generalizing

It really is a hobby popular in China where people, usually elderly men walk their pet birds in cages. They take them to the park and swing their cages as they walk to get the birds to exercise their wings. :smile:

local-chinese-men-with-birds-in-the-park-beijing-china-ACJT1D.jpg

How cool. I also hope they tie it in to parenthood too for children as well as other age groups.
  • Options
    I think paintings and billboards have teased some worlds.