Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not so Doctor Who Legacy

ZootZoot Posts: 188 Member
See the legacy in action: http://zootplayz.com/not-so-doctor-who/

So, Zoot loves legacies and she loves Doctor Who so it only seems natural she would want to combine them.
Now there is already a very awesome Time Lord Challenge for the Sims out there but it's not really my thing. I love legacy play and would much rather have my challenge reflect each Doctors personality in different generations rather than in just one sim.
That's where the Time Lords [Path of the Doctor|https://sims4timelordchallenge.blogspot.com/p/path-of-doctor-tracking-sheet.html] comes in. Initially I was just going to use this plan straight out as the legacy but then my brain got thinking.
Why can't I take the concept and make it my own? Complete with rules along the way.
Thus, the Not so Doctor Who Legacy was born!
Obviously, huge inspiration is coming from the Not so Berry challenge here. At least in the generational requirements stuff and somehow I've got the first couple gens following the same careers. It wasn't intentional it just kind of happened that way.

They just fit the doctors!

This is based on my own interpretations of each doctor and will hit most packs so not really base game friendly. I chose to make my doctors famous that decision however is entirely yours.
Like in Not so Berry you can start out wherever you want but no cheating after that so keep those bills in mind when picking your starter lot.
Any gender, its your doctor.
Keep a memento from each doctor. A picture or photo of them or just something they created.

If the rules seem abnormally specific that is because they are and I was trying to get myself to do things I usually don't. Plus slow myself down on baby making and just getting to know the sims.

But anyways without further ado here we go:

A Not so Doctor Who Legacy

Generation One
In loving memory of William Hartnells stern, mysterious yet family loving 1st doctor.
"Eh? Doctor who? What's he talking about...?"

You're a famous scientist with the brains to back up that ego of yours. Yet despite your many brilliant discoveries the one thing you struggle with is being a good parent. Which it turns out is your true desire in life.

- genius, self absorbed, hot head
- master scientist career
- master super parent aspiration ]
- master logic, parenting and one skill based on lovers traits (ie. violin for a music lover)
- have a child with coworker before you're in a relationship
- cannot have child until at least halfway through career (level 5)
- cannot marry until you learn all of your lovers traits and are halfway through the skill you learned to impress them
-make an enemy at work (this sims family will forever plague your own)
- make sure all of your work inventions are completely upgraded
- dress style: prim and proper(always dressed to the nines)
- 1-3 kids
- any spare children must find the perfect life partner before they can leave the house

CONTINUED UNDER THE CUT
Generation Two
In loving memory of Peter Troughtons cosmic hobo 2nd doctor.
"People spend all their time making nice things and then other people come along and break them!"

You love people. All you've ever wanted to do is make the world a better place for you and your family. Which sadly, is not as big as you'd like. Many friends have come and gone from your life but your child is always by your side no matter what.

- slob, music lover, family oriented
- friend of the world
- charity organizer in the political career
(does not need to be mastered, your focus is your child and self made family - friends)
- master comedy, violin and another instrument
- your postcard collection starts here , get your first postcard (collect one every generation from now on)
- protest at least once a week
- always have dinner as a family
- never marry
- can only have one child
There are two options to acquire this child.
*preferred method, be abducted and have your child from this otherworldly encounter
(It is possible for females to be impregnated thanks to mc and the satellite from generation 1 could help with the abduction process)
This child should always wear a disguise.
Now if you dont want to go the alien route I have provided an alternative
alternate method - your best friend hates children but after a one night stand the two of you have a child but they do not want anything to do with the child
(may remain friends but that is up to you, they just can no longer be romantic)
- your enemy dies in your presence (child of previous generations enemy)
- dress style: bow ties, hats, baggy and holey clothes

Generation Three
In loving memory of John Pertwees action packed dandy of a 3rd doctor.
"I sometimes think that military intelligence is a contradiction in terms."

Somehow your home has never felt like home. Your parent absolutely loved you but very much sheltered you from life. You seek to see all that life has to offer and maybe just maybe find somewhere that feels like home.

- active, snob, self assured
- complete renaissance sim aspiration
- master barista or scout career as a teen
- work in military as a young adult and continue to hide alien form (optional: attend university to be an astronaut at the same time)
- once your rocket is built (and or received a degree or got the job option from a phone call) join the astronaut career and never hide your true form again
- build 'Bessie' your spaceship fully upgrade her and visit another world
- if you did not go the alien route last generation you must move to a different neighborhood as well
- master handiness, rocket science,fitness and rock climbing
- dole out firm punishments on your children - you have your rules they must learn
- (optional) marry a witch or wizard
- master the rock climbing wall
- climb to the top of Mt. Komorebi
- have a light saber fight with your families enemy
- 1 - 3 children
- dress style: dressed to the nines like generation 1 but with flair! A bold color splashed into an otherwise sensible outfit or a cape

Generation Four
In loving memory of Tom Bakers erratic, brilliant and ever exploring fourth doctor.
"I'm a very dangerous fellow when I don't know what I'm doing."
Here's the thing: you are perfectly aware that you're just some form of entertainment for someone behind a screen somewhere. None of these so called sims believe you when you tell them they're out there. So you know what you're going to do?, you're going to make this as entertaining as possible, for you of course everybody else better strap in its gonna be a wild ride.

- erratic, clumsy, dog lover
- master jungle explorer aspiration AND spellcraft and sorcery AND a star wars aspiration of your choice
- must be born a spellcaster
(If second parent isn't one use a story element to account for it and use mc to make them one as a toddler)
- never have a job
- have a magic dual with your families enemy
- must own a dog from young adult on (can get one earlier if desired)
- master baking, pet training and comedy
- have an adventure (invite out) weekly with your best friend
- explore space with your parents rocket at least once a week
- marry someone down right jaw dropping
- clone yourself
- have three kids but spread them out. 1st is the parents best friend, 2nd not born until 1st child is a teen - this kid is pretty opposite of their parent, 3rd (heir) cannot be born until 2nd child is a kid.
- dress style: a scarf or a hat in every outfit, earth tones

- (optional) own a bakery or a restaurant specializing in deserts (jelly babies)

Generation Five
In loving memory of Peter Davisons doctor with the childlike optimism and a passion for cricket.
"The trouble with time travel is one never seems to find the time."
Your parents never paid too much attention they were far more interested in fun and exploration after all they didn't think this was the real world. And although technically you had a big family you were never all home at the same time. To you it just felt empty, as a child you surrounded yourself with friends to try to fill that empty feeling. But as an adult you think it would be even better to fill it with family.

- bro, childish, outgoing
- master social butterfly as a kid and big happy family as an adult (optional party animal secondary aspiration)
- master athlete career (sports)
- have a club with all your childhood friends that meets every week (bowling team anyone?)
- throw a party every week (man this generation is friendly)
- master fitness, bowling and robotics
- go to university to become an engineer but dropout when you are drafted into professional sports - just complete your next goal before you leave school
- build a servo and teach it to be self sufficient (2nd part can be done after you start your sports career)
- have at least 3 kids (but why stop there)
- children rules: one is a homebody who never wants to leave but you must guide them on their true path (help them find their calling career and/or play match maker) another child just craves independence, they leave as soon as they become a young adult but they just can't make it on their own and return as an adult
- after an altercation with your families enemy in front of your kids any spare children still at home must leave
- (optional) a child dies prematurely
- (optional) adopt a child
- (optional) doctors death by disease (rodent fever or jungle disease)
- dress style: sporty with eccentric accessories

Generation Six
In loving memory of Colin Bakers loud justice seeking and highly misunderstood doctor.
"I may be behaving like a manic barometer, but don't shrug off help when it's offered. You can't afford to."

After seeing your parents great fight (or death) it leaves an undeniable mark on your psyche. You're rude, brash and have no time for those not as smart as you. Yet despite this you believe strongly in justice and will fight for anyone in need - even if you don't really like them.

- paranoid, hot headed, cat lover
- master the academic aspiration
- master debate and charisma
- own white and bengal cats (because no cat lover ever owns just one)
- greet everyone lesser than you (think those God awful townies) with a rude introduction. The conversation can then be friendly but peoples initial impressions must be off putting
- earn a distinguished language and literature degree from Britechester
- join the Debate club and secret society
- must live on campus
- master lawyer career
- meet your future spouse in debate club - (initially you dont get along but over time and a chance encounter years later fall in love)
- this doctor must be famous (5 stars)
- use fame shine at all times
(You dont care if people like you but they must pay attention and always be aware of your presence)
- (optional - (because I dont know how it would work in game) have your families enemy save you
- dress style: bold colors mismatched until a graduate then can switch dapper and dark solid outfits
- have 1 to 2 kids

Generation Seven
In loving memory of Sylvester McCoy's entertaining, non violent but really quite sad and devious doctor.
"Happiness is nothing unless it exists side by side with sadness. Two sides, one coin."

Following in your parents footsteps you are quite well known. Which is great because you are a natural entertainer. You begin your life by riding on your fame as an actor. But your naturally devious personality catches the eye of those who could use someone like you in more secret enterprises. And you will do anything to blot out the ever nagging sadness that constantly seems to want to overcome you.

- gloomy, outgoing, perfectionist
- acting aspiration (does not need to be mastered)
- master acting and mischief
- master the secret agent career
- begin your working life as an actor but after an offer you couldn't refuse join the secret agent career (preferably from those job opportunities presented via phone messages for reputation)
- have a great reputation
- perform at a talent showcase once a week to keep up the pretense
(alternatively use a mod to have both careers going at the same time)
- always listen to jazz or blues music
- have one child very late in life (quite frankly you forgot all about being an heir to a legacy)
- dress style: anything you please (what can both attract attention and yet somehow be forgettable?)

Generation Eight
In loving memory of Paul McGanns effortlessly charming doctor.
"I'm the Doctor, but probably not the one you were expecting."

You never really knew your parent. So you try your hand at everything to emulate what they would want you to be. But your true calling is putting down roots, literally and physically.

- cheerful, loves the outdoors, green fiend
- master successful lineage aspiration and freelance botanist
- master violin, gardening, flower arranging and painting
- master gardening career (science)
- grow a large garden (10 plants or more)
- marry your soulmate a music loving doctor
- have 3 or more children
- have close relationships with them all
- dress style: a little bit cowboy

Have you noticed there's been no mention of the families enemy? They have disappeared.

Generation Nine

In loving memory of Christopher Ecclestons lonely and sad but do gooding Doctor.
"Tell you what, with a little bit of jiggery-pokery—"

You grew up in a very happy and close family but with time they all leave you. It was nothing personal just time. But with every loss you feel more and more sad and alone. As a result you retreat from the world throwing yourself into your crafting hobbies and work. What truly begins to brighten your life is finding that certain someone with a true connection.

- loner, gloomy, maker
- master detective career
- during interrogations use bad cop never good cop interactions
- master the master maker aspiration
- master handiness, charisma and fabrication
- cannot meet future spouse until on part three of your aspiration
- meet your true love through work (does not have to be a coworker) using an enchanting introduction
- make and keep a statue of every kind (including emotional ones)
- once married go on adventures with your spouse and family (weekend vacations - wherever and however you want just leave the house for 2 days)
- have 1 - 2 kids
- dress style: dark colors especially leather jackets

Generation Ten

In loving memory of David Tennants loveable and severely empathic doctor.
"If I believe in one thing, just one thing, I believe in her."

Your passion bubbles very close to the surface. You always admired your parents relationship but your emotions make it real hard to settle on just one sim no matter how hard you try. Until you realize they've been right in front of you this whole time.

- hot head, romantic, bookworm
- master style influencer career
- master serial romantic aspiration
followed by
- master soulmate aspiration
- master dance and a skill of your choice
- go on a date at least once a week once you reach teen
- all serial romantic lovers must be of the opposite sex
- soul mate must be of the same sex (an old friend)
- read two books every week
- really enjoy your life (take up invites out as often as possible)
- have as many kids as you like (who knows what risky has in store) one spare child of the opposite gender must follow in your footsteps in your career and the romantic trait
- your families old enemy returns at your favorite vacation spot. There's a light saber battle and they die
- dress style: big jackets, neck ties, glasses and sneakers ; sharp but casual

Generation Eleven

In loving memory of Matt Smiths extremely young incarnation with the oldest soul.
"Space can be very lonely. And the greatest adventure is having someone share it with you."

You are an incredibly kind, happy and understanding soul. All you want is to do good for others and encourage the same in others. Consistently winning people over with your big smile, big brain and even bigger heart. Over the years you develop a reputation as a natural matchmaker and set up many happy couples. Forgetting about finding someone for yourself as you have an incredible passion for traveling until you meet an incredibly flirty archeologist. Oh yeah, you are also an extremely picky eater.

- childish, good, foodie
- master doctor career
- master the grilled cheese aspiration, archaeology scholar aspiration and Mt. Komorebi sight seer aspiration
- master the vampire lore skill, cooking and at least level 6 in two other skills of your choice (except dancing and painting)
- have a childhood friend that you lose touch with until you become an adult
(once reunited with them you learn of their engagement. Attend the wedding and afterwards travel with the couple regularly over the following years.)
- visit every world (minus Sixam and Batuu) and hidden area at some point with your old friend
(emphasis on art galleries and museums)
- set up at least three sims with their future spouse
before
- marry a sim with an archaeology scholar aspiration (met in Selvadorado)
- complete the snow globe collection
- you absolutely adore kids but only ever have the one child
- your families enemy has a fight with a friend when you intervene they seem to have no memory of your families feud
- dress style: decidedly old fashioned, bow ties and suspenders, high water pants and sometimes a cowboy hat

[BU]Generation Twelve

In loving memory of John Hurts tired, warrior doctor.
"Great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame. Whatever the cost."

You are tired. All that travel with your parents was exhausting. You decide to take your time reflecting on your families past to ensure a good future.

- genius, bookworm, proper
- successful lineage aspiration
- freelance career
- marry the child of your parents best friend
- turn your families enemy against their siblings
- dedicate a room in the home to the achievements of all the doctors
(reflect there regularly)
- have at least 2 kids
- clothing style from the Batuu pack

[BU]Generation Thirteen

In loving memory of Peter Capaldi's brash yet caring and eccentric yet brilliant doctor.
"Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference?"

Your parent learned of your families past to ensure the continued success of your family. You took all that knowledge and decide to pass it on to others because you have an excellent way with words.

- erratic, music lover, snob
- master musical genius and academic aspiration
- master education career
- master guitar, logic and/ or charisma, mischief and/or comedy
- have 2 best friends as a child
--marry one
-- the 2nd friend is from your families enemy, the relationship alternates between friend and enemy at every life stage
- have lots of kids
- be rude to all soldiers
- can only have really good friends/ you're incredibly loyal
- at some point take a week long vacation with just your spouse
- (optional) Father Winter saves your life
- clothing style: dark colors, formalish/ magicianish/ rockstarish

Generation 14
In loving memory of Jodie Whittakers exceptionally kind and compassionate doctor.
"Keep your faith. Travel hopefully. The universe will surprise you."

Your parent taught you to be the best of the family. Which you take to heart, always kind never mean and always helpful.

- cheerful, perfectionist, maker
- master the engineer career
- master handiness and juice fizzing
- leader of the pack aspiration
- work as a lifeguard as a teen
- volunteer once a week
- age up with all character traits positive
- never use mean or mischief interactions
- never live alone, always have roommates
- marry a genius sim (either a scientist or engineer)
- adopt at least two children
- clothing style: childish, always with boots

To be Continued ?

Any thoughts on generations is appreciated.

Post edited by Zoot on

Comments