Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4S Question - Do I need these specific batch fixes?

AalyahReedAalyahReed Posts: 209 Member
Hi there!

I am adding CC to my newly folder-refreshed game & running everything through the S4S batch fixes. However, I have a few questions about which batch fixes I actually need, based on my game & the CC content I'm adding. I'm trying to avoid making any mistakes going forward, as it has taken me this long to refresh/repair my game, find the cc I need, go through & organize it, and start batch fixing it. I've Googled these questions, but haven't found a definitive answer, so I am hoping someone here can help.
Most of the directions I have found for S4S batch fixes make a blanket statement to run every single batch fix, even if you do not have the pack it corresponds to. However, those pages have not been updated for quite some time, and do not address the newer batch fixes that I am confused about.

I am fully patched (Game Version: 1.97.62.1020) & using the most up-to-date Sims 4 Studio for Windows: 3.2.0.6)

I've run the batch fixes up until a certain point.

These are my questions:

1) Batch Fixes for Skintones or Makeup: I only have 1 piece of Halloween face paint cc makeup, and no cc skins. I assume I need to run a batch fix for the face paint makeup, but not the skins that I do not have, Is that correct?

2) Batch Fixes for Werewolves:
I have this pack. I already ran "Disallow CC Shoes for Werewolves" as I remember seeing a lot of people posting images of their Weres in CAS wearing boots or high heels. However, I do not know if I need the other Werewolves batch fixes if I do not have color slider mods or alpha cc.
Do I need "Update Hairs For Color Slider Compatibility" or "Update LRLE Images" or "Update Sliders" if I don't (to my knowledge) have color slider cc hairs, custom sliders, and definitely don't have anything alpha?

3) Batch Fixes for High School Years:
I do not have this pack, nor do I plan on getting it*. But I am assuming I still need to run the "Fashion Tags For Error 532" batch fix, even if I don't have it, because I believe this is tied to the saving error / groundhog day that was affecting most players, even those that had not purchased HSY, is that correct?

EDIT: Apparently patch 1.91.205.1020 is supposed to have fixed the issue that necessitated this batch fix. Can anyone confirm that?

*But I do know I will have to run the HSY Batch fix for all cc beds regardless.

4) Batch Fix for CC Facial Hair Growth:
I assume I do not need to update facial hair for growth if I do not have custom facial hair or HSY, right?

5) Batch Fix for Infants:
I don't have any custom eyes or custom defaults, so I don't need to run this, correct?

I'm sorry for asking so many questions. Since I can't find the answers, I figured I would pause my batch fixing until I hear back from other players, so that I do not do something by accident that causes a problem and causes me to have to start all over again.

Any help would be much appreciated - Thank you! :)
Post edited by AalyahReed on

Comments

• Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Did you get your answers?

If you don't have the CC they mention in the name of the batch fix you do not need to run it.
    Patch 1.91.205.1020 did fix the fashion tags error

This site is really helpful with these types of questions. Just use the search bar on the top right. https://sims4studioofficial.tumblr.com/

A quick tip: If you use 3D lashes or default cc remember to remove them from your Mods folder before running any backup.