Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this a Paranormal Investigator glitch?

This is frustrating. My sim has become a paranormal investigator and whenever I get him a gig, he goes to the gig, cleans the house of the spirits and everything else he is supposed to get, I get the all go that the house is clean and when the gig is supposed to end, it does not end! My sim can spend days at the gig and can't go home. I can't cancel the gig and the only when I can get him back home is to edit him in CAS. The gig shows up and poor and that he has done nothing. I have tried different gigs with the same problem. Any advice? This is why I bought this pack and now I can't be a paranormal investigator. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Are you on PC or console? If you’re on pc do you have mods installed? If you have mods installed try removing your mods folder after exiting the game, then delete the localthumbcache file in documents>ElectronicArts>Sims4 then restart your game and see if the problem still exists if not then you know it’s a mod and you will need to use the 50/50 method to figure out the culprit.

You can also try repairing your game by right clicking the cover art in your Origin library and select repair.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Looks like a bug that happened with the last patch.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-PSP-Paranormal-Investigator-Can-t-complete-gig-because/m-p/10378962/highlight/true#M183561.
    I just went in to press "me too" also.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    nkthgrtnkthgrt Posts: 638 Member
    Hi there. I don't have any mods and I am on a PC laptop. I will try right clicking on the cover art in the Origin library.
    Hermitgirl: thanks for the link to the bug report page, what a joke. First no bug, then one. If the above option does not work I guess I will wait for a new patch as there is not much else you can do.
    Cheers.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited June 2021
    Oh great, one of my sims is a paranormal investigator. I haven't played her family since the patch though. This is rather annoying. :(
  • Options
    I just did the repair option on the game and now NO gigs show up in the paranormal career at all. The career opp just does not seem to work until a future patch. Craptacular.
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited June 2021
    Oh great, one of my sims is a paranormal investigator. I haven't played her family since the patch though. This is rather annoying. :(

Likewise. My Paranormal Investigator sim has been on the side for a bit while book royalties from her and her sister pay the lot fees. I keep hoping to get back to that one, looks like I'll have to wait a bit. She was new to the career too, only did one gig so far - so it's gameplay I'd yet to explore.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    Me too. I am going to find a new career for my sims. It sucks, but what else can you do? Just keep on simming!
  • Options
    Nothing about a fix for this on this month's laundry list. :'( I'm assuming it's still happening?
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    There hasn't been another patch yet, so of course it's still happening. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next patch, even though it's not on the laundry list, but I wouldn't count on it.
  • Options
    I just played her family, and she wasn't even able to go to the gig! :'(
  • Options
    TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    I too am experiencing this problem. I didn't notice this issue until today because I hadn't had a Sim join the paranormal career in a long while (the first time I played it, I didn't have any problems). I use no CC/mods. Just like the OP, my Sims got a gig, complete the task but then the event wouldn't end and she was stuck, unable to leave (even if I clicked the "finish early" button). :/
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • Options
    They need to fix this so badly. It's the main feature of the pack, so kind of makes the whole pack pointless. Suuch a shame becuase it's such a great value for money pack when it works. I have a family I can't play now because one of my sims is in this career. I guess she'll have to switch careers if it takes much longer for a fix. I wanted her to be a paranormal investigator because she's a spellcaster. I don't want her to just have an ordinary career. Fix this EA!
  • Options
    Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    I have noticed this too unfortunately. But I also discovered that if i use the 'work Extra (or over) time' option, I don't know what it's called, I play in Dutch, it does end for me. At least now I can work around it, but it shouldn't be happening.
  • Options
    SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 145 Member
    This happens to me too.. im so bummed about it :(
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg