Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Grinch is stealing Christmas (issues with my holidays).

Possibly relevant: I use MCCC (it is up to date). I create the holidays myself.

For the second Sim year in a row, my Christmas has been inexplicably cancelled.
The previous day it will be showing in the calendar. When 6am the morning of arrives, it is gone. I can’t even recreate it because you can’t create a holiday for the current day.

This is making me rather sad. Any advice on where to find this Grinch so I can convince him to change his ways?
Christmas is perhaps the only holiday being affected (I think)..

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I have just had christmas and it went well. I also use mccc but my christmas is the original ea. I haven't changed it...
  • Options
    beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    The day before the holiday is there, and then the day comes and it's gone with no indication of it being there.

I don't use mods, but what comes to mind is perhaps a mod that effecting a profession that's cancelling out the holiday?
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,904 Member
    edited April 2020
    Interesting thought @beadierturtle. One Sim is a doctor and the other in Business. Of those two I expect the doctor would be more likely. I would discount the idea on three grounds though. First is that I have no career specific mods. Second is that it was a Sunday and I don’t think either had a shift. Third is that other holidays have not been affected.
  • Options
    NRowe wrote: »
    Interesting thought @beadierturtle. One Sim is a doctor and the other in Business. Of those two I expect the doctor would be more likely. I would discount the idea on three grounds though. First is that I have no career specific mods. Second is that it was a Sunday and I don’t think either had a shift. Third is that other holidays have not been affected.

Are you sure your sims aren't Jewish?
  • Options
    That gave me a laugh, in a good way @beadierturtle. If it wasn’t for the fact that she would go to a Holiday Ceremony for Easter, I would say they might be. The husband might be a different matter though. Maybe she is deferring to him? :D
  • Options
    Create your own holiday that exactly mimics Winterfest that happens the next day.
  • Options
    NRowe wrote: »
    That gave me a laugh, in a good way @beadierturtle. If it wasn’t for the fact that she would go to a Holiday Ceremony for Easter, I would say they might be. The husband might be a different matter though. Maybe she is deferring to him? :D

I would totally play them Jewish, but that's just me.

Try my idea of creating the same Holiday the next day and please tell us what happens. I love mysteries.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I might have to rejig the calendar...
    The only things stopping me are New Years set up the next day, with Valentines shortly after and everything is (supposed to be) set so that it occurs in approximately the right ‘month’. Two, maybe three days to a month, see?

Also, they are having a baby, so if they get too busy with delayed holidays, they’re going to end up leaving Father Winter or missing the Countdown to Midnight to rush to the hospital. (Guess that could happen in real life, shrug)..

I’d really rather find whatever bug or something this is so that I can fix it. Then maybe they can have Christmas (tree, decorations, presents) without it being official in game this year...

She already missed her official birthday because of complications with MCCC (pregnancy aging on) and not being able to blow out a cake while pregnant. That was a shocker too.
  • Options
    I highly suspect you will need to create your own holiday to get that experience. I don't know anything about mods, so I can only suspect.

Create a holiday that mimics Winterfest. If you have a baby on that day...DOUBLE PRESENTS! I have no idea how that could possibly be a bad thing. Enjoy the new baby smell. Oh, and please don't give the kid one gift and be all, "this is birthday and Christmas". because I went though that, and I've talked to many that also went through that, and we all agree you're a cheap butt.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    This is what happened in the end.
    It turns out MCCC will not let you Set Age on a pregnant Sim either.

I (had) let a YA friend who was visiting for ‘cake and drinks’ blow out the candles on the cake. Melody opened a present (and got a model plane -random).

Next day. Melody and Lucas celebrated a quiet Christmas (without the in-game holiday). They decorated a tree, built a snow pal, opened presents. And went to bed.

Then it was New Years. Sometime mid-morning Melody spun around and aged up. She was too happy from everything else to really be sad about her ‘birthday’. They made resolutions. Him to lose weight and her to achieve an aspiration milestone. She went into labour late afternoon/early evening and they got back from the hospital in time to watch the countdown to midnight.
    They have a baby girl named Beverly.

I’m thinking that when it pops up in the calendar again (still currently winter) I will delete and reset Christmas and see what happens. Beverly had better not miss out!!