Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

do you think this will improve education?

so at the moment a kid can do homeork projects and extra credit do you think that our sims will have to be a B/A* student to get in to the better older redbrich Russel group(Ivy Leage)style uni or will grades have no baring on where you go?

Comments

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I would hope grades would have an impact. A teen failing school should not be able to apply or get rejected. I wouldn’t want it to make an already easy system even easier.
  • Options
    SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    Yeah, lets hope they add some small things at least to education. Maybe an exam or test and definitely a university entrance test.
    I wonder if one of the two Universities are easy to get into like you said.
    I also wonder if all the majors will be available at both universities or if computer science and modern stuff will only be at Foxbury and art history and more classical major only at Britechester and then some majors available at both?
    I am also hoping there are more than just the five majors they mentioned and that was the shortened list.

It would be amazing if they added like 3 or 4 subjects to the teens education, say math language, history and art and then how well you did in each affected which course you could do at the university instead of just relying on skills and traits. And then the teens and kids would write an exam at the end of the week and have 4 study books for the subjects to study for the exam in the week. Then you get like an A B C aggregate based on your grade average for the 4 subjects combined with homework and attendance. Maybe a gym grade based on your fitness as well.

I really dont think this would be too hard. The exam will be rabbit hole and part of school, all they need is 4 new study books and a system that calculates the grades after the exam. They have to build a system for the University entrance exam anyway.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Yeah, lets hope they add some small things at least to education. Maybe an exam or test and definitely a university entrance test.
    I wonder if one of the two Universities are easy to get into like you said.
    I also wonder if all the majors will be available at both universities or if computer science and modern stuff will only be at Foxbury and art history and more classical major only at Britechester and then some majors available at both?
    I am also hoping there are more than just the five majors they mentioned and that was the shortened list.

It would be amazing if they added like 3 or 4 subjects to the teens education, say math language, history and art and then how well you did in each affected which course you could do at the university instead of just relying on skills and traits. And then the teens and kids would write an exam at the end of the week and have 4 study books for the subjects to study for the exam in the week. Then you get like an A B C aggregate based on your grade average for the 4 subjects combined with homework and attendance. Maybe a gym grade based on your fitness as well.

I really dont think this would be too hard. The exam will be rabbit hole and part of school, all they need is 4 new study books and a system that calculates the grades after the exam. They have to build a system for the University entrance exam anyway.

😬 I doubt they fleshed out the pack that much. I’m just hoping for graduation and scholarships and even that sounds doubtful to be added....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I also hope for university rejection and varied outcomes. It would add to the replayability as well as the tension between the universities.

I like the careers that are being added but I agree that I want a lot of majors if possible.

I'd also like to see a university or section of the university for artistic/writing/music/creative types. I have some of those. It would add complexity between those who go "the fame route" and those who study for later careers.

I do think the title is cheesy. That definitely seems like it is only for teens. It also does appear to be more US-focused with the mascots and intense rivalries. Rivalries do exist in other places but more subtly usually.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    edited October 2019
    It also does appear to be more US-focused with the intense rivalries. Rivalries do exist in other places but more subtly usually.

you have obvously never seen the Solent student's on a night out after we have won a football(soccer) game or somthing aganst Southamton uni

SOLENT TILL I DIE SOLENT TILL I DIE I THINK I AM I KNOW I AM SOLENT TILL I DIE
    I'D RATHER BE A SOLENT THEN A C****
    I'D RATHER BE A THICO THEN A C****

these 3 chants happend a lot on the CRAZY nights out back in my uni days.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I hope so because the school for kids and teens are kind of lacking hopefully will have teens have a study session like in college teens applying for college getting accepted or rejected also I hope all Sims can go to uni. Not just YA.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I'm still hoping that the pre-patch adds some school options, like homeschooling and private school.

And now that University is really coming, I'm hoping that your choice there impacts your chances of getting admitted to University, in addition to grades. (Homeschoolers might get into one easier and private schools the other. Or homeschooling is harder to get into both - price you pay for being able to control your kid's education - while private school makes it easier to get in to either, as a reward for spending the simoleans and having your kid come home tense more often.)
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I hope so because there's not even a school building !!
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    doogerie wrote: »
    so at the moment a kid can do homeork projects and extra credit do you think that our sims will have to be a B/A* student to get in to the better older redbrich Russel group(Ivy Leage)style uni or will grades have no baring on where you go?

Interesting that the Red Brick universities are now seen as the posh ones, when initially they were sneered at as Not Oxbridge. But my understanding of British education is, admittedly, largely grounded in fiction from the first half of the 20th century.

I imagine grade will matter, but if they are following American admissions models, aptitude tests will carry nearly equal weight. And just as is isn't really easier to get admitted to MIT or Cal Tech than to Harvard or Princeton, I don't expect Foxbury will be The Sims Vocational Community College, just an equally elite school with a different focus.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I doubt it this game is pretty shallow nothing really has to be worked for.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    Being that classrooms/lectures are most likely rabbit holes, I would have to say no. If you notice, not one single classroom in the trailer, or footage of an active career.