Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas for the return of cops and robbers: what they could bring

As this is the sims 4, the big return would have some twists to mix up content and keep you on your toes while dealing with both sides of the law.

Cops wouldn’t be always on your side and sometimes a burglary could do more than just mean you have to buy another sofa.

Police NPC’s could have a negative and positive presence of authority toward your household and it’s members depending on your relationship with neighbors, careers, personality traits and so on.

On what authoritative would bring to the game, well, A new career option would be possible at the already included cop station, you could either work a beat and disappear off lot like a regular career or work the interactive career with some extra content which included visiting criminals homes and arresting them, yes they would try to evade you and depending on skills and traits. They could either get away or fall flat and be destined for a cell.

Of course, some of those abilities would be limited and of course you’d need evidence to search said sims home and arrest them, and yes they would be able to bribe your sim to be let off, or request a bribe for info on the real perp.

If your sim is a cop and their spouse is a robber...be ready for arguments, you can be a crooked police officer and help their career or be all about helping those in need and hinder their work, be aware, you’ll be heading for a divorce if it’s done too much and your family will be heavily affected.

If you’re on a regular beat, expect chance cards, expect drama and expect to be hit big time by risk taking burglars who wanna send a message, you won’t be broken into often but when you are...they’ll take everything, even the dog, unless the dog is protective then it’ll bite their arm off but if it’s a sappy lil thing...say goodbye to Rover.

New items and if you’re high up, a free cop car, you’ll get to keep it if you reach rank 10 or be gifted it if you work to retirement regardless of your level.

New death options, comedic deaths but you would be able to die if not careful, a plumbon explosion at a factory while chasing a thief or dealing with a mad scientist and his ray gun.

For burglars, would be both active and regular, you can do the same old criminal career with a lil upgrade to make one of the levels burglary and you come home with familiar furniture, say is that Dans goldfish bowl? Never mind.

If you choose interactive, you’ll be given tasks to prove yourself and your ability, raid a house, escape the cops, bride witnesses, try to pass stolen loot as handmedowns from family while your co workers wait it out at the warehouse, be ready for one plum of a time, and yes skills and traits will play key factors in your roles and performance.

Same as above, if you’re a thief and the hubby or wifu is a cop, be ready for big problems, and let it be known that even quitting your job won’t be easy, if you wanna salvage your marriage, you’ll be on the bosses mark list, more prone to break ins and creepers in the middle of the night, you can call them off by having them arrested or offering a gesture of good will but these have a 50/50 chance of working, failures will increase chance of raids and random sims appearing at your door, someone may even snitch on you, be careful.

The twist here would be you go on the snitch route of the criminal career, sort of like a mid way between cop and robber, you pretend to be a thief or are a rehabilitated bad guy wanting to turn their life around by ratting on their co workers, this is only dangerous if they find out who talked.

Content would be the deeply missed alarm, some grungy, broken down furniture and build items, new clothes and interactions and you have automatic new relationships with neighbors or just those in the same career, you’ll have an immediate idea of whose on your team.

If you complete this career, You’ll get the sneaky trait and perks, gold bars, stolen paintings, a list of crooked cops to use to your liking and even an expensive car if cars are introduced by the time burglars are.

Upon retirement you’re given a free pass, you and your family will never be hit by thieves, they’ll even come help if you lose something to a fire or are at risk of having the repo guy appear. You’ll be set, close friends will even pay house builds for a certain time if you can’t afford or just don’t want to. And who says the criminal underworld is all bad?!

Comments

• Options
    DanniG121DanniG121 Posts: 108 Member
    I like this idea, I think it would make the game interesting.
  • Options
    Aali021Aali021 Posts: 1 New Member
    I agree something needs to evolve with the law... Whatever happened to calling the cops on your unruly neighbors for a noise complaint? I have to sit through 2 hours of noise after banging on the door; telling them to pipe down. The only way my sims get any sleep is on a park bench in the city or a moodlet drink. I also miss the firefighters. No one helps my poor sims put out the fires if they don't have a sprinkler system. Who can afford such novelties on $15/hr?
  • Options
    TurloughdudeTurloughdude Posts: 662 Member
    And better yet, cowplants can be great security guards.