Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Transport hubs

I think transport hubs would be fun like an airpot or a few subway stations maby even a port I alwas imagend Windenburg & Brindleton Bay, as islands El Salvidor is obvously in a diffrent country. here is how i see it working.

You have a new section on the phone called transport and unde transport you have
Airport
Port

subways are diffrent but we will get to that

when you cooe one of thes option you get ataken to a new offscreen lot like in get to work

a Port or Airport below is a rundown of intractions that you can do in each of these hubs

Airports

Take off:
1.Buy a ticket
2.check in your bags and go through paassport control.
3.hang around in the departure loung go get a bite to eat browes the shops air side.
4.Go to your gate and bord the aircraft.

Landing
1.you go from the aircraft back througth pasport control
2.pick up your bags from the carousel
3.go to the airport bus
4.enjoy your holday

Port
1 go through pasport controle
2.get on the ship
3.get off the ship

now as romisd subways. these will be added in to

Oasis Springs
Willow Creek
Windenburg
San Myshuno
Forgotten Hollow
Brindleton Bay

on the town you can find suway entaces that look like the ones from TS3.

Here you can
1.get food
3.buy a tran tiket
4.hangaround on the platform
5.bord a train

ofcouse time on the aircraft ship or train would be loding sctreens bt could be a fun gp don't you think?

Comments

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,612 Member
    I like this idea it would cool to fly and be on railroad to go to other places.
  • Options
    DanniG121DanniG121 Posts: 108 Member
    I really like you ideas, it would be more realistic.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    I like your idea. I was just thinking about that the other day! It would be nice to have planes, trains, buses and subways! And cars of course.
    The sims could even get moodlets like "pleasant trip", "smelly place" (in the subway, I live in Paris, so trust me on that), or anything else.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I like it the way it is now. We leave from where we are and teleport to where we want to be, no fuss, no muss. Why drag things out by hopping around to transport hubs that, in the end, serve no purpose. This would only serve to remind me that we don't have any form of transportation in the game. Plus, where would these hubs be located? I'm not taking up valuable lot space with a transport hub that doesn't transport me.

And why carry baggage with you? It's not like you need baggage to go to another world. And going on vacation to GF or SD and going to all that time and effort with or without baggage just to get to the same place I could have gone much faster and with less effort, no thanks.

For me, the game is about where my sim is and what they can do there, not how my sim got there.
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I like it the way it is now. We leave from where we are and teleport to where we want to be, no fuss, no muss. Why drag things out by hopping around to transport hubs that, in the end, serve no purpose. This would only serve to remind me that we don't have any form of transportation in the game. Plus, where would these hubs be located? I'm not taking up valuable lot space with a transport hub that doesn't transport me.

And why carry baggage with you? It's not like you need baggage to go to another world. And going on vacation to GF or SD and going to all that time and effort with or without baggage just to get to the same place I could have gone much faster and with less effort, no thanks.

For me, the game is about where my sim is and what they can do there, not how my sim got there.

I view this as a game pack so if someone doesn’t want it they don’t have to have it.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    You get this made and I'll buy it. Good luck.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,351 Member
    I like the idea, it would certainly make long distance travel more fleshed out.

To stay interesting long-term there need to be a random factor included. Example: Klepto sims grabbing your bags before you can claim them back or another family mistaking your baggage for theirs. Maybe even the weapons scanner malfunctioning and your sim getting taken aside by the police.
    If the waiting lounge sold postcards that aren't available elsewhere (or the more rare ones of the hamster and bg collection) that would be an added incentive to use the extended travel system.