Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Improvements that should happen

Kenneth4484Kenneth4484 Posts: 39 Member
This is a list of improvements and tweaks for some functions of the game that could improve it greatly.
And here it is:
  • More skintones for aliens
    -grey (for those stereotype aliens)
    -red (we have blue and green, so why not red?)
    -black
  • More stairs
    -the possibility to put stairs diagonally
    -L shaped stairs
    -curved stairs
    -functional elevators (that are able to hold multiple sims at once)
    -escalators
  • An actual option to make multiple split levels on one floor (max. 3)
  • More alien styled furniture
  • The possibility to build 2 more full floors above the fourth floor, and above that the roof.
  • Different, more fleshed out -PERMANENT- plantsim and skeleton lifestates.
  • Multitasking tweaks (Get this system to function properly, since it still doesn't).
  • Remodeled cars, those gigantic toy cars that drive around the neighborhood are a total shame (i don't care if we don't get functional cars, but atleast remodel those FX cars).
  • Vampire-alien hybrids (features 3 forms).
    -Normal (alien) form
    -Dark form (the normal form but more vampiric)
    -Disguise
  • Curved walls
  • Townies will eat the cowplants cake more often, even when they have the drained moodlet (since on the moment they don't).
  • Make sims eat faster (90 simminutes is ridiculous for one meal, talking excluded)
  • Terrain editing (why don't we have this yet?)
  • Laptops
  • Asymmetry for CAS
  • Bunkbeds
  • A button for fifth speed
  • Gallery improvements
    -A 3D viewer
    -The option to make our own pictures instead of the ones the game generates
  • A password system for computers, so that only your sim can use it, or the sims you have it unlocked for, or sims with a very high programming skill (it basicly works like when you lock a door).
  • More pizzas
  • More floors
Post edited by Kenneth4484 on

Comments

• Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    This is a list of improvements and tweaks for some functions of the game that could improve it greatly.
    And here it is:
    • More skintones for aliens
      -black
    • More stairs
      -L shaped stairs
      -escalators
      [*] An actual option to make multiple split levels on one floor (max. 3)
      • More alien styled furniture
        [*] The possibility to build 2 more full floors above the fourth floor, and above that the roof.
        • Different, more fleshed out -PERMANENT- plantsim and skeleton lifestates.
        • Multitasking tweaks (Get this system to function properly, since it still doesn't).
          [*] Remodeled cars, those gigantic toy cars that drive around the neighborhood are a total shame (i don't care if we don't get functional cars, but atleast remodel those FX cars).
          • Vampire-alien hybrids (features 3 forms).
            -Normal (alien) form
            -Disguise

I agree with you on most of those. (Crossed out the ones I don't have an interest in or don't see realistically happening.)

In addition to the first one about alien skin tones, I'd also like more than one alien outfit, lol.
          Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
        • Options
          I agree with you on most of those. (Crossed out the ones I don't have an interest in or don't see realistically happening.)

In addition to the first one about alien skin tones, I'd also like more than one alien outfit, lol.

Sorry for the late response. I really hope they make some alien themed pack, however on the moment i rather have hybrids, i find it weird that they still didn't add them properly to the game.

• Options
          I kinda wonder if we'll even get an alien update now, with all the crazy nonsense going on with the updates to C&D on the new pack. :| And that's a shame, because GTW (aliens especially) could use some more updates, as well as GT with club icons and deco. (Probably additions to other packs too.)

But yeah, I was thinking last night it would be cool to have some alien hybrids... maybe an alien that becomes a vampire? :D
        • Options
          FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
          I kinda wonder if we'll even get an alien update now, with all the crazy nonsense going on with the updates to C&D on the new pack. :| And that's a shame, because GTW (aliens especially) could use some more updates, as well as GT with club icons and deco. (Probably additions to other packs too.)

But yeah, I was thinking last night it would be cool to have some alien hybrids... maybe an alien that becomes a vampire? :D

Well, if the Sims team completely misunderstands what the complaint is, you may be right. Then again, I haven't seen any indication that they're planning on expanding aliens either, so if it doesn't happen, it just may be because it's not in the plans for the game.

I do think you can use MC Command Center to make hybrid alien/vampires. It's not nearly as good as something being in the game, but it's something.
        • Options
          edited March 2018
          I imagene hybrids would have 3 forms, the normal alien, the dark form (the alien form with vampire attributes) and the disguise. Further i woudn't mind a reason to why we don't have them properly implemented by now.

Anyway, it would be time for them to start focusing on some tweaks instead of rolling out new content every month (that comes with it's own bugs and problems). Another example of this is that they still didn't fix the uberslow eating process, which was present from day one.
        • Options
          JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

Crazy nonsense..? Oh, you mean other opinions, get it.
          5JZ57S6.png
        • Options
          JoAnne65 wrote: »

Crazy nonsense..? Oh, you mean other opinions, get it.

Not the opinions, the... hype? (probably not the right word, but whatever)... around them. It's enough to make any possible additions (even something as simple as more than one alien outfit, lol) be reconsidered, imo. 'Will we have a big blow up again? ... Probably. Alright, scratch that off the list."
        • Options
          CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
          edited March 2018
          don't we have red skin already? or is that only available with city living or something?
          oh, it's not available for aliens! That's so strange!
          HdLHa3j.png
          (◡‿◡✿)
        • Options
          Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
          edited March 2018
          And here it is:

[*] More skintones for aliens
            -black

[*] More stairs
              -L shaped stairs
              -curved stairs
              -escalators

[*] An actual option to make multiple split levels on one floor (max. 3)

[*] More alien styled furniture

[*] The possibility to build 2 more full floors above the fourth floor, and above that the roof.

[*] Different, more fleshed out -PERMANENT- plantsim and skeleton lifestates.

[*] Multitasking tweaks (Get this system to function properly, since it still doesn't).

[*] Remodeled cars, those gigantic toy cars that drive around the neighborhood are a total shame (i don't care if we don't get functional cars, but atleast remodel those FX cars).

[*] Vampire-alien hybrids (features 3 forms).
                            -Normal (alien) form
                            -Disguise

[*] Curved walls
                              [*] Townies will eat the cowplants cake more often, even when they have the drained moodlet (since on the moment they don't).
                              [*] Make sims eat faster (90 simminutes is ridiculous for one meal, talking excluded)

Yeah, I crossed out all the improvements that won't happen.

Post edited by Evil_One on
                              raw
                            • Options
                              dasneakerkid1738dasneakerkid1738 Posts: 1 New Member
                              Am I the only that want Sims to have an Online mode to play with other players?
                            • Options
                              cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member

They tried it, they failed it, they reworked it, then failed us all
                            • Options
                              Evil_One wrote: »

It does look like they aren't motivated enough to improve the game, but thats the reason why i started this thread in the first place, to let them know they should improve it.
                              Probably, personally i don't care less or more if it exists or not.
                            • Options
                              edited March 2018

It does look like they aren't motivated enough to improve the game, but thats the reason why i started this thread in the first place, to let them know they should improve it.

Sorry, I didn't mean to rain on your thread, but it's not that EAxìs aren't motivated enough, there's plenty of profit available in actually improving the series, it's just that they can't do it... They're simply incapable, admittedly, much of what you posted should be possible, but the build stuff would require a major rewrite of large sections of the games extraordinarily rigid engine.

It's for this reason that I 'strongly' suspect, we'll see 'seasons' being relegated to specific worlds that have a season each (or a world that has different seasons across it), as opposed to the changing seasons were used to.
                              Probably, personally i don't care less or more if it exists or not.

You should care... Trust me.

The reason TS4 is what it is, is because they tried to make it an online game... And failed, badly.

raw
                            • Options
                              No problem. The weird thing is that there were things like toddlers for example that they said wouldn't be possible (i think that it was toddlers, was it?) however we got them anyway. But what do i know, i'm not a game developer.

I know the game engine was repurposed from a game called Olympus that never got released, but was that game suposed to be an online game?
                            • Options
                              No problem. The weird thing is that there were things like toddlers for example that they said wouldn't be possible (i think that it was toddlers, was it?) however we got them anyway. But what do i know, i'm not a game developer.

Yeah, it's kinda hard to know what's true or not with regards to what they say.
                              I know the game engine was repurposed from a game called Olympus that never got released, but was that game suposed to be an online game?

Yup, Olympus originally had an online mode... It turned out however that online was far more difficult to do then they thought it would be, so they had to repurpose the engine and much of the graphics to TS4, but because they spent so much time and resources doing an online game, we got left with a badly stripped down game.

That's why TS4 seems to be missing so much in terms of Sims personalities, neighbourhood, terrain tools, ETC.
                              raw
                            • Options
                              agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
                              I agree eating a single meal takes way too long. It's ridiculous.

They should tone down the idle animations, or disable them at least for the time a sim is eating. They make everything last forever.
                            • Options
                              sillafoxsillafox Posts: 63 Member
                              I agree with most of these, they would be minor but good improvements to the game
                              sW8E5XUIFFv4lyszgJwTWI5jpMGzpGIKfPLmtfVtGYM?preserve_transparency=1&size=1280x960&size_mode=3
                            • Options

Yup, Olympus originally had an online mode... It turned out however that online was far more difficult to do then they thought it would be, so they had to repurpose the engine and much of the graphics to TS4, but because they spent so much time and resources doing an online game, we got left with a badly stripped down game.

That's why TS4 seems to be missing so much in terms of Sims personalities, neighbourhood, terrain tools, ETC.
                              Thanks, for clearing that up. That also explains why traits don't have a great impact on sims.
                              agustd wrote: »
                              I agree eating a single meal takes way too long. It's ridiculous.

They should tone down the idle animations, or disable them at least for the time a sim is eating. They make everything last forever.
                              Imagine what a three course meal would be like. :confused: It would take 3 ingame hours and that is just eating, no talking with other sims.
                            • Options
                              edited March 2018
                              The only online component I hope they keep going forward is the gallery (which definitely needs some improvement). I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate not having to go to websites and stuff just to share builds/Sims with folks. I love that there's an integrated system right in-game. If I build something, I can pop it up on there and message a friend saying 'check this out!' and they can see it immediately and even use it if they want, right away as they're playing.

Don't need anything beyond that though like co-op play or something. If they wanna bring more in-depth previews of builds, that would be fine. Maybe they could have a sort of 3D/VR type viewing preview window on the gallery for others to 'walk through' a build up close. Or include a way to make 'walkthrough videos' in game using a recorder, that could be cool too.

(I'd say they could include a way to link to YouTube videos, but we all know that would be abused and then nerfed out immediately, lol.)
                            • Options
                              Katnip925Katnip925 Posts: 2 New Member
                              I really miss that fifth speed option. Pause, normal, medium, fast...and then there was the speed where you could go maximum through the selected sim's current activity until they were finished. I utilized that a LOT in sims 3.
                            • Options
                              Makayla_MakaPakaMakayla_MakaPaka Posts: 771 Member
                              Here's a survey for everyone's thoughts on the new stuff pack, please fill it in if you can, whether your opinions are positive or negative :)
                              https://goo.gl/forms/46rSEGF8YeZe1baM2
                            • Options
                              The only online component I hope they keep going forward is the gallery (which definitely needs some improvement). I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate not having to go to websites and stuff just to share builds/Sims with folks. I love that there's an integrated system right in-game. If I build something, I can pop it up on there and message a friend saying 'check this out!' and they can see it immediately and even use it if they want, right away as they're playing.

Don't need anything beyond that though like co-op play or something. If they wanna bring more in-depth previews of builds, that would be fine. Maybe they could have a sort of 3D/VR type viewing preview window on the gallery for others to 'walk through' a build up close. Or include a way to make 'walkthrough videos' in game using a recorder, that could be cool too.

(I'd say they could include a way to link to YouTube videos, but we all know that would be abused and then nerfed out immediately, lol.)
                              A 3D type viewing option, or just the ability to make pictures ourselves instead, would be a lot better then the game making them. For some reason the game keeps making pictures of the side of my houses. I'll add it to the list.
                              Katnip925 wrote: »
                              I really miss that fifth speed option. Pause, normal, medium, fast...and then there was the speed where you could go maximum through the selected sim's current activity until they were finished. I utilized that a LOT in sims 3.
                              Thanks, i should add that to the list. It is already in the game, so they only have to make a button for it.
                            • Options
                              edited March 2018
                              Double post
                            • Options
                              Who else finds it annoying that visiting sims use your sims computer?
                              Anyway i added a suggestion for a lock system for computers, so only the sims you desire can use it. :smile:
                            • Options
                              MissCharlieMissCharlie Posts: 405 Member
                              I so want better aliens but not just more skin tones I'd like them to be able to have weirder foreheads, noses ears etc and different body things like dots or stripes that their babies can inherit. I'm thinking like things from star trek that would be incredible.