Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Still possible to get Gold on events?

PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
There's a known bug (see here) where certain goals for parties/events cannot be fulfilled. It's any of the "Do X with Y Sims" type of goals (e.g. "Have 3 sims dance to stereo at the same time") - they don't work right now.

Anyway, my question is - has anyone managed to still get gold for Prestige events? I am playing a random legacy and one of the random generational goals I rolled was to obtain a gold medal for each type of party/event. I will reroll the generational goal if it's impossible to do this right now.

Edited to add: so I threw a birthday party... achieved every goal except "Have sims Dance at the Same Time"... stuck at silver. So the answer is at this time, sadly, no, not for all parties.

Edited again: YAY! It's fixed!!!
Post edited by Pegasys on

Comments

• Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i just got a gold on birthday party tonight. the party place lot trait can help a *lot* with this. didn't get the dancing option this time around, got 'make 3 drinks' instead. and, since it was a kid's party on a lot specifically for kids, i just had sims get glasses of water from sinks. that counts for the goal, while the drinks from the two different types of trays do not
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    I think it is possible, but hard. Once in awhile you will get an Event, that doesn't roll those Goals. I did get Gold recently for a Date, and then a Wedding, but I don't believe I got the Goals mentioned. Actually, I think Dates and Weddings are more prone not to roll those goals. When you think about it, a date wouldn't have them, as it's only between two Sims. I don't recall if a Wedding has rolled them for me. But Birthdays, Dinner Parties and House Parties, I think, are all very prone to rolling them.
  • Options
    AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    I vaguely remember a workaround for this, but it relies completely on luck. Iirc, I was able to fulfill one of the “do thing together at the same time” tasks by having the sims already doing the task before the party even begun. That probably sounds confusing so to clarify:

I was playing a household of 4. I had 3 of them playing chess, while one sim started the social event. I got the “Have 3 sims playing games at the same time” task completed right away because of that. So unless I’m remembering wrong, that’s something you can try. If you don’t have 3 or 4 sims in that household, you can try inviting the guests normally, do something together with them, plan the social event while making sure to invite the ones already in the place you’re partying at, and hope that you guessed right. If not, save and reload if it really bothers you, then do something with them again and hope you get it right this time. I didn’t test this extensively as I didn’t want to waste time reloading and would rather just wait for a fix.

I rarely host a party that isn’t a house, dinner, or dance party so I can’t speak for the other parties, but house and dinner parties always seem to give you a task that requires 3 sims doing something at the same time right from the beginning. I’ve hosted a few house and dinner parties since the issue, but I’ve been unable to get gold unless I complete at least one of those tasks that appear in the beginning. So unless the workaround succeeds for you, it may be impossible to get gold. I don’t know how the Party Place lot trait works specifically, but it helped a previous poster so you can try hosting a party in a lot with that trait. I’ve already stopped hosting parties until the issue is fixed, or I just don’t make it a prestige event (I’m a perfectionist. I need gold dangit).
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    Weddings and dates aren't affected from my experience, but house parties definitely are... which is pretty sucky, because my Sim has the Party Animal aspiration and is supposed to earn Gold on 3 or 5 or so PARTIES. :expressionless: Really hope the Gurus will fix this soon as it breaks a for me pretty important aspect of gameplay...
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Dates and Weddings function normally on my end its just other social events that are broken. Still. After weeks of reports. Still no fix.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    kmarks0707kmarks0707 Posts: 37 Member
    Weddings worked fine for me....but just threw a birthday party for twins and I got stuck at the same place as OP...having 3 sims dancing at the same time...My type A self wasn't happy landing a silver when I hit every other goal just to get stuck there :s
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    I don't know, but this is one those needs to be fixed ASAP bugs. My chef sim was barely able to get the silver she needed for a dinner party. It seems like all group interactions are bugged out right now, not just for social events.
  • Options
    MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    I managed to get a gold with one wedding. Planned another one and couldn’t get another gold. It was like those sims went out of their way to keep me from making it a gold star event.
  • Options
    cristy9666cristy9666 Posts: 35 Member
    Looks like they just fixed the "do together" party goals in the new patch yesterday. I haven't tried it yet but I'd say crinrict is a reliable source.
  • Options
    TiipiiTiipii Posts: 103 Member
    Yes, I can confirm that the party goals are fixed in the latest patch. I had a gold medal dinner party yesterday where the "have 3 sims dance at the same time" did register.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,185 Member
    Awesomesause :smiley:
  • Options
    MyStIc_MuRk3RMyStIc_MuRk3R Posts: 13 New Member
    Ah, so that's why I only got a bronze on my dinner party... I just thought my game itself was lagging :,)