Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could we please have the option to......

Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
Announce engagement to parents and friends? I think it'd be SO cute!! When the option is selected, I think that they ought to be able to hold hands, act all excited, show the ring, and get a hug from Mom and Dad.

I think that it'd be cute if the guy/gal would get nervous when the announcement happened too.

Also, the option to "gather around bday sim" too. Often times I get everyone in the house around the bday sim but before they are able to blow the candles out, everyone leaves. Maybe an option to "announce birthday" should appear after cake has been made and candles put on the cake.

Comments

• Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    These are the kinds of details that I would love to see in a Sims game. So many years have passed, I would like to see more detailed and intricate animations for individuals, couples, and grouped Sims. It's time.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    My sim just got engaged today. Her mother was in the same room and didn't even notice. I knew she wouldn't, but its such a shame.

I'd like to see the option to announce engagements, and for sims in the same room with the couple getting engaged, to notice, when it happens, and react to it.
  • Options
    GoddessqueenbGoddessqueenb Posts: 89 Member
    Or how about introduce friends to other friends ?
  • Options
    AngelSimmzAngelSimmz Posts: 41 Member
    I love this! <3 <3 <3
  • Options
    hughughughug Posts: 82 Member
    I'd love the option to make and watch home videos on the TV. Like there could be a video option on the sims phone and you could watch it back on the TV and show it to future generations.
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Oh it would also be cool to have the option to ask their parents for hand in marriage. Always thought that was cute in ts3. :)
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    If this is the case can reactions to engagement news pend relationships?

Like what if the Dad dislikes with their child's Fiancée they shouldn't be happy about the news.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    @MasonGamer.....I think that if the relationship between son/daughter-in-law is weak you'd have a chance to win approval over a dinner party. It wouldn't be about a medal, it would rely on how many times you talked with/did stuff with them that would maybe change their minds
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Bear31 wrote: »
    @MasonGamer.....I think that if the relationship between son/daughter-in-law is weak you'd have a chance to win approval over a dinner party. It wouldn't be about a medal, it would rely on how many times you talked with/did stuff with them that would maybe change their minds

I like your idea @Bear31 and @MasonGamer
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Oh it would also be cool to have the option to ask their parents for hand in marriage. Always thought that was cute in ts3. :)

it would also add a lot to the game if they could say no and get mad at them forbidden love makes for a great story
  • Options
    hughug wrote: »
    I'd love the option to make and watch home videos on the TV. Like there could be a video option on the sims phone and you could watch it back on the TV and show it to future generations.

and show off baby pics every parent does that
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited August 2017

Bathtub baby pics
  • Options

Bathtub baby pics

any embarrassing one really
  • Options
    TrulyATeen18TrulyATeen18 Posts: 56 Member
    Bear31 wrote: »
    Announce engagement to parents and friends? I think it'd be SO cute!! When the option is selected, I think that they ought to be able to hold hands, act all excited, show the ring, and get a hug from Mom and Dad.

I think that it'd be cute if the guy/gal would get nervous when the announcement happened too.

Also, the option to "gather around bday sim" too. Often times I get everyone in the house around the bday sim but before they are able to blow the candles out, everyone leaves. Maybe an option to "announce birthday" should appear after cake has been made and candles put on the cake.

• Options
    TrulyATeen18TrulyATeen18 Posts: 56 Member
    I love this idea! It's so small but would be so significant and cute. Especially for storytelling, plus it would get the family more involved i the family! ❤️
  • Options
    DanniG121DanniG121 Posts: 108 Member
    There are great ideas, I have just made a new sims as a young adult and her parents and it would be nice to announce her engagement when she gets engaged, it would be funny if the family had reactions to it too, I like the idea of introducing too I would like to introduce my sims boyfriend to her friends and family
  • Options
    mariajane216mariajane216 Posts: 83 Member
    Yes this is so cute!
  • Options
    SoullessDollsSoullessDolls Posts: 105 Member
    I really like this idea. We must add this to some kind of catalog of Wedding/Family game pack ideas.
    Woody: You, Are, A, Toyyyyy! You're not the real thing. You're an action figure. You are a child's play thing!
    Buzz Lightyear: You are a sad, strange little man. Farewell.
  • Options
    WillKDavidWillKDavid Posts: 136 Member
    The groom could ask his father or friends to be best man. The bride could have bridesmaids.
  • Options
    SoullessDollsSoullessDolls Posts: 105 Member
    @WillKDavid - I have created a thread to log ideas like this. Enjoy.
    Woody: You, Are, A, Toyyyyy! You're not the real thing. You're an action figure. You are a child's play thing!
    Buzz Lightyear: You are a sad, strange little man. Farewell.
  • Options
    Shira3000Shira3000 Posts: 348 Member
    Those ideas are brilliant!!!