Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dine Out - Features Missing...

CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
Don't get me wrong I do love this new game pack however there could have been more... For example.

1: The household can do jobs of the host, waiter and cook.
2: The household could place 'placemats' for the children.
3: Throw/kick someone out.
4: Birthdays - Lights dimmer and employees sing "happy birthday".
5: The option to serve the meal to paying customers. Sometimes Waiters don't until last minute.

There were more however I have forgot about them, I shall add more one I get those back. What about you...do you wish they added something?
'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
"Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
oGh7KNi.gif
Post edited by Cunningham on

Comments

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Nectar making as a separate skill. I still just don't know why the devs didn't include something like this. It would have added longevity to the replayability.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    DeeTsimsDeeTsims Posts: 176 Member
    edited June 2016
    Yes, I agree with all of the suggestions. I don't know if it's missing from the game or if I just have not figured out how to do it as yet, and that is how to give staff a break. And if we are able to give them a break who helps out, since all my manager was able to do was help to clean up?
  • Options
    illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member
    Totally agree with all of you. If not the nectar-making skill, then at least some interaction with the nectar stand that came with the pack. It would add to gameplay if they could buy nectar at home from the stand and take out a bottle to share with a loved one :)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Don't get me wrong I do love this new game pack however there could have been more... For example.

1: The household can do jobs of the host, waiter and cook.
    2: The household could place 'placemats' for the children.
    3: Throw/kick someone out.
    4: Birthdays - Lights dimmer and employees sing "happy birthday".

There were more however I have forgot about them, I shall add more one I get those back. What about you...do you wish they added something?

1 is what I really need XD Especially for the chef sims!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    One thing I thought of while playing that I would love to see added is "Ask to Join" to ask sims not in your party to join at your table if there's space. I had some sims eating at a sidewalk cafe and thought then it would be cool to be able to call to someone on the sidewalk passing by and ask them to join at the table.
  • Options
    PuffyPuffy Posts: 393 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Nectar making as a separate skill. I still just don't know why the devs didn't include something like this. It would have added longevity to the replayability.

Yes , the Nectar. I miss those in Sims3. Why don't they bring back as a collectible for my Sims. I really miss i have a bottle of Nectar cost over $10,000 in my sims 3 inventory before. This is really big missing part.
  • Options
    likesareelikesaree Posts: 204 Member
    Absolutely agree with number 1! Would be so helpful and you should be able to give staff "breaks" like you could in Sims2 Open for Business. Seriously wish they had have just done an OFB pack for ts4 :(
  • Options
    wintersmusewintersmuse Posts: 88 Member
    It would be really cool if we could manage bigger restaurants!
    By that I mean:
    -Hire more staff (especially hosts. please!)
    -Control said staff a bit more, eg. set the order in which tables are given out
    -Set their work zones (areas they attend to), so you don't have sims running from one side of the restaurant to the other, or up/down stairs.
    -The things you suggested, especially #1.

Right now it's really difficult to be efficient with anything bigger than a typical cute little corner bistro.
    I built a large restaurant on a 50x40 lot, with two patio areas. I had to block off the entire second floor and the outdoor tables just because it took the waiters too long to take care of the customers. Was getting awful reviews due to the wait times, and losing a few thousand simoleons every day. Seriously, how DO you make a profit??
  • Options
    50x40 it too big lot any way. Even 40 x 30 lots with 2 floor is hard to manage. I see the staff need to run in 2 floor restaurant. :0
  • Options
    I just recall they miss update get together club functions. The foodie club or uppercust club hangout in restaurant will not request table and order to eat. They just wonder around. When they make stuff pack "movie stuff", it also has watch movie functions added in club activities.
  • Options
    Vampyfan2Vampyfan2 Posts: 517 Member
    I already knew that my sims would be unable to do the cook, waiter, or host jobs, but I agree that if my sim could do one of those jobs, it would be amazing. In the past, when you owned a restaurant, your sim could do any job in the restaurant. Another annoying thing is that my sim doesn't make any money off of their restaurant until it has reached 5 stars. There's almost no point in running a restaurant if you can only make a net profit by only being at 5 stars.
    Watch my live streams and follow me on twitch!

• Options
    RaevynRaevyn Posts: 428 Member
    It would be really cool if we could manage bigger restaurants!
    By that I mean:
    -Hire more staff (especially hosts. please!)
    -Control said staff a bit more, eg. set the order in which tables are given out
    -Set their work zones (areas they attend to), so you don't have sims running from one side of the restaurant to the other, or up/down stairs.
    -The things you suggested, especially #1.

Right now it's really difficult to be efficient with anything bigger than a typical cute little corner bistro.
    I built a large restaurant on a 50x40 lot, with two patio areas. I had to block off the entire second floor and the outdoor tables just because it took the waiters too long to take care of the customers. Was getting awful reviews due to the wait times, and losing a few thousand simoleons every day. Seriously, how DO you make a profit??

Have you tried maybe adding a waiter station and a chef station to each of the floors of your restaurant? I haven't personally tried it but if they are struggling to manage, just a suggestion worth trying (if you haven't already tried it).
    This is the feedback from my restaurant:
    lf9VkFc.png
    and my restaurant is quite small compared with a few i've seen (heres the above view of my restaurant which I got the design from the gallery, but refurbished it and redesigned it for my Sims restaurant).
    kgvw40k.jpg
    As you can see I only have 9 tables.
    ExYRQe3.png
    It's all about getting the perks and scaling up the prices to around 200%.
  • Options
    @Puffy
    I think the developers integrated it, they just didn't do it properly - you can choose restaurants as a club hangout, so they did not forget about Get Together, and one of the club functions are "eat". But as you've pointed out, "eat" is not sufficient to getting them to order a table as a club in restaurants. I guess the developers didn't test it properly! Unfortunate :/
  • Options
    @XElladoraX Wow, you're really turning a profit! Thanks for sharing :)
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I agree with everything here a part from the staff singing happy birthday, soooo cheesy :p
    I would love more control over the staff. Being able to send them home without the need to close the restaurant or call them in mid shift, so we could rotate them. Send the host home after we don't allow new customers in or have her-him help the waiting staff. Also being able as the manager to take some orders or sit some people for example, it doesn't have to be everything but just a couple of more interactions so we don't stand around doing nothing while the place collapses
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.