Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When choosing traits do you choose one from each list?

Like social/lifestyle/etc? Or just pick the ones you like? (Note: I know for any child or teen sim you cant choose all them.)

Comments

• Options
    kakakellykakakelly Posts: 1,176 New Member
    edited February 2012
    The ones I like. Sometimes one from each list, it varies
  • Options
    angeldollxxangeldollxx Posts: 786 New Member
    edited February 2012
    i pick hte ones i like and then i randomize the rest. evil is one of my faves now
  • Options
    dreamsong1968dreamsong1968 Posts: 4,473 Member
    edited February 2012
    Like social/lifestyle/etc? Or just pick the ones you like?

When creating in CAS I do this. With sims born in game I choose based on family traits and my goal for the individual sim.
  • Options
    PrettyLittleSim7PrettyLittleSim7 Posts: 201
    edited February 2012
    For me it depends on which type of lifetime wish or career I want for my sims...can't have a friendly, good sim in the Criminal Career now can we?

But lately I've realized that for my lady sims I usually don't use any physical traits.
  • Options
    theprincess3theprincess3 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Like social/lifestyle/etc? Or just pick the ones you like?

When creating in CAS I do this. With sims born in game I choose based on family traits and my goal for the individual sim.
    I do this in create a sim also.
  • Options
    Maximilian1996Maximilian1996 Posts: 1,412 New Member
    edited February 2012
    No, never. Sometimes I even chose them randomly to make the game more interesting. :)
  • Options
    IndigoXXIndigoXX Posts: 47 New Member
    edited February 2012
    I randomize ALL traits for in-game born sims. I find this makes the game more interesting and forces me to play traits that I otherwise would not choose.
  • Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited February 2012
    IndigoXX wrote:
    I randomize ALL traits for in-game born sims. I find this makes the game more interesting and forces me to play traits that I otherwise would not choose.
    I do the same thing :)
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited February 2012
    No I don't base it on the columns. When creating a sim I pick them based on who I want them to be or I may say, I want this sim to be evil (or whatever trait) and hit the randomize button until the trait I chose is in the list for that sim and go with whatever else is with it.
  • Options
    CHEESEMONKEYSROOLCHEESEMONKEYSROOL Posts: 462 Member
    edited February 2012
    I pick one from each list and because there's only four lists I pick the last one myself. If it's a sim born in-game I choose a mental and physical as a baby/toddler, add a social as a child and a lifestyle at teen then at young adult I add the one I want.
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited February 2012
    Like social/lifestyle/etc? Or just pick the ones you like? (Note: I know for any child or teen sim you cant choose all them.)

I used to do that, but I found it boring after some time. Now I'm picking whatever traits I think suit my Sim best.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    TheAuthor_666TheAuthor_666 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited February 2012
    I randomize it XD Because you can't really choose who you are.
  • Options
    NarcissaNarcissa Posts: 811 Member
    edited February 2012
    I used to pick at least one from each list, but then I stopped because there's no point in setting little rules for yourself when you know you really don't want them. When I make CASs, I usually have in my head how I want them to be when I start making them. I just make their traits match.

I do try to give each of my sims at least one negative trait, though. Having perfect sims all the time is not fun.
  • Options
    KirbyAndKatKirbyAndKat Posts: 778 New Member
    edited February 2012
    I choose them based on their appearance. Like a quirky, kawaii sim may have "childish" or "coward".
  • Options
    crimzonstainheartcrimzonstainheart Posts: 1,682 New Member
    edited February 2012
    i usually pick the traits based on what they look like or goals but i randomize the rest. :-)
  • Options
    Cobesta97Cobesta97 Posts: 964 Member
    edited February 2012
    Nope, I choose them randomly. :lol:
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited February 2012
    I sometimes just roll the dice and let the game choose the traits for me. When in CAS, I hit the Randomizer button and then I'm only allowed to change one trait. I always try to have at least one "negative" trait (Inappropriate, Insane, Evil, etc.). The only trait that I always change is Loser. That one is just so unfair.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    WolfauraWolfaura Posts: 615 Member
    edited February 2012
    When I first started playing the sims I would pick 1 from each list.

But I like making 1 family which I stick to and only play them.

They end up kind of boring if you choose so I like randomising it.

2nd gen I click the dice twice when it ages up to choose a trait.
    3rd gen 3 times and so on.

So far my 2nd gen heir is neurotic, heavy sleeper and a klepto
    and his sister is a slob, athletic and hydrophobic.

I think it makes it more fun when it's random.