Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Unforseen Problems Have You Guys Had In Sims 3?

For me, my Legacy heir just married an Elder Sim while in France.

Which I thought was kind of cute, but as soon as they finally returned home from their trip, I though he'd be at like the beginning of the Elder stage-- Nope, he's 100 days old XD

I was like holy crap he's older than my founder (day 90). Gosh dangit XD; I probably won't even get his portrait done before he croaks.

And I was hoping since he has level 10 cooking (It's Yves Bernard btw) that I could get 10k Lifetime Reward points, change his LTW to something cooking related and hopefully knock it all out before he died. Now I'm just like /facepalm.

Soon as they touch home soil they're going to the closest WooHoo spot and cranking out a baby. :lol:

What kind of unforseen problems do you guys usually have concerning Legacy Heirs and Marriages? XD

Stuff like marrying a Sim and finding out they have like 10 romances on the side, or that their lifetime wish is to be in Law Enforcement while your Sim is a criminal. :roll:

Comments

• Options
    Gleeky321Gleeky321 Posts: 2,995 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Mine is my sims always get divorced when am not looking
  • Options
    theprincess3theprincess3 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Female elders can have a baby?
  • Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited January 2012
    The "cranking out a baby" part really made me laugh.

My biggest sims problems are probably building-related. I'll be mostly finished with a house, then remember that I wanted to do some cool thing with ConstrainFloorElevation and I can't do it without completely dismantling the house. It'd be nice if we had EA-made skylights and L-shaped stairs and such so building wasn't so complicated.
  • Options
    Joel2810Joel2810 Posts: 989 Member
    edited January 2012
    One of my Sims accused his wife of cheating randomly! I was like, "what?"
    He was right she did cheat, but she confessed like a Sim weak before. lol
  • Options
    Joel2810Joel2810 Posts: 989 Member
    edited January 2012
    Gleeky321 wrote:

lol
  • Options
    TankadankaTankadanka Posts: 793 Member
    edited January 2012
    Gleeky321 wrote:

I have that happen, too, except I try to intercept before they get divorced--Usually I get there when they're hating each other and have the 3 day (or however long it was) period to fix things. I'm like you guys were just fine 20 minutes ago, what the heck. :roll:
    Female elders can have a baby?

No, sorry if I was misleading--it was my Founder's Young Adult heiress that married the male Elder Sim.
    Joel2810 wrote:
    One of my Sims accused his wife of cheating randomly! I was like, "what?"
    He was right she did cheat, but she confessed like a Sim weak before. lol

This makes me mad XD I never even confess to cheating because I swear they're like real couples. You confess and it's like you wait it out and they're fine. Then out of nowhere like 2 weeks later they're like, "Hey remember when you cheated on me? I'M STILL MAD." :lol:
    My biggest sims problems are probably building-related.

I'm expanding my Legacy's house right now and I do so hate building houses XD Mainly because I'm just no good with it and the tools give me problems. Right now I'm wondering why it's like you build a wall, it costs 70 simoleons. But when you delete it with the sledgehammer, you only get 56 simoleons back. But if you Undo, you get a full refund. Like right now I built a fence and a garden, now I want a different fence to match the garden, so I have to sledgehammer the fence and pay out the nose for a new one. It's ridiculous. :roll:

And right now, I use spiral stairs for everything indoors even if they don't match because the normal stairs give me so much freaking trouble when I'm trying to place them. @ _@
  • Options
    kittana514kittana514 Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited January 2012
    Saying I'll only play an hour - then look up to see half the night is gone..
  • Options
    shannonlovesmacshannonlovesmac Posts: 228 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Matthew Hamming from Bridgeport turned into an elder right when I wanted my Sim to be his gf :?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Matthew Hamming from Bridgeport turned into an elder right when I wanted my Sim to be his gf :?

This happens to me ALL THE TIME XDD Especially with Matthew Hamming and Gunther Goth. Andrew Song did it, too. ~ _~ I really wish you could ask Sims how old they were. XD
    kittana514 wrote:

Word. :lol:
  • Options
    Queenie08Queenie08 Posts: 7,588 Member
    edited January 2012
    One time I was going to have one of my Sims marry Ethan Bunch once he aged into an young adult, but his family moved out of town before that could happen. :lol:
  • Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited January 2012
    kittana514 wrote:

*cough* I have no idea what you're talking about... I meant to spend all day today on my computer! Yep, completely on purpose...
  • Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    edited January 2012
    One time, my legacy founder dated his son's wife
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    x_MG_x wrote:

LOL One of the reasons my Heiress married the Elder Sim was because her Romantic Interest was hitting on her mom! XD Yeah, she got real mad at him ( so did the Founder's husband! :roll: ) Yves was quick to mediate. :wink:
    Queenie08 wrote:
    One time I was going to have one of my Sims marry Ethan Bunch once he aged into an young adult, but his family moved out of town before that could happen. :lol:

I swear inactive Sims have a sixth sense because sometimes the Sims I want them to date or marry will miraculously die in a fire or starve to death. I'm not sure how I feel that they would rather die than marry each other LOL. 8)
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited January 2012
    I really wanted to make cool effects on my sims, but I couldn't find a way how... I think I might've found a way but I'm not sure...
  • Options
    BabiskoBabisko Posts: 1,290 Member
    edited January 2012
    There was one time, with one sim family, i just had them married, and sent one off to do something and the other stayed with his roommate. I go to check on what the sim is doing in town, come back to check on the house, only to find the married sim and the roommate sim getting it on in bed O.o I ended up shutting the game off without saving.

Then, in another game I started, with the same two sims having just married again, i look away, then come back again to find one of the grooms getting it on with his new hubby's evil dead step-dad who I didn't even know had come out of his headstone that night. Had to turn the game off again >.>
    We are now the knights who say Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptangya Zoooooooom Boing Ni!
  • Options
    Queenie08Queenie08 Posts: 7,588 Member
    edited January 2012
    Tankadanka wrote:
    x_MG_x wrote:

LOL One of the reasons my Heiress married the Elder Sim was because her Romantic Interest was hitting on her mom! XD Yeah, she got real mad at him ( so did the Founder's husband! :roll: ) Yves was quick to mediate. :wink:
    Queenie08 wrote:

I swear inactive Sims have a sixth sense because sometimes the Sims I want them to date or marry will miraculously die in a fire or starve to death. I'm not sure how I feel that they would rather die than marry each other LOL. 8)

Sure seems like it! LOL. And I know :lol:
  • Options
    LonnehartLonnehart Posts: 688 Member
    edited January 2012
    Unforseen problems? Well...

You'd think that they'd reduce the game's resource hogging as The Sims 2 was one... But they didn't...
    Yeah. Made a Minecraft Windows 10 Edition video channel. I guess I'm insane...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXGZZkbGB3y8S-F6gePiFhA
  • Options
    AssimuloAssimulo Posts: 1,322 Member
    edited January 2012
    kittana514 wrote:
  • Options
    PandoraRitterPandoraRitter Posts: 787 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Every time I have a Birthday party in my game one of the guests die...so annoying lol

First time it was a stray dog, second time it was a vampire (Shirley Lin or something like that). the most recent was Ginny (Can't think of her last name)

So my sims don't have birthday parties anymore, I'm sick of their friends dieing lol
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Every time I have a Birthday party in my game one of the guests die...so annoying lol

I have to put like 3 refrigerators outside to keep Vampire Sims from dying whenever I throw parties since the buffet table doesn't have plasma fruit dishes (they should have a vampire edition buffet table!)

Otherwise, unless they're dying of old age, it's always vampires who die practically EVERY single time I throw a party. The first few times it was a shock, eventually it's like, "Can you PLEASE go die somewhere else? You're putting a damper on everyone's mood." :lol:

My favourite time this happened was when Apollo Bloom left my party as soon as he arrived saying, "You call this a party? Whatever, I'm leaving." And he ended up dying of starvation on the way out right on my doorstep. XD
    Babisko wrote:
    There was one time, with one sim family, i just had them married, and sent one off to do something and the other stayed with his roommate. I go to check on what the sim is doing in town, come back to check on the house, only to find the married sim and the roommate sim getting it on in bed O.o I ended up shutting the game off without saving.

Then, in another game I started, with the same two sims having just married again, i look away, then come back again to find one of the grooms getting it on with his new hubby's evil dead step-dad who I didn't even know had come out of his headstone that night. Had to turn the game off again >.>

Jeeze XD Your Sims must have an innate Commitment Issues trait LOL. I do the same thing though, my Sim has the Good Sense of Humor trait and is constantly using the Flirtatious Joke option-- Nothing else, but its enough to get other Sims started. :roll: