The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A way to copy a sim?

Is there an easy way to copy a sim in CAS?

For instance, say I wanted to create someone's twin or clone etc in CAS. Is there a way to do it that I've missed?

Thank you in advance for any replies.
Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,159 Member
    Have you tried saving them to your library then adding them back to your household? That was the first suggestion that popped up when I googled.
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,700 Member
    @simgirl1010, I was hoping for something a little more lazy-friendly, but I guess that could work. :) Thanks
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,159 Member
    Glad to help. :)
  • Options
    MrPlumbobMrPlumbob Posts: 339 Member
    @luciusstorm

If you want a "copy" without their traits, skills, etc. you can create a twin in CAS. It's in the same place where you add another sim, under the DNA button (I think it's called "play with genetics")

You'll have to redo their outfits and hair I think, but otherwise, they'll look just like the original. I think you need the cas fulleditmode cheat for that to work too.

Saving to the Gallery, as simgirl1010 suggested, is the better option if you want to preserve their traits, skills, etc.

You could also clone them with an upgraded cloning machine from Get To Work, though there's a chance you'll get an evil clone. (No really, there is)

Also, If the sim is a spellcaster, they can learn the duplicato spell and duplicate themselves! Just be sure to add the duplicate to the household quickly, I've had many of them teleport away and then show up at a bar days later lol. No telling how many of those duplicates are running around in my game!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,847 Member
    Is there an easy way to copy a sim in CAS?

For instance, say I wanted to create someone's twin or clone etc in CAS. Is there a way to do it that I've missed?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Yes, select make a twin. then you can just randomize until an identical version, if that's what you're after, rolls up. I had Kayleigh, who was originally a Walk by Sim. Erik was instantly enamored with her, so I added her to his household so I could keep her.

Then when I had to restart my game, I decided to clone her to make her a part of a set of identical triplets. I thought that would be fun. Sadly, the game wouldn't allow Erik to be fooled into thinking one of her sisters was actually her, so I just wrote up about him being confused when he first met Hayleigh.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/