Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Seem To Have More Personality

Bren91Bren91 Posts: 299 Member
So it had been a while since I played the sims 4, but I played this week for a bit and I have to say one thing I think this game has got way better at is making sure the sims have personality based on the traits you give them. Maybe it’s because of the growing together expansion pack but I’ve noticed more wants bubbles based on my sims personalities by the traits I gave them, they just seem to act more different from one another which I love. I also love how they can assume traits later on in life.

One thing I thought was so cool was I was having two male sims dating, one of them had the non commitment trait well all of the sudden he/the game asked me if he could switch out his trait from non commitment to loyal! I was astounded and it said he has fallen in love with him and wants to be loyal to him. So I switched the trait out and I thought that was so cool. I guess when it comes down to love, even sims can change their minds!

Another thing that happened with this other couple I was playing they had lower chemistry but for whatever reason just clicked and loved each other and then one of them had a want to marry his partner, so he took it upon himself to ask her, I didn’t make him do it, he wanted to under his want bubble but I didn’t expect him to do it, I could only choose whether she said yes. I thought this was awesome. I love the little surprises that the free will allows sims to do themselves I think it adds so much more to the game and am thankful for this despite some of the criticisms the game has faced.

The sims are acting more like sims, which is great. The unexpected is what makes this game. Don’t get me wrong I love to set the stage and sort of plan what I think will happen but watching these little sims make some of their own life choices and guiding them is what truly makes it what it is.

I do have a want for the game that I think would be a simple thing to add to their simology tab in the game, just so I can’t recollect on who they are and what’s happened to them, I think they need their own individual biographies where you can write who they are and what’s happening or happened to them. Please sims team make this happen, I truly think many of us would appreciate it. We’re creative players with stories in our own head about what’s going on I just want a little space or journal in the game so I can keep tabs on them, it’s a simple request Imagine that could be given for free in an update that I think would add so much to the game.

Comments

• Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,663 Member
    edited April 4
    I do think the TS4 sims have the potential for a lot of personality, but you may have to go beyond the three starting traits to get there. I think limiting a new sim to 3 CaS traits makes them seem less interesting at first, compared to games where we had 5 traits. But, the more reward traits you add, the more interesting they become and the more they autonomously act on those traits. Morgyn actively dislikes the Cosplayers at Geek Con, and nopes out wherever he’s approached by them. It’s consistent, and I don’t have a clue where that comes from. He also gets energized if he’s struck by lightning. The game says it’s from having the erratic trait, but I’ve never given him that trait. So, I do think there are autonomous interactions that surface once a sim becomes more well developed through adding new traits and through gameplay.

I think a journal option is a great idea.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,601 Member
    I love full autonomy On, for that very reason. My Sims are hysterical sometimes. I'm talking about Erik and his household. I've recently moved the twins back in, plus after the engagement party, I decided Travis should live there, too. So much easier when you control all of them. (Thinking of the upcoming wedding. For that, once I've got all to the church, I may very well shut off autonomy, so the players don't up and walk off the set, so to speak.)

But, yes, I am also noticing more personality in my Sims. Yay, and finally!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,096 Member
    I play with full autonomy on as well and i let my sims do their own thing while i focus on one or two. I once clicked on a sim to find them right on the other side of the screen playing in a pile of leaves with two other NPC's one Autumn morning.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I think the overhaul from whims to wants improved sim personalities. They get wants related to their traits and aspirations more now. I only wish they updated wants for the traits that weren't included in the update.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,682 Member
    I think their personalities did improve. And I like that I just feel it, but it's hard to put my finger on the exact change.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 552 Member
    edited April 23
    I got hit with a wave of Sims 2 nostalgia when I found out, accidentally, that sims with the Jealous trait will slap a romantic interest silly if they catch them initiating a romance interaction with someone else.
    In defense of my wayward sim, she had a brief flirtation with the Jealous sim in a bar a long time before and I had completely forgotten about it. Then, when she took her current boyfriend to the Romance Festival, Mr. Jealous was there. Cue the drama.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.