Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please allow us to turn automatic Gallery lot name replacement off!

This has been bothering me for so many years now with the way when you download a wonderful lot from the Gallery, the game will automatically replace the original name of the lot and even its original lot descriptions sometimes when you go to Manage Worlds and read more info from the bio of the lot, and it is very annoying how there is no way to keep the original descriptions in some instances. And the automatic name replacement bothers my rotational OCD brain too, as most of the amazing lots I find from the Gallery happen to have English names/titles for them, and English is not my game language, but Finnish. So I'd rather see the original lot names even if I replace the old lot with a better revamped version from the Gallery. Sometimes I also want to update Vladislaus Strahd or other cool townies in-game, but if Neighborhood stories is on, sometimes he moves from his beautiful mansion from Forgotten Hollow to some random lot in-game and his household bio disappears or gets merged into the new household that moves to his mansion. I would love to get more options for name customization in general, such as changing last name for just married spouse/wife option, more names for CAS to choose from, and more manage worlds options. I don't want to need to have mods to fix these issues I have with the game for so long, and people playing in consoles cannot have these cool features like More names mods or MC Command center. If only Maxis could do something about these things :disappointed:

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I second this request. It would be nice if we could keep the original lot name. Mainly for orientation: when reading online or watching videos and lot names are mentioned, it is easier to find them in game if the names aren't replaced automatically. The English names in my Dutch game are a bit awkward as well but most gallery uploads have English titles.