Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Darker Color Options!

delphydelphy Posts: 55 Member
edited October 2023 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Could you please add some NICE Darker Color options to not just clothing but also furniture and wall/floors pretty please! I hate pastels and there just isn't a lot of options that are darker.
Also on a side not please fix how insane sims are about checking on newborn-toddler stages. My sim wont do barely anything because every 2 seconds she has to go check on her little one. And as a infant the kid kept asking to be let out when she was tired and crying about needing sleep. I had to lock my sims out of her room.
One other addition please give us back the other lot trait related to plants. All my lots lost a trait when the last update happened. I can't remember exactly what it was but I know there was another one and it's gone now.
Post edited by delphy on

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited October 2023
    Yeah I wish we had darker colors for cas and b/b things but also like muted dark colors

I feel like often when we have dark color wallpaper for example its like jewel tones only which makes it hard to use :sweat_smile:

also I feel like so often its just blue like get me the other colors on color wheel too please
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Yes please. ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Yeah I wish we had darker colors for cas and b/b things but also like muted dark colors

I feel like often when we have dark color wallpaper for example its like jewel tones only which makes it hard to use :sweat_smile:

also I feel like so often its just blue like get me the other colors on color wheel too please

Yeah and some wall choices all you get is like red, blue, brown and grey with different wood trims. I had just been dressing a new teen and was getting frustrated because so many clothing options are pastel. I won't even buy most of the kits for the same reason. I'm happy to keep my money though.
    Post edited by delphy on
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I would so love dark burgandy red, dark forest green, dark midnight blue & dark plum purple.
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 634 Member
    A colour wheel with the ability to set the RBG values would be very nice. It would be peak colours for everything!
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Dark colors would be great not a fan of the color choices for almost everything pastels and rainbows are not my thing and they love them so much. It's such a fight to get the basics remember the community outcry for white and black doors we got those then it was like no more colors for you.

As someone who loves red grey silver this game does not offer much color choices for me besides black which we only have because community outcry.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Agreed! Let's ditch the brights and pastels for a little while, hmm? More murky greens, grungy purples, and deep, slate blues. Even dark, rusty oranges and mustardy yellows would be nice. There's a whole world of deep colors to be explored. Hopefully we'll see some in the upcoming Goth pack at least, but would be really nice to get more varieties in the build/buy and general CAS as well. 😊
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Agreed on both!! my sim kept cancelling out his task to check the infant even though i had the active sim autonomy off enabled. Also yes, i do like pastels but this game needs more darker toned swatches. we need like a dark academia styled SP or a game pack that incorporates a style like that
  • Options
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    Agreed on both!! my sim kept cancelling out his task to check the infant even though i had the active sim autonomy off enabled. Also yes, i do like pastels but this game needs more darker toned swatches. we need like a dark academia styled SP or a game pack that incorporates a style like that

Yeah I was thinking for the darker color part doing something in one of the numerous and annoying updates to add dark color options to all items. More matching color options would be nice too for counters and doors/windows/columns/fences/gates. Also more counters with a shelf option like the mountain resort and horse ranch EPs. If your kitchen is tiny all the new appliances take up to much space and I found I can put them all on the one from Horse Ranch EP. They have made other adjustments to current items and traits so I can't see why they couldn't do that.