Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Starting A New Save Without Automatically Going Into CAS

MarteziaKingMarteziaKing Posts: 277 Member
edited October 2023 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I know someone probably already made a discussion on this before but I just had to explain my frustration and annoyance in my own words. Every time you start a new save, the game automatically takes you into CAS, which is just...ugh. What if you want to play with one of the pre-made households or build a lot in a new save without automatically going into CAS? The only way to bypass this without using mods is starting a scenario that comes with a pre-made household but even then, I shouldn't have to start a scenario just to avoid CAS when starting a new save. I feel like the game should take you to Manage Worlds instead...which they should've did from the get-go. 🤦‍♀️
6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥

Comments

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    It is one of the many hold-overs from the online origins of the game so we are stuck with it. The old make your player character first thing.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Wouldn't that have been nice. Oh well. :'(
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    You can do what I do.

I created a "template save".

I went through the annoying task of creating a sim, just a random one that I deleted, but I put them on an empty lot and saved the game as "SAVE TEMPLATE".

Then whenever I want to just go in and mess around in the world, check out a new world, look at all of the new BB content from new DLC, test a piece of CC I created or whatever it may be, I use load that save and I'm not forced to go into CAS that way.

If I end up actually playing the game, I then do a "Save As" and rename it something else, so my "template save" is always preserved.
  • Options
    You can do what I do.

I went through the annoying task of creating a sim, just a random one that I deleted, but I put them on an empty lot and saved the game as "SAVE TEMPLATE".

Then whenever I want to just go in and mess around in the world, check out a new world, look at all of the new BB content from new DLC, test a piece of CC I created or whatever it may be, I use load that save and I'm not forced to go into CAS that way.

If I end up actually playing the game, I then do a "Save As" and rename it something else, so my "template save" is always preserved.

I did that many of times before, but thanks for telling me anyways. 👌
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥
  • Options
    OceancatOceancat Posts: 21 Member
    I agree, it is annoying and an additional barrier to getting into gameplay immediately. By the time I actually get into the game, I have already spent so long creating my sim and getting their house/apartment ready that I don't have the energy to start playing with them.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    You can do what I do.

Ok but they were still changing premades not too long ago and those changes are only going to affect new games. Some bug fixes have only been for new games.

I think it kills momentum to be forced to create a sim and move them in somewhere if that’s not what I needed to do. Suppose a new player comes in and just wants to check out the worlds and characters that already exist.

While we are at it, I dislike the random family it uses for a thumbnail when I have a building save. I was building a house and never touched the Spencer-Kim-Lewis family but that’s who shows on the save thumbnail. It’s confusing.
  • Options
    babajayne wrote: »
    You can do what I do.

Ok but they were still changing premades not too long ago and those changes are only going to affect new games. Some bug fixes have only been for new games.

I think it kills momentum to be forced to create a sim and move them in somewhere if that’s not what I needed to do. Suppose a new player comes in and just wants to check out the worlds and characters that already exist.

While we are at it, I dislike the random family it uses for a thumbnail when I have a building save. I was building a house and never touched the Spencer-Kim-Lewis family but that’s who shows on the save thumbnail. It’s confusing.

I agree with you. 🥰
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited November 2023
    Well, you could still just save a fresh save after you only did the necessary steps to not have to start in CAS and use that savefile as a starting point whenever you feel like starting a new save. I'd say that's quite a decent workaround.

Bugs almost never affect unplayed saves and if there is a townie makeover once in a year you could always just switch out that family or do a new starting save for that special occasion.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen