Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My game won't launch

I have been trying to get sims 4 to launch on my pc from both steam and the ea app for the past literal two hours and it absolutely will not. I tried moving the ea folder to my desktop like the help section said but it didn't work so I moved it back, and we're still in the same place of not launching. I am nothing if not tenacious so I continue to try but I am seriously on the verge of a breakdown. This used to happen all the time but the game finally got to the point where it would launch. I don't know if it is the most recent update that is causing this but I am extremely frustrated and don't know what to do.
All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.

Comments

• Options
    MarteziaKingMarteziaKing Posts: 277 Member
    fujicakes1 wrote: »
    I have been trying to get sims 4 to launch on my pc from both steam and the ea app for the past literal two hours and it absolutely will not. I tried moving the ea folder to my desktop like the help section said but it didn't work so I moved it back, and we're still in the same place of not launching. I am nothing if not tenacious so I continue to try but I am seriously on the verge of a breakdown. This used to happen all the time but the game finally got to the point where it would launch. I don't know if it is the most recent update that is causing this but I am extremely frustrated and don't know what to do.

Go to Answers HQ to report this bug - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4 😉
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited November 2023
    I’ve been having issues opening the game, too. I’ll click on the Sims 4 icon & nothing happens. I either have to go through the EA app or restart my laptop. It doesn’t happen every time, but it’s happened twice now within the last three days. I don’t think that it was the update because it first happened on Monday.

Hopefully, it gets resolved soon! I’m sorry that you’re having this issue, as well!
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Thanks @SimDork23 ! I restarted steam, restarted the ea app, restarted my computer. lol. It's ridiculous. Of course I'm ridiculous for getting so focused in on it but that is what my brain does unfortunately.

@MarteziaKing I did see that in the help section, I was just hoping that maybe someone here might have a more immediate idea / helpful input / whatnot. Another thing is that I really hate submitting things like that, for multiple reasons. But thank you for mentioning it.
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    I hope that this issue will be resolved for the both of you, @fujicakes1 and @SimDork23. 🥰🤞🥰
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥
  • Options
    fujicakes1 wrote: »
    Thanks @SimDork23 ! I restarted steam, restarted the ea app, restarted my computer. lol. It's ridiculous. Of course I'm ridiculous for getting so focused in on it but that is what my brain does unfortunately.

@MarteziaKing I did see that in the help section, I was just hoping that maybe someone here might have a more immediate idea / helpful input / whatnot. Another thing is that I really hate submitting things like that, for multiple reasons. But thank you for mentioning it.

Your welcome, again! 🥰
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
  • Options
    So it launched but it is completely blank, no saves, presumably because I did what the help section said to do and moved the sims 4 folder to my desktop and let the game create a new folder. Fortunately even though the game did create a new folder, I kept the folder I moved to my destop, so I'm moving everything over now and crossing my fingers it works. It still didn't launch until well after I restarted my computer though, so I think this annoyance / hassle was pointless. Oh well.
  • Options
    Another update - this should be the last one lol. I moved the stuff in the saves file and the stuff in the tray file over and that seemed to be everything I needed for everything. I have my saves, my personal gallery (of course the online gallery was still up anyway), and my packs. So yay! Sorry about the stressed post so soon before everything started working. :/
  • Options
    Oh and I moved my mods over of course, I think that's it, I dunno.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited November 2023
    Yay, @fujicakes1! I’m glad that you finally got it to launch! I would have been the same way if I couldn’t get it to to open. Even the smallest glitches can ruin my day trying to troubleshoot, LOL. I think it’s just because we put so much time & effort into our sims that we don’t want to lose anything or not be able to play! :)

Thank you, @MarteziaKing! :) At least restarting works for now when it happens. Fingers crossed the problem goes away, though!
  • Options
    SimDork23 wrote: »
    Yay, @fujicakes1! I’m glad that you finally got it to launch! I would have been the same way if I couldn’t get it to to open. Even the smallest glitches can ruin my day trying to troubleshoot, LOL. I think it’s just because we put so much time & effort into our sims that we don’t want to lose anything or not be able to play! :)

Thank you, @MarteziaKing! :) At least restarting works for now when it happens. Fingers crossed the problem goes away, though!

Your welcome! 💖
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg