Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Part of my first World 'Mt Desert' and a question

pYRihic.jpg

I found when I loaded the game to play a good amount of the lots have this edge to them. I tried to make sure everything was smoothed out and such, but it still has this. The sims aren't blocked though, which I'm glad about.

vSnj88R.jpg
This is the area I'm looking to build up first. Essentially a build a city challenge, then there are 3 other areas I can do other things with. I do want to do the Asylum in one, and maybe an all the things... I'm not sure.
Feel free to add me to your Sims 3 friend list! I'm DMCharlie2017

Comments

• Options
    KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    Thats lot tearing (first pic). You fix it by using "conform edges" in caw.
  • Options
    CharlieBleuCharlieBleu Posts: 177 Member
    I tried the conform edges, it did it with some but not others. Am I supposed to only click that once and the whole world conforms? Or lot by lot, because I did lot by lot.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    You have to do it lot by lot. Another trick is to delete the lot and then click the "undo" function. That works pretty well on stubborn lots. Keep in mind that if you have given your lots addresses you will have to redo the address if deleted.
  • Options
    Curiosity question. Do you name all of your roads? I've been trying to make sure I follow the standard mail system in USA with odds on one side, evens on the other.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Yes but i usually wait till the world is finished before naming roads and giving lots addresses.
    Its not really roads that are named but its the lots that are.
    Post edited by KatyFernlily on
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

All of the roads in my Alryne Valley world are named except the dirt road leading to the cabin on Lake Atherton. The houses are numbered with odd on the south and east sides and even on the north and west sides. Now that I think about it, this is completely backward of the US mail system, but at least I was consistent. :innocent:
  • Options
    @texansky Yea, I don't pay so much attention to whether they are on the south and such, but like you, at least I'm consistent.

@KatyFernlily it would be so much easier if the roads could be named themselves then the street was just attached to a number