The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Medieval Pack Faeries and Dragons

AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
edited July 2023 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Since the horse pack has drawn me immediately back in to playing I'm almost expecting this one to be announced next, especially since fairies are the next most-requested occult in the game now that we have werewolves.

So I'm hopeful as far as what it will bring to the game when it almost inevitably arrives, I'm sincerely hoping for it to be medieval themed, a ton of new clothes, and medieval armor sets and decor..

And at the very least some hints at a storyline, even if we never get another strangerville.. if the pack needs a direction they could look at Lord of the Rings, or, way closer to home, Dragon Age for armor and clothing and decoration ideas..

dOHYWeX.jpeg 
JAbVWmI.jpeg 
 vMG6uDi.png
 3R19VT4.jpeg
 FhpDxhX.png
 c2W2RGZ.png
 8oO2MVu.jpeg

I'd totally build my own chantry lol..

As for fairies they could easily have their own skill trees just like the other occults do, in addition to just having innate abilities like aliens and mermaids do, there is a lot of room to make them unique.. they could also add in a lot trait, if not several, associated with fairies, like being able to leave offerings for increased gardening/farming/skill building benefits.. or having fairies show up on your property and potentially cause chaos if you anger them..

PXfEqBB
For dragons, it would be cool if you could bond with them, and if doing so gave you some manner of magic (even if it's minor things like randomly finding treasure.. or bigger things like getting perks during fighting from having that bond or having your Sim get a longer life or straight up immortality like the elixir in RoM

I'd let them be "pets" personally, that act as a quest reward for the storyline element I mentioned, where, through doing the storyline you can get a dragon egg, and then customize the resulting hatchling and raise it to adulthood.

Having more medieval/gothic era architecture clothing and armor would go well with most of the occult packs, especially if they also add robes.. which were criminally absent from realm of magic.

ddC1W5O.jpeg

X6L1MUd.jpeg

ktX93X8.jpeg

TYigBZ1.jpeg

They could add fencing, jousting, archery, more off the grid options for houses and sims, like physically writing books and not having to use computers to "write" would be nice.

If they really needed to they could just root it in the concept that it's a Renaissance Faire pack, there are plenty of things they could put in it if they did so that wouldn't break the "modern age" immersion people want with this game.

(Ended up combining this with an older post I forgot I made.
Post edited by Amavari on

Comments

• Options
    OccultmasterOccultmaster Posts: 129 Member
    Amavari wrote: »
    Since the horse pack has drawn me immediately back in to playing I'm almost expecting this one to be announced next, especially since fairies are the next most-requested occult in the game now that we have werewolves.

So I'm hopeful as far as what it will bring to the game when it almost inevitably arrives, I'm sincerely hoping for it to be medieval themed, a ton of new clothes, and medieval armor sets and decor..

And at the very least some hints at a storyline, even if we never get another strangerville.. if the pack needs a direction they could look at Lord of the Rings, or, way closer to home, Dragon Age for armor and clothing and decoration ideas..

dOHYWeX.jpeg 
    JAbVWmI.jpeg 
     vMG6uDi.png
     3R19VT4.jpeg
     FhpDxhX.png
     c2W2RGZ.png
     8oO2MVu.jpeg

I'd totally build my own chantry lol..

As for fairies they could easily have their own skill trees just like the other occults do, in addition to just having innate abilities like aliens and mermaids do, there is a lot of room to make them unique.. they could also add in a lot trait, if not several, associated with fairies, like being able to leave offerings for increased gardening/farming/skill building benefits.. or having fairies show up on your property and potentially cause chaos if you anger them..

PXfEqBB
    For dragons, it would be cool if you could bond with them, and if doing so gave you some manner of magic (even if it's minor things like randomly finding treasure.. or bigger things like getting perks during fighting from having that bond or having your Sim get a longer life or straight up immortality like the elixir in RoM

I'd let them be "pets" personally, that act as a quest reward for the storyline element I mentioned, where, through doing the storyline you can get a dragon egg, and then customize the resulting hatchling and raise it to adulthood.

Having more medieval/gothic era architecture clothing and armor would go well with most of the occult packs, especially if they also add robes.. which were criminally absent from realm of magic.

ddC1W5O.jpeg

X6L1MUd.jpeg

ktX93X8.jpeg

TYigBZ1.jpeg

They could add fencing, jousting, archery, more off the grid options for houses and sims, like physically writing books and not having to use computers to "write" would be nice.

If they really needed to they could just root it in the concept that it's a Renaissance Faire pack, there are plenty of things they could put in it if they did so that wouldn't break the "modern age" immersion people want with this game.

(Ended up combining this with an older post I forgot I made.

I would pay for this, it's like D&D meets the Sims,

I could've said that it was like Pathfinder meets the Sims but I doubt most Simmers know more than one TTRPG, so I might as well reference the one most people probably heard of,

Also nice Templar Armor, personally the Blood Dragon Armor is the best one in Dragon Age, it's really sick looking.
  • Options
    I love role-playing games, and medieval strories, I've already made a ton of characters from medieval fantasy settings to put in one of my worlds.

Mostly from the Inheritance Cycle, Legend of Zelda, characters like drow elves from Forgotten Realms, several vampires and werewolves and spellcasters, I'm really just waiting for the opportunity to make more at this point since I tend to just keep adding on every time something new becomes available.

I'd love to make a Lord of the Rings household XD but it would require some really nice clothes, and I'd absolutely build an elven city or Rohan if given the chance same with Dragon Age, if they added it I'd immediately do it, especially because the armor and architectural in those games are beautiful to look at.

There is so much room for creativity in medieval fantasy settings that I can't really get in "modern day" packs, it's part if why I'm always waiting for more, and I do think that if they do occults there should always be story elements and lore because it is world building, and I like reading lore and playing through storylines.

It was a missed opportunity in my opinion that RoM didn't have a storyline about working with the sages to become strong enough with magic to help with a ritual so they could prevent the realm from breaking apart, or something similar, the lore was right there..

• Options
    SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    I would love a medieval pack. I could do without fairies and dragons, but I wouldn't object to them being added. Dragons might be a bit difficult to add though, due to their large size. I'd really like the off-the-grid stuff. Elves of different types would be good. I enjoy Dungeons & Dragons as well as Elder Scrolls. So having Dunmer, Altmer, Bosmer, etc would be nice.

It could be merged with magic as well so there could be magical lights (floating orbs) that don't use electricity or pose a fire risk.

I'd love for fireplaces to be able to be used for cooking and even doing laundry-- large pot or cauldron to soak clothes in and then hang them to dry in front of the hearth.
  • Options
    Kibo92Kibo92 Posts: 3 New Member
    I am dreaming of a medieval Sims Pack, since I knew Sims 2.
    WE could so good combine the horseranch and medieval Pack.
    Fairys is nothing that I like. But I LOVE dragons since I was a small child.
    They can bei gentle, brutal and very wise.
    Maybe WE could get Dragon Eggs, If WE learned enough about them. Like an reward.
    Fayries could bei an new occult.
    And your Sims could get Lifetime Trait "Monarch" and the normal Trait "medieval" they wouldnt use electric Things and such, or have to learn about it before using.
    New Carriers:

Squire ( with an carriere that goes to King/Queen/Ruler/Warlord)

Maid/Servant ( with an carriere to Diplomat)
  • Options
    mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    I would like a medieval pack for the sims 4
  • Options
    The more I think about it the more I'm genuinely hoping that this sort of thing comes with the next pack, I am building Rivendell at the moment, as much as I can anyway.. so having more medieval themed stuff would be nice for getting it right.

I would also be fine with a celtic themed pack though, either way.. I'd make due.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 974 Member
    Wasn't there confirmed to be a medieval build kit coming soon? It won the vote, alongside the goth CAS kit.

But yeah, a full pack of this stuff would be nice.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    DarrellRBeebeDarrellRBeebe Posts: 663 Member
    For me, a castle build/buy kit is all well and good, but without an accompanying CAS kit with outfits for royalty, nobles and regular folk it's virtually useless. And let's keep in mind, this is a kit, so right off the bat the offerings will be pretty darn limited. This is why a Castle STUFF PACK or GAME PACK would be much, much better and give us the depth and breadth of items we're looking for to really recreate a medieval landscape.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,532 Member
    For me, a castle build/buy kit is all well and good, but without an accompanying CAS kit with outfits for royalty, nobles and regular folk it's virtually useless. And let's keep in mind, this is a kit, so right off the bat the offerings will be pretty darn limited. This is why a Castle STUFF PACK or GAME PACK would be much, much better and give us the depth and breadth of items we're looking for to really recreate a medieval landscape.

Maybe the medieval kit will be more like museum type stuff, relics and pieces of history you sometimes see in a city, not something meant to turn our games into a fully medieval setting. To do that I think an EP would be more suitable.
  • Options
    Honestly I've already built my own huge castle in game, my problem is always with the lack of clothing that fits the theme, wizard robes and nice medieval clothing and armor mainly.. and sword fights, please

Plus.. I'm still really just waiting for a vampire/occult hunter profession where you go around dealing with monsters for a living, it would be epic for storytelling especially if they make it like the detective job where you go and actively look for evidence of the "case" and track down the occult, then have a confrontation with the occult and possibly a fight with it like the strangerville monster battle

For example a vampire taking thralls that you have to fight off to get to them

Or werewolves attacking you when you're trying to reach the alpha wolfwI

Or spellcasters using magic to terrorize a town
    With special ways to deal with different situations if your Sim happens to also be an occult.

I'd go with a pack honestly, I've never really cared for kits, they're is so little to them for the most part that I just question why they don't just make a pack based on a theme instead.
  • Options
    Madie24Madie24 Posts: 9 New Member
    I think it would be amazing a GP or EP of fantasy based on the 4 elements of nature: water, air, fire and earth.
    There would be a new world with a distrcit of which element.
    In cas we could go to "add sim", then "add ocult sim", then "elemental sim" and finally "fire elemental", "air elemental", "water elemental" or "earth elemental". We could choose only one element for our sim control.
    It could also have something to do with the zodiac.
    What do you guys think?
  • Options
    DarrellRBeebeDarrellRBeebe Posts: 663 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Maybe the medieval kit will be more like museum type stuff, relics and pieces of history you sometimes see in a city, not something meant to turn our games into a fully medieval setting. To do that I think an EP would be more suitable.
    The item we voted for was a Medieval castle build kit, so I'm guessing we'll get just a smattering of build/buy items that are castle related rather than "museum" stuff (although I wouldn't say no to that, either!). I'd fully support a medieval GP or EP, gladly, as I think there would be a great deal of versatility for such a pack, but with the Sims 4's lifespan probably coming to a close in the next year or two, I'm not holding my breath.
  • Options
    _DelilahsRose__DelilahsRose_ Posts: 289 Member
    edited August 2023
    @Amavari I just thought of this, since we have horses now, JOUSTING! Your sim can practice jousting and level up and challenge people-maybe even win money. That would be such a cute idea to go with the medieval theme!
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,818 Member
    edited August 2023
    I so want a medieval world and the aspect to time travel. Historical Clothing is my thing too. Everyone rants about wanting unicorns but I feel like I am the only one that wants Pegasus. I love that we have mermaids, but I want winged Sirens too. I have elves with the vampire pointed ears but I really want Elves to be their own occult thing, with their own world. At the moment I used Glimmerbrook and Henford -on -Baglley.
    I saw there was a pack dedicated to this and while it looks great, it's like playing old games is not fun now. I would like to incorporated it in this game.

I look forward to the new kits we voted on and they are in this vein.

I wish they could make a festival like a Renaissance festival, similar to spooky party, and the get together clubs, at say the castle ruins. I do something similar at the moment, but its so hard and endless hours I might as well give up my day job and become a game developer. Takes the joy out of it. Would be cute if everyone just showed up in theme to the festival or event like spooky party.
    Post edited by LeucosiaX on
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I usually use spellcasters as elves and as wizards for the same reason, and for my Inheritance cycle (Eragon) and Lord of the Rings themed characters, and use vampire for my dark elves and evil characters.

I also tend to give them all the "natural world" based powers the various packs have released, I do look forward to fairys for another occult option.. but I'd /really/ like a proper dragon that you can add to your family..

If they want to go for modern realism I'm fine with a Renaissance festival themed pack with armor and clothing and archery and jousting.. sword fighting (!!!) preferably with a shield on the off hand.. things along those lines, all I really need for my medieval world is clothing, though dragon statues and things along those lines would be nice too.

There are so many dragon age teases in game now that I really just want some Templar, Warden, and Seeker armor and chantry robes and decorations lol..

And wizard/mage robes.. and medieval period clothing.. of course if there is armor for heroic knights there needs to be a dark lord.. and I want this for my vampires >.>

eIP63zC.jpeg
    0wPzN58.jpeg
    Post edited by Amavari on