Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you download from the Store?

For me the problem started yesterday. I was already logged in, my user name was visible. But every time I clicked the "download" button (yes I owned it) a window would pop up wanting me to log in. I would, using copy and paste as I normally do, so there was no error with typing the wrong key.

But each time, the little window would just pop open again, asking me to log in. I even tried a different browser and no luck. Even checked my email to ensure no suspicious activity. Can anybody else download or is it just me?

Comments

• Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    Try going to your purchase history and downloading from there.

• Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    hi Bklienhart, thank you for responding! yep, downloading from purchase history is what I've been doing, with no luck. Gave up and haven't played.

Had a half hour before I needed to leave for an appointment, so thought I'd try again. Still didn't work. Was told "you don't own Riverview". lol After that, I googled "EA sims3 bug report" cos figured it was time to contact customer support. And also reminded my computer that it could be sold for scrap.

:* it decided to download and install Riverview, yay! :D
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    @stickykisses I've been having a similar problem lately. Things won't download and there's a message saying that I can't install the content. I just ignore and try again, again and again until it works. Sometimes, a little cool-off helps as well.

To be frank, try to make a backup of your favorite store items. I have two or three backups around, but I often download things again, specially because I prefer to cherry-pick the items I'll use.
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    Backups doesn't always work. I had backups of everything downloaded years ago. Now none of them show as valid downloads and the launcher won't install them.
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member
    edited May 2023
    @bklienhart
    I know the store files downloaded in Origin will not work with the launcher with a full disk install to 1.67. It wouldn't surprise me if there is the same issue with the EA App.
  • Options
    JustSheeaaJustSheeaa Posts: 5 New Member
    Sometimes you have to back out of the store and go back in and try over and over again to get it to work. It is a real pain. I will be happy when I have all mine finished!
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 689 Member
    I'm not sure but I remember once when this happened to me, I had to clear Internet explorer's caches. Then the launcher would work properly. Could this help?
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    bklienhart wrote: »
    Backups doesn't always work. I had backups of everything downloaded years ago. Now none of them show as valid downloads and the launcher won't install them.

That sucks, I didn't know that. Mine have always worked. :-(
    Right now, the store has a bunch of images not showing here.
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,443 Member
    edited May 2023
    All of this talk is scaring me. I had to uninstall everything to go back down to the 1.67 version and have yet to redownload all of my stuff from the store or finish using up my simpoints...be back soon to see what's up (if I can get my store stuff downloaded and installed). :/

ETA: I was able to download everything, but I had to switch from Chrome to Edge.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member
    @ts1depot
    Glad you were able to get copies of all your store items installed.
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,443 Member
    edited May 2023
    @texansky Thanks. I think anyone having trouble might want to try and switch browsers.

Another thing: some time ago, I had an issue viewing parts of this site (where I kept getting the error page).It turned out that I needed to restart my router. I don't mean pressing the reset button. I mean turning it off, unplugging it and letting it sit there for awhile (in my case, overnight) before plugging it back in. I don't remember what issue it fixed, but I remember being able to view the site afterwards.
    Post edited by ts1depot on
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited May 2023
    jaletu2005 wrote: »
    I'm not sure but I remember once when this happened to me, I had to clear Internet explorer's caches. Then the launcher would work properly. Could this help?

only thing I didn't try @jaletu2005 , thank you!!

After about a week, I was able to download as normal. But a few days ago, the inability to download started again. But it only lasted for one night. Who knows.

I've just been gradually adding in all the Store stuff, almost done. And figured I'd make a backup after that.

bklienhart wrote: »

@bklienhart At some point after the series ended, one of the devs went back and tidied up. Moved things around, included items in the base game which had never been there before. Changed a few other things. So that might be why your Store content that you had downloaded years ago failed to install.