Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When you want to play but the app is down :( ( Open now )

kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,091 Member
There isn't a workaround to launch the game right? I tried to google but it dosen't seem like it :(
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited May 2023
    Aaah so thats what is wrong. I played a few minutes ago. Then I exited to make a baby outfit. I tried loading the game to test it, but it would not load my saves saying I own no packs. I exited and tried again then it kept saying my internet is not connected, so I gave up and shut down and is binge watching Brooklyn 9 9 now ;)
  • Options
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Aaahso thats what is wrong. I played a few minutes ago. Then I exited to make a baby outfit. I tried loading the game to test it, but it would not load my saves saying I own no packs. I exited and tried again then it kept saying my internet is not connected, so I gave up and shut down and is binge watching Brooklyn 99 now ;)

Yeah I see that the app has issues now. Started about an hour ago. I've never watched Brooklyn 99, do you recommend? I've been having a hard time finding a new serie after finishing The X-files
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I have also finished x files and before that Bones :) I definetly recommend Brooklyn nine-nine. Its AweSim ;)

Edit to add. Chuck and the Mentalist is good too :)
  • Options
    mcrudd wrote: »
    I have also finished x files and before that Bones :) I definetly recommend Brooklyn nine-nine. Its AweSim ;)

Edit to add. Chuck and the Mentalist is good too :)

I've seen The Mentalist and really enjoyed it, Bones I never finished the first season, but meaning to go back. Thanks for great suggestions :)
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Huge pleasure. Hopefully tomorrow the app will be up and running again. Enjoy your binge watching till then ;)
  • Options
    Thank you I will :)
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,762 Member
    edited May 2023
    There seems to be connectivity issues.
  • Options
    MblivMbliv Posts: 1 New Member
    Server functionality is back up it seems, I've managed to just log in a minute ago
  • Options
    Mbliv wrote: »
    Server functionality is back up it seems, I've managed to just log in a minute ago

Thank you I managed to log back in again too :)
  • Options
    logion wrote: »
    There seems to be connectivity issues.

Lucky it didn't last very long :)
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,465 EA Community Manager
    edited May 2023
    Closing this down as issues have been resolved.
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    Hey folks,

Looks like we're investigating issues around logins again as of now.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    Game needs to be available offline.
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Looks like we're investigating issues around logins again as of now.

• Options
    MarkooshMarkoosh Posts: 108 Member
    I miss the times when I bought Sims and I owned it. I couldn't renew my home internet for 2 weeks, so when I wanted to enjoy Sims on my free time it says I have to connect to the internet to play an offline game... and now the app itself is shutdown. I hate EA with a passion.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,744 Member
    Today the App is not loading, and on the EA Help Site there is a yellow popup saying they have problems and I might not be able to log into online mode.

Thing is that I always switch to offline mode, and the app itself is not something I care a lot about. So, I'm not trying to get into online mode, but to make my game running...

I have a desktop icon, but it only tries to start the app, which gives a message that it lost its connection, and must be restarted. Well, restarting it makes nothing happen, and I can't see any other way to start my game. It feels quite bad if I can not run my game offline unless the online app is working...?

Anyone?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,360 Member
    You select offline mode through the app. If the app is down you can't select it. I believe. Maybe @EA_Cade can confirm.
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,750 Member
    edited May 2023
    Having fought with Offline mode for weeks after the last update, I can say with relative certainty that you need to log into the EA App online in order to switch it to offline mode (and after about an hour of inactivity offline mode errors out anyway "because it cannot connect"). EA Customer Service was unable to offer me any guidance or assistance with it when I reached out to them.

I guess all we can do is wait.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,744 Member
    You select offline mode through the app. If the app is down you can't select it. I believe. Maybe @EA_Cade can confirm.

Yea, that's what I normally do. It just feels so wrong not being allowed to play the game in offline mode because the app is down... I'm not using online services.

The last few days noticed the app crashing while my game was running, and I could keep playing my game as normal. I think they need to offer a way to start it on a computer with no internet...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 335 Member
    How annoying. We really should be able to play the game without the EA app. I usually go to offline mode as soon as I load the app, but when the app doesn't load...
  • Options
    DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    Yeah I’m so annoyed right now got on this morning and now I'm back to it for some reason thinking I’m not connected to the internet when I am have tried to reset the app and update it. It still thinks I’m offline it’s my day off too so I would have liked to play shame it doesn’t work the way the old games did with disc. 😞
  • Options
    cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    UK here. Mine's working again.
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    I found a workaround. Turn off your internet and then click on your Sims icon (not anything in the ap). Mine just started my game fine.
  • Options
    Hey all,

The issues have now been resolved. Thread re-closed.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top