Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Having Kids While I'm Away

So first let me say, I have auto aging and autonomy off. But recently I've have three sim families, which I play on rotation, be pregnant but then while I'm in another household they give birth autonomously! Which is frustrating because they get these random names! Why is this happening and how can I then change these kids names??

Side note, I as off building a house for a sim family and in my absence they had their baby! Now I can't move them in. Can you not move households while there are babies in the house?
Go Raps!
canada-flag-tiny.gif

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    Pregnancy is 3 days whether you're playing the sim or not. If you want to be with the sim when they give birth, make sure you're playing them 3 days after they conceive.

(If the issue is they're conceiving on their own via a mod or Neighborhood Stories, either adjust those settings so they can't any longer, or use the notifications to keep track and switch to the family in time. Like with Neighborhood Stories you can click on the mailbox to see what changes have happened since the last time you checked, and it will tell you if a family is getting ready for their baby to be born.)

Yeah, it's annoying that newborns are objects and can't be renamed or moved to another house! You can change the name and move house after aging the newborn up into an infant.
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member

Yeah, it's annoying that newborns are objects and can't be renamed or moved to another house!

That's the main thing I was hoping they changed with the update but alas... nope.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited March 2023
    Pregnancies don't pause when you play another household.

But if you want and can use mods, there is a setting in mccc that let's you choose the name of sims born in a household you are not currently playing. I have this option on and get a pop up every time a sim gives birth so I can choose the name.
    Side note, I as off building a house for a sim family and in my absence they had their baby! Now I can't move them in. Can you not move households while there are babies in the house?

Are you sure about that? How are you trying to move them? I think I was able to evict a household with a baby once from the neighbourhood screen and then move the household to a different lot. But it is quite a while ago so maybe the update changed it.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    MCCC also has an option to pause a pregnancy so the Sim won’t give birth while you play other households. I do think you can move a family with a newborn from manage households, I do it all the time (I don’t think the feature is from any mod I use).
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I play with aging off and rotationally, and pregnancies being 3 days really don't mesh well with my gameplay. I use a mod to make them longer, right now I've settled on 63 days (3 weeks per trimester) as it matches the seasons length the best.
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    I play with aging off and rotationally, and pregnancies being 3 days really don't mesh well with my gameplay. I use a mod to make them longer, right now I've settled on 63 days (3 weeks per trimester) as it matches the seasons length the best.

I used to have this mod but have since removed it as so many updated cause it to conflict with the game.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited March 2023
    when you play household time passes for all the households in the save not just the one you are playing naturally then in 3 days time the pregnant sim gives birth regardless of if they are played or not

as for names though i think you can change it once baby is infant and you can take them to cas

can't remember if cas fulleditmode cheat is needed for names tho

the way to avoid this all is really to just play the household until baby is born and switch household only after it

and yeah if its neighborhood stories babies then toggle neighborhood stories off in household management as that is just another level of baby chaos
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    I'm not sure if you're willing to use mods or not, but I have MCCC set where a pop-up comes up when one of my played sims gives birth, and I can pick the name for the baby even if I'm not playing that household at the time.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I have moved with babies in the past, but it has been a long time ( real life years ). I can’t remember if I put the baby with bassinet in the house inventory, or moved without doing that.