Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the best trait combination if you want to complete all collections in the game?

Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.

What is the best trait combination if you want to complete all collections in the game? 14 votes

Love outdoors / Loner / Geek
35%
MDianaSimsHopeyStarrTTNsimmerParkLisa97Skyrryx 5 votes
Love outdoors / Loner / Good
0%
Love outdoors / Loner / Genius
14%
kerryemmiebethEleri 2 votes
Love outdoors / Geek / Genius
21%
DarkLady2788LeccaStarfree 3 votes
Other (please explain below)
28%
crocobauragoodcakebaker62MonaveilCordeliaBeaufort 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,014 Member
    edited November 2022
    Loves outdoors for sure, I don’t know about loaner. One of my sims has cheerful, I can’t remember her 3rd quality, I think it might be family oriented. It is taking forever to update my game tonight. Geniuses like keeping their brain active with logic, things like chess…, that might help with rocket building skill and microscope prints. Self assured makes your sims confident a lot….. don’t know if that would help. I think I saw someone mention geek being good for it.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,515 Member
    edited November 2022
    I don't know about regular traits but I would recommend going for the aspiration trait that comes with the collector aspiration. I am talking about the extra trait when selecting an aspiration for a new sim. It can give more collectibles while digging and a higher chance for rare ones.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm...loner might make things difficult with the social aspirations. Having your sim being tense all the time because you have to be out in public to work on an aspiration might be irritating. Or it could be an interesting complication to work around, something to overcome. Depends on how you want to play it :)
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,396 Member
    A lot of my sims are collectors, and loves the outdoors is definitely helpful, but not necessary. I like adventurous trait because of them getting extra buffs just going to the park, lol. I'm not sure about geek either, it seems like they are the video gamer nuts and to do that you need to be indoors usually. I usually pick for the third trait, something like materialistic, which works good too. Usually I give them the Curator aspiration which motivates them to have the appropriate buffs, like wanting to find another fossil.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    CordeliaBeaufortCordeliaBeaufort Posts: 76 Member
    edited November 2022
    Good have no advantage since you rarely interact with other sims. Geek only give you advantage on gaming/programming skills, has nothing to do with collection aswell.
    If you want to complete all collections, your should be playing adventurer type of person. You will go through Jungles, dive deep seas in Sulani etc etc. For this reason, Athletic is way better than Geek or Good.
    Other than that, Loner is good for long days and nights without social interaction while you are hunting for insects in Granite Falls, Genius is great as it increases your gardening/fishing success rate. Loves Outdoor is very safe choice aswell.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 580 Member
    edited November 2022
    Love outdoors / Loner / Genius
    @Skyrryx What is the theory behind using Geek or Good for this?
    Post edited by Eleri on
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,530 Member
    That's a lot of collections to complete with just one sim. I don't think traits help that much depending on how you go about completing the collections. Some things you can just buy and some you can gift to your sim that collects stuff or just store collectable items from several sims in a museum. Personally, I prefer to work collections into my gameplay, so different sims for different stuff.
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    My Collector Sims start with a Nature aspiration like The Curator or Freelance Botanist so they get the bonus Collector trait. The personality traits I use for most of my Young Adults are Music Lover, Genius, and Ambitious. I've used this combination with many Sims, including Vlad, Brant, Caleb, and Salim, who have completed a lot of collections as well as aspirations and careers in various games.

Teens living on their own start with The Curator aspiration. They always start a small garden which unlocks the Freelance Botanist aspiration. Personality traits for teens are Music Lover and Loves Outdoors both of which keep them pretty happy in spite of starting out with nothing, including power if they're living off-the-grid.