Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Body hair is frighteningly bad and low quality. Back hair is even worse.

celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
edited July 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I come across this post to express how disappointed I am with the body hair that arrived with the july update.

In short, body hair is of very poor quality, and looks much more like scribbles, as if someone had taked a pencil and rubbed it against the skin.

The variation of body hair to chest and arms doesn't look too bad. But I feel that leg hair enhancements are needed.

EX3qPcK.png

Back hair, on the other hand, is just terrible, and I've seen many people in the community complaining about how ugly and low-quality it is. Sorry, but this looks nothing like body hair, but pencil scribbles.

l0VUhiH.png

This is especially frustrating when we come across a series of body hair made by modders on the internet, which are super cute and well made, and don't deviate so much from the aesthetic style of the game.

7AzIhSJ.jpg

There is even a post on Twitter talking about it, and it already has almost 2500 likes.

The Sims 3's body hair was much better in terms of quality than The Sims 4's, and that's pretty sad. Body hair is a feature the community has been asking for for so long, and when it finally arrives, it comes with a "ball pit" level of quality.

The quality is so poor that you can clearly see even the boundary line of body hair texture between the back and the arms.

54RJZTj.png

I have the utmost respect for the work of The Sims 4 producers, but the community definitely deserved better.
tenor.gif

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2022
    It has to do with the art style. The examples of better body hair you showed are considered alpha and does not fit the art style of the game. Sims 3 is also alpha.
    I personally never liked maxis match so I can't really comment on it. I'm a 100% alpha girl and will still be using my alpha body hair.
    But it's not that they "couldn't do it" it has to do with the style is all I'm saying. When they first mentioned body hair I wondered what it would look like in maxis style....
    The werewolf hair also looks very drawn on and cartoony. Not bad thing, it depends on your preferences.

One thing I will say is that they didn't give us "enough" body hair. Especially on the front of the sim. It needs to be filled in more imo.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Yeah. I have to agree. That's underwhelming compared to modders like Luumia, who they actually hired as a Cinematic Artist, surely he could have been assigned to help with it?

I'm not really getting the impression that they received much budget for this, sadly.
  • Options
    celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    edited July 2022
    It has to do with the art style. The examples of better body hair you showed are considered alpha and does not fit the art style of the game. Sims 3 is also alpha.
    I personally never liked maxis match so I can't really comment on it. I'm a 100% alpha girl and will still be using my alpha body hair.
    But it's not that they "couldn't do it" it has to do with the style is all I'm saying. When they first mentioned body hair I wondered what it would look like in maxis style....
    The werewolf hair also looks very drawn on and cartoony.

Sorry, but I don't think the quality of body hair necessarily has anything to do with not being alpha. It is entirely possible to make body hair in the visual style of the game, and for it to be beautiful and in good quality, but even the texture of the body hair is very low. :/

For example, I think the in-game hair is beautiful, as opposed to alpha hair. I also think Maxis Match hair is beautiful. So I think it's entirely possible to create something with a slightly better quality than what was delivered.

As I showed in an image, it is even possible to see the boundary line of the texture, which should not happen. :'(

tenor.gif
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I agree, but let's hope that better variations come with future packs.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I thought the back body hair looked bad also. :s However, I don't mind the arms/legs/chest body hairs, it reminds me of my beloved Sims 3 game. ;)<3
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited July 2022
    Personally I don't mind these for start ofcourse cc /modders always have everything more detailed and alpha for people into that but I'm just happy they added it at all

hopefully in future they'll add some more options id especially like to see something like that number 10 and 15 cause what we have is still kinda subtle for the hairy ones

and maybe like different hair textures cause its all the same
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Wow! That's the first time I saw the back hair and YIKES!!!

Is it just me, Does it look like the hair is growing sideways on the back to anybody else? Doesn't most body hair usually grow downwards?

I never planned on giving any of my sims back hair, so I won't have to look at that hot mess, and I can handle the chest/arm/leg hair if it means less CC I need in my game.

And it honestly looks better than what I pictured. In my mind I figured it would look like it was drawn on with a sharpie pen because of the art style and how everything in TS4 is soooooo big and exaggerated.

• Options
    LiebeslottchenLiebeslottchen Posts: 69 Member
    I am angry!
    EA has no respect for their customers. EA spends money and time on features that only a small (and loud) minority wants but when it comes to features that simply belong in a life simulation game they work sloppy, lacking effort.

The backhair is an effrontery! My six years old niece would have scribbled that better.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    I love that we now have body hair categories!
    I wish to put my Luumia V5+ catalogue in there….😅

Yes, I agree that the back hair looks rather frightening so I’m keeping my fingers crossed for better and more variations of bodyhair. I’m sure we’ll get them eventually. Another eight years ain’t so bad.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Honestly, I dont think Luumia's body hair to be that alpha-y. Like maybe a little bit it fits the style pretty well imo. I play Maxis Match with my mods and I never thought Luumia's body hair to be alpha.

As far as the body hair goes, it's not perfect and def could use improvement but its a start. If I recall correctly, the sims team was against tackling on body hair for a long time cause they weren't please with the designs they came up with and thought it would look jarring. But with the demand for body hair, they finally released something and while there can always be room for improvement + constructive critique at least it's here.

As a PC player myself Im just gonna wait until my mods are up to date with the new body hair system and use that. Hopefully we get more diverse designs in the future for CC-free users and console users.
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    I wanted to have higher expectations for what body hair would look like & I was underwhelmed.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I tried to give my female sim body hair so she could shave her legs and arms but it was like a horror show. I quite like it that it's garish enough to make you want to shave it off. Wish there was a similar incentive to get the nails done.
  • Options
    CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    This was probably the feature that I was the most excited about, I've been waiting a very long time for body hair. Then it looks like crayon scribbles made by a toddler. My disappointment was horrible. Just when I thought EA couldn't disappointment me any more than they did with Moonwood Mills and the trash everywhere else. They said "Hold my Juice" and gave us this body hair.

The one thing though, there is more hair options with the EP and if you choose a color a couple shades lighter than the black? The arm and leg hair is almost tolerable. I don't "hate" the chest hair, I just wish there were more options. I'll never use the back hair.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I really hope Luumia updates his body hair and does an override of what we got because I'm not a fan of their attempt at body hair it will be nice to have it not as a tattoo if he ever updates.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited August 2022
    Yeah, that's messed up! Broken wedding pack, overly-restricted werewolf pack, half-baked wants and fears, shallow active school attempt, body hair that looks worse than an amateur modding attempt, not to mention all the crazy bugs...It's like 2022 is the year of long-awaited game additions that turn out trifling!

If ever the community needed proof EA is trying to kill this franchise...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.