Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will there be an additional patch Wednesday before the My Wedding stories release ?

FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
I know we had a patch last week. I also thought I read they have been busy fixing some issues with the new pack. Does anyone know if we will get another patch tomorrow?

Comments

• Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 721 Member
    According to Simsie's stream she did a couple days ago, there will be a patch coming out the same day as the pack that should, hopefully, fix a decent amount of the bugs.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Freygea wrote: »
    I know we had a patch last week. I also thought i read they have been busy fixing some issues with the new pack/ Does anyone know if we will get another patch tomorrow?

I would assume, given that the patch will focus most specifically on the new game pack, that it will either be rolled into the pack download, or applied right after.
    While there are outstanding issues in the game itself, such as with the new Wedding Lot type, it just wouldn't make sense to apply the patch that is "mostly" for the new pack until the pack itself is released. Or those of us who do buy it would end up having to patch twice.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    Thank you both. I guess we will know more tomorrow.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    From what I heard, there should be a patch to fix a lot of the problems. Not sure when it will come out though I assume right around the time the game is released or how much or what will be fixed. We just have to wait and see.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    Luthienrising posted this in another thread:
    The patch will be out the same time as the new pack. I'm not even sure if it's a patch for everyone - I think it's only a patch for the version of the pack that GCs have, so it'll be the same as the release version rather than an earlier build.
    This makes sense to me, why release a buggy pack and then release a patch to fix it? Wouldn't it make more sense to release the pack with the bug fixes included and just release a patch for those who got the buggy early release? I'm not a gamer developer though so I don't know.

I'm not sure of the rules regarding quoting someone in a different thread than they posted in, so I hope I haven't done anything wrong!
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    If the patch is released separate, that gives me hope that there will be some patches for things that are not completely related to the game, like restaurants.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    There was a huge patch but as of 13:30 est, still no patch notes.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Felicity wrote: »

EA_Cade said there won't be any patch notes for that one.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Felicity wrote: »

EA_Cade said there won't be any patch notes for that one.

Huh. 1GB of [no comment]. I didn't get the pack, but it probably is just related to it anyway.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,296 Member
    Quote from EA_Cade in another thread
    There won't be any notes for this one. Just behind the scenes fixes.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/997821/new-update-2-23#latest