Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whelp, that was not ment to happen

MTS_xandrasama-1114566-facepalm.jpg

When you delete your save play by accident cause your not thinking right and realise you have to start all over.

:/

Oh well, nothing like a clean start again i guess
Romire - Australian Gamer
An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,438 Member
    This is exactly why I always keep a copy of my saves over in another location on my computer. I've done this in the past, so sorry for your loss.

I almost forgot, there is an option for a save recovery. It would be where you would load your game save. You might want to check to see if might still be there.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Did you just click the delete button? If that's what happened, you can recover it.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,123 Member
    yeah this is the moment ive been scared of since they switched those buttons in load game so close to each other
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    This is exactly why I always keep a copy of my saves over in another location on my computer. I've done this in the past, so sorry for your loss.

I almost forgot, there is an option for a save recovery. It would be where you would load your game save. You might want to check to see if might still be there.

Nope save not there :/
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,903 Member
    edited September 2021
    Romire wrote: »

When you delete your save play by accident cause your not thinking right and realise you have to start all over.

I am so very sorry. I almost deleted the wrong set of saves, in my attempt to clean the saves folder. (This is where it would truly be helpful if we could simply delete from the game menu while in game and that would delete it also from the internal saves folder. That way you would know exactly which save you were deleting. But, alas, that would be too easy, right?) :open_mouth: So, I have been there and done that. But, cheer up, sometimes that new start reaps great things! Wishing you all of the best!

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Romire wrote: »

I am so very sorry. I almost deleted the wrong set of saves, in my attempt to clean the saves folder. (This is where it would truly be helpful if we could simply delete from the game menu while in game and that would delete it also from the internal saves folder. That way you would know exactly which save you were deleting. But, alas, that would be too easy, right?) :open_mouth: So, I have been there and done that. But, cheer up, sometimes that new start reaps great things! Wishing you all of the best!

Oh well, a fresh start is a happy start
  • Options
    SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    Oh no!

I feel for you
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,072 Member
    Been there, done that, feel your pain.

On the bright side, now you get to make an even better fresh new start!
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options

sure does
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Oh no, sorry to hear that! I hope you hadn't spent too long on it. Hopefully your Sims and builds are saved to your gallery/library?

I agree with @AncientMuse though. I was rather upset recently when my save got corrupted. Luckily I'd saved my Sim to the library but not the house and community lots I had made! I've spent the last couple of days rebuilding them all, and they are even better than they were before. I'm looking forward to playing the new and improved version if my Sim's story.