Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

3 Little Building Features that STILL are missing from The Sims 4 after almost 7 years

celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
edited June 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Many important building features have come to The Sims 4 over the years, but there are 3 small building features that haven't made it into the game yet, and that would make a HUGE difference.

1. Ceiling Cladding

AZio2X2.jpg

This feature was first introduced in The Sims 2 Apartment Life, and has been present in The Sims 3 since the base game.

I can't stand working on several buildings anymore, and they all have exactly the same white ceiling.

Even youtuber lilsimsie can't take it anymore, and she talked about it in a video. She even pointed out that the roof of the temples from Selvadorada has a different cladding, but we, the players, cannot customize the ceiling.

How long will we have to wait for this feature? It's time for that to be added to the game. Please.

2. Individual Railings

HuvRLWQ.jpg

I want to be able to choose which side of the stairs I want to add a railing to. Currently, The Sims 4 adds railings in pairs, and that gets in the way of us too much when we are doing certain types of construction.

That's one of the reasons we need individual railings. Can you see the part of the railing crossing the wall? This happens with the railing that came with the Oasis Kit, and similar things happen in other situations.

2FQDv2P.jpg

When modular stairs were launched, one person even mentioned that it was impossible to make a staircase for palaces because automatic railings in pairs added extra fences to the staircase, closing the building.

Producer @SimGuruGraham responded by saying that he would also like individual railings, but so far ... nothing.

gy9tpMx.jpg

Honestly, I loved the modular stairs, but they don't work as well as possible because of the railings in pairs.

3. Round pools

e9RY1ia.jpg

Round pools is a wish of many players, and unfortunately it is not present in the game. It is a feature that would make a lot of difference as well.

tenor.gif
Post edited by celipoesias on

Comments

• Options
    AbsafraginlootlyAbsafraginlootly Posts: 34 Member
    All these are nice touches for a build but I would particularly appreciate being able to place stair railings section by section, and to choose whether it mirrors on the other side.
    Rather than just choose between all or nothing.
  • Options
    GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    Build mode is severely lacking a lot of things. These three are just the top of the iceberg.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Those auto railings also bug me, especially when I see them poking through the wall.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I would love to see the return of ALL of these things!

Also, spiral stairs, they are so needed to reduce the foot print.

I would also like the ability to remove just one tile of flooring without the entire floor being destroyed or having to enclose a "small room" to delete the portion I want.

• Options
    Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,116 Member
    There's a lot of things to improbe in build mode:

-Attic tool: a tool that allow us to create rooms in the roofs, similar to basements but inside the roofs and full compatible with staircases
    -Auto roofs: another tool for roofs, to fix the roofs with one click
    -Roof gutters: only the owners of Get Together can have gutters/drainpipes
    -Spiral staircase: possible it will be included with a pack and also as a free update
    -Natural ponds: non fountain, just ponds and a sort for aquatic plants
    -Foundations trims: yes/no
    -Swimming pool items: normal board, slide and bar
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    That's one of the reasons we need individual railings. Can you see the part of the railing crossing the wall? This happens with the railing that came with the Oasis Kit, and similar things happen in other situations.

2FQDv2P.jpg
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Round pools would be so nice pools have been so ignored forever besides that hideous diving platform from Get Together way back in 2015 and the pool water colors they have complete ignored the pool and while they give us round pools they should toss in a normal diving board and pool slide and can I have shallow and deep end on my pools with steps.

It would be nice if they added in a pond tool which is also a feature we have always had even better if they would make them swimmable seeing as they refuse to update water in older worlds also working garage doors even if we don't have cars I still want garages.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Unfortunately, the railings have always been like that since the beginning. It's a very, very old glitch that was never fixed.
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    I agree with individual stair railings and round pools. Ceiling cladding isn’t that important to me. I didn’t use it much in TS3.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    one thing that is lately driving me crazy is when i edit apartment and the outside walls turn into dry wall or something or the windows glitch out and i can't fix it because its "not allowed to edit"

like i get it you don't want me to change those things but really tho so frustrating

also how some of the lots have pools but if you remove the pool you can't have pool in same spot again in that save cause "not allowed" rule :expressionless:

oh. and i also have stuck mailbox outside my lot cause it jumped there when i was terrain editing which is fun fun :blush:

just so done with the things being immediately uneditable and undestroyable off lot
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    Good points being made her. I just wanted to add that the pond tool is also still mising.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I agree with the Ceiling Textures.

My Priority is More Floors. Orginally we could only build 3 floors high, and now we can build four floors high. I want to Keep going tho, Perhaps 5- 7 Floors high!

Again Trying to build more and more elaborate castles. and Currently right now, mine are exceptional, but I really want that main tower to be the dominating feature of my builds.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I agree with the Ceiling Textures.

My Priority is More Floors. Orginally we could only build 3 floors high, and now we can build four floors high. I want to Keep going tho, Perhaps 5- 7 Floors high!

Again Trying to build more and more elaborate castles. and Currently right now, mine are exceptional, but I really want that main tower to be the dominating feature of my builds.

Create taller buildings would be something really amazing!
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    MashamakMashamak Posts: 10 New Member
    I can’t believe that we STILL can’t place walls on half a tile!!! Like that shouldn’t be something that you have to get mods for, what do the creators have against placement on half tiles?? This would change and upgrade my builds soooooo much!