The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Placing empty lots on water.

ren_sibal123ren_sibal123 Posts: 86 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
Since island paradise was fewer empty houses and lots than sunset valley. So i decided on the sea. But u wonder whats happening whe i placed here? Also it can be a houseboat?
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    The new lot will be like a small island
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,935 Member
    Here is what I built on a 64x64 lot I placed in the ocean. I didn't do anything with terrain tools on this one yet. Later I did and added a beach to one side and gave it a spot where a boat can be moored.

Screenshot-261.jpg

Or I could have used terrain tools to turn it into something that looks a lot more like an island.
  • Options
    ren_sibal123ren_sibal123 Posts: 86 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    Here is what I built on a 64x64 lot I placed in the ocean. I didn't do anything with terrain tools on this one yet. Later I did and added a beach to one side and gave it a spot where a boat can be moored.

Screenshot-261.jpg

Or I could have used terrain tools to turn it into something that looks a lot more like an island.

Cool....looks like a minecraft ....hehehe
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited October 2020
    I have made tutorials on it,very simple.

Drop lot size you like from world editor in edit town This is in Barnacle Bay

SyjQBit.png

Use terrain paint to draw out your desired island shape

With your lower terrain tool follow your edge of your drawing lowering it far below sea level

efsLEcj.png

You will have something like below,remember you can make it realistic by raising terrain adding hill area etc but this is a simple tutorial

jUZLWUG.png

Use terrain paints like rock for realism on your edge

jla3v93.png

Leave areas where you can make a beach to swim at in low shallows

57uPb3t.png

Start design it's topical details like grass sand etc

TUacdWV.png

Add trees and plants

IlbmsrL.png

Aerial view to show a simple hut shape

HCfMbLg.png

Add a thatch style pattern roof

JWS1O86.png

Windows and doors plus a few bamboo beach lounge chairs

uc2TzDd.png

So easy (A view from the BB shoreline)

B7rGUYk.png

This is a cut you can do for more realism,chop a section off seperated from the main island

fAOLWBK.png

c0SFXvN.png

g5wzhWY.png

iyi5chO.png

Finished product with side cut as shown This is in Sunset Valley

dLt3Z5G.png

Make stuff like this when you get better

aCVJZcR.png

pCQAyms.png

This is the interior of my above jungle hut,so awesome to live in solitude and peace on your private island

YhR87uI.png

v4YUZG7.png

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,381 Member
    @CravenLestat I was just looking for this the other day. Thanks :heart:
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    2 Things in case you guys are interested

Your Island can be saved and used in other worlds

Same as regular flat ground lots you can save a copy of your island to your library and place in in other worlds water like BB+SV+ST+IP whatever one has water.The only issue can be if it was super shallow but even then it is just a small lower of terrain in like a spot or two but your hard work on your favorite islands is not a one time deal.

What you do is simple place your empty square lot of same size be it 40x40 whatever size you used on water where you want it same as in step one above then simply lay your island lot on top of it it will revert to your built island saved from your library :p

Sand in sims 3 is not decoration terrain

The sand you draw is real sand not many people realize this or think about it.Your sim can play in it,build castles etc on the sand you painted.

*This is also how you can make cool custom sand boxes for your kids.Build a frame be it square octagon whatever with the low border fence you have in build mode like for landscaping flowerbeds in your backyard.Afterwards terrain paint the inside with sand your adult and child sims will play in it as normal.*

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Mentioned above

A quick custom sandbox you can make them however you want but sims like them and get fun from it adults too.

Empty boring yard

g9wL16J.png

Added the low border fence just a 2x2 and colored it something colorful kids would like.You can use what you prefer and leave it wooden brick whatever.

uZFqizd.png

A complete square (you can use what shape you want I usually use octagon or square)

iE1CQuW.png

Terrain sand paint is real sand use it to fill your sand box

maPs7uU.png

I added a swing set and spring rider for a fun kid play area.Also the outdoor lights on your sand box look great at night if your kids wanna play at night.

OL4yvxI.png

I personally add a toy or two for aesthetic purpose it looks good and will not get in your sims way

This is an adult sim,she made that sand castle thing and is throwing sand in the air playing.

tlHkNfO.png

Hope you guys enjoyed and make cute play areas of your own.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited October 2020
    @CravenLestat Thank you for all of that information. I am now seriously considering saving one of the islands my sim discovered in IP, that is entirely made on one lot, and placing it somewhere, just to see how well it would work.

I like the sandbox idea. The sandboxes in the game, except for the large one, box of beach, or something like that, always glitch so the children can no longer play in them, and you have to buy them a new one. Your custom sandbox would certainly not have that issue.

Regarding terrain paints, did you know that if you place a household with horses on a lot with rock terrain paint, the horses can't graze there? I placed a household with horses in Cape Garner Island, on a high lot overlooking the ocean. The ground was greenish, but my horses couldn't graze. I finally realized it was rock paint, so I painted the whole lot with grass, and then the horses could graze.
    Post edited by IreneSwift on
  • Options
    @IreneSwift I've never had a problem with sandboxes. How long does it take them to glitch in your games? I tend to grab whichever sandbox I can find and rarely use the box of beach.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @Karritz I can't really say how long it takes, as it's been awhile since I've had one of the small ones, but it doesn't usually take very long.
  • Options
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    @Karritz I can't really say how long it takes, as it's been awhile since I've had one of the small ones, but it doesn't usually take very long.

That's sad. I've never had a problem that I've noticed and I tend to do terrible things to my games and if they were going to glitch they should in my games. I often have teens hanging out in them and children playing in them too. They make all sorts of castles and throw sand and are quite active.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top