Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hidden Child Challenge

The Background:
You are young and have just moved into town. One night, a stranger with astonishing eyes sweeps you off your feet. The next morning, he is gone, a note left in his stead. It reads:
I had to leave to keep you both safe. I am sorry. My DNA has been enhanced, I was recruited to be a superior soldier. Last night, I utilised my skills to flee but I can not stay. The military is looking. Live well and take care of our child, keep him safe, keep him hidden.
You raise the child, tutoring him at home and soon meet a new man with whom you start a family. His work forces him to leave for long periods of time and you struggle to juggle the children running underfoot and keeping your secret from them and the world.
18 years later:
There is a letter in the mail yet the stamp is absent. A single sentence is printed on a sheet of white paper; it is over, he is safe. Delighted, you run to the son who has been hidden for his entire life. His life and his freedom await.

Startup:
-Make a female sim in CAS (family orientated traits, logic and a home money earning trait, e.g. for fishing, gardening or painting is advisable). Set the life time wish to raise 5 children from babies to teenagers.
-If you want, make the two male sims in CAS too which will father the children.
-Build a house with a room in either the basement or the roof where the hidden child will have all he needs (toys, bathroom, bed etc.).

Rules:
-No sim can be in the basement with the child except the original female sim and toddlers or younger (as they won't remember).
-No progression towards skills that you will be using for the challenge e.g. logic may be made until the sim has conceived the first child.
-The first child cannot leave their room at any time until they become a young adult (lock the door to allow only the mother entry).
-Once the first child is born, find a partner as quickly as possible (you are not allowed to leave the house until the house is a child) and conceive a second child.
-You must have a total of 5 children, in as quick a succession as possible, the baby must be born before its older sibling becomes a child.
-The father can only come over when you are trying to conceive and may not be asked to stay or to leave.
-You may not hire a babysitter, other services are allowed provided they do not need to enter the hidden child's room. E.g. You can not call a repairmen to repair the child's broken shower.
-You must tutor the child, he can not go to school.
-The hidden child cannot contribute towards household funds, but other children can.

The aim:
A) Raise all children and complete the lifetime wish of the mother
B) Raise the hidden child to adulthood and allow him to find his own way in the world (must move him out of the house with earnt money)

That's the challenge. Would love to hear some opinions on it, I just trialed it myself and the hidden child has become an adult. I was able to pick all his traits and he earned a B and A as a child and teen, respectively. There were periods that had an D and once an F. He had mastered the logic skill and was partway to completing his life time wish (master of body and mind).

If you decide to play the challenge, good luck and have fun.

Comments

• Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm going to try this as soon as I finish judging these 2 contests.

I love challenges. Can't wait to start.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited November 2015
    I will have to try this challenge soon.
    Post edited by ChelleJo on
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    BobboBobbo Posts: 1,471 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sounds very interesting. But I have a question. If the hidden child can not go to school, how do you get their grade to raise to an A or B and not be taken away when they are a child?

Perhaps you are expected to use mods.
  • Options
    Makayla_MakaPakaMakayla_MakaPaka Posts: 771 Member
    No, if a sim has a high Logic level - I think it's 5 or higher - they can tutor child and teen sims to raise their school grade.
  • Options
    Clarebear0630Clarebear0630 Posts: 9 New Member
    I love the back story it so good. Kinda sounds like the guy would be captain america. Did you watch captain america or marvel avengers before doing this. LOL
  • Options
    huskylove210huskylove210 Posts: 447 Member
    I wish this challenge had more recognition. It sounds cool :)
    anigif_enhanced-23112-1413395667-10.gif

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited November 2015
    I still would like to try this challenge.

p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I tried to do this in My Sims 2 game, I have the Winston family, they had 4 boys, the little girl locked away was from the affair the wife had with the male maid, could not pretend it was the husbands though, since the family is of white skin and the baby was darker skin, but the problem I had was I just could not keep her locked up, I got to toddler age, and broke, it just felt wrong to me to keep such a beautiful baby locked away, and to top it off, when the husband saw the child cause I had the mother bring her downstairs, he did absolutely nothing, like she was part of his family and that was that, So I would of lost this challenge for sure, cause I do not have the heart to lock away a child of any age, it is just not in me, I was going to try this on the Sims 4, but I can do the affair part, even though I like My families to be true to their spouses, it just the lock up child part I can not do, :(
  • Options
    biglil711biglil711 Posts: 162 Member
    I am totally confused. I saw a different version and trying that one. Only question is how is the baby fed when the husband is home because challenge says mother can't care for the child when her husband is home.