Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Another thing that is annoying

What the heck is it, when a sim is sleeping in their own bed. no matter who it is that is up and decides to read walks into the sleeping sims room and reads there. Drives me nuts!
while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,003 Member
    Sounds like a carry-over problem from university. :open_mouth: Lock the door!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Sims are social creatures. They like to be around those they care about.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,625 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Yeah, this is so cute sometimes but very annoying at other times :D
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Yeah, this is so cute sometimes but very annoying at other times :D

I'm trying to imagine what my daughter would say if I came and sat on her bed eating my lunch right now while she's doing her homework. I'm thinking it wouldn't be great for building family togetherness :D
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    They'll do this with a lot of things for me, I've had them take meals all the way upstairs and eat on the bed just cause someone else is also in the room :u
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    I agree with everyone of you, but gee it's like the deverlopers go out of their way at time just to drive us nuts.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Pipersfun2 wrote: »
    I agree with everyone of you, but gee it's like the deverlopers go out of their way at time just to drive us nuts.

It does feel that way at times. I guess I'm just ued to it because they do this in Sims 2 as well. Granted, they don't eat on the bed or in the bathroom while partner number 2 is taking a '2', but they still follow each other around and like to sit next to sleeping sims on their beds.

I basically concluded a long time ago that the developers think something is 'cute' or 'funny' without taking into consideration that initial jokes eventually become more annoying than anything else in the end.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member

ROFL

Seems like a bug @Pipersfun2, happens the same in my game.

The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • Options
    @Fonxi121994 I totally agree with you.
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    It happens in my game too and I also get tired of it. And when I tell them to put some food away but they sit down first then do it
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I gotta ask is the bed the most comfortable furniture near the bookcase? Is the bookcase closer to the bed?
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    @miss_Creative48 I so understand you that is another thing that has become very old.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    It happens in my game too and I also get tired of it. And when I tell them to put some food away but they sit down first then do it
    I'm gonna go mad if the putting things away bug isn't fixed in the Tuesday patch. Been happening ever since I got Get Together.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I guess they just need to tweak it so that sims won't try to be near sims who are asleep, or sims using bladder/hygiene items. The rest of the time is probably acceptable. Woohoing sims can learn to lock the door :p
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member

No not at all. I don't think developers initially put bugs into the game.

Have you ever done game development?

You would understand how intricate the process is.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    What annoys me is when Im trying to Woohoo in a house.. sometimes massive houses and other sims in the house decide to go into the room to socialize or read
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
  • Options
    RollTide156789RollTide156789 Posts: 34 Member
    Sims are basically like pets. They do whatever they want
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Ever since the patch when we got the greeting actions based on relationship status, my sims have been walking across entire lots just to wave at someone they know. And I can't cancel it because it's not shown as an action, and if I give them something else to do they won't do it until after they've greeted the other sim. It doesn't matter if the other sim is sleeping or using the bathroom, they'll still barge right in on them and make them both embarrassed. I really hope this is fixed in the upcoming patch.
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Sometimes it gets very very awkward :D Like when a sim walks in on a sim using a bathroom lol
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sounds like a carry-over problem from university. :open_mouth: Lock the door!

Huh? :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

No not at all. I don't think developers initially put bugs into the game.

Have you ever done game development?

You would understand how intricate the process is.

@Aussie_Simmer very true I took a class many, many okay enough on years but you are very right. I was venting.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I hate this, and I hate this even more when a loner sim does this. I'm a loner myself, I don't go to eat on the sofa because my sister's friend is there watching TV... I'd rather go to eat in my bedroom alone in a situation like this.
  • Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    C'mon guys! That's that family play they threw in there you guys don't like it?? All jokes aside it is VERY annoying I would just prefer for them to go do whatever it is they're doing at the closes logical place.
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,741 Member
    Maybe put the bookshelf somewhere far away from the bedroom, like the living room?
    I don't get my sims to read so I am not seeing this problem but my sims tend to go to the bedroom with a plate of food if there's another sim in there who is not sleeping. If someone is sleeping, of course, they would just eat in the kitchen.
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif