Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 "In Time Expansion" pack

Hey there!
So I have been thinking and I thought that the sims 3 "Into the future" Expansion pack was very nice so I thought I might make a suggestion for a pack like it for the sims 4

The Expansion pack:

The expansion "In Time" Will basically be like into the future, you will be able to go to the future possibly in some other futures but I thought that maybe going into the PAST would be a good idea too. Basically you will be able to go to different futures and different pasts.

The Future:

I think that there should be 3 different types of futures that your sim can travel to, and here they are.

- Modern (15 years into the future) Basically a place with lots of modern buildings and modern cars.
- Technology Arises (50 years into the future) A place with jetpacks, hover boards, robots and a lot of futuristic stuff.
- Oasis Landing (100 years into the future) (You probably know this from the sims 3) A very beautiful place with high tech technology and colourful flowers and most of the people you will meet are robots.

The Past:

Same thing with the futures, I think there your sim should be able to travel to three different stages of the past.

- The 80's (200 years into the past) A place with very low technology, very bad quality computers and bad quality houses.
- Medieval Times (500 years into the past) A place with no technology, people use horses to get around and people die early.
- War (1000 years into the past) A place where people shoot each other and where war takes place (Chances are very high that your sim will die)

How your sims time travel:

Your sims will have to buy a time machine from build mode and build it up. Your sim will need to have a lvl 5 Logic skill and a lvl 5 Handiness skill in order to build it. Once finished your sim will have the option to Travel to.. when they click on it.

Your sim will also be able to do quests to earn treasure or simoleons.

New Traits:

Born Tinkerer
Your sim will be able to build robots/craft weapons much better than other sims and hardly get tired when doing so.

Time Traveler
Your sim loves to time travel and will get bored if they do not time travel for a while.

New Aspirations:

What does the future hold?
Your sim want's to visit all 3 futures.

Rocking with the oldies
Your sim wants to visit all the pasts

Made the most of my time
Your sim wants to visit all futures and all pasts

New skills:

Tinkerer
Your sim gains this skill by creating robots/crafting weapons

Mysticism
Your sim gains this skill by reading other sims's futures (Takes a lot of practise to lvl up and unlocks new options when levelling up)

New Careers:

Soldier (Military)

Archeologist

New World:

Flowing Sands

Flowing Sands is a world with lots of very nice houses but also with some very poor houses.
The world also comes with a wasteland/desert where sims can go digging for fossils, Artefacts, Treasure and possibly some old weapons worth a lot of money.

New Deaths:

Too Much Time Travel

Death By War

Let me know what you think! :)

Comments

• Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    I love love loveee this idea !! Futuristic themes are so good !!

Makes me want to watch Back To Future now haha
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member
    War would give you an M rating
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    They work hard keeping the ratings for teens and up, though it softens the game, I really don't think they want to change it
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    Except for the war part, it does sound fun, I was wishing they had done more with the alien travel and execution in the science career and space travel, and in the time machine travel in S3, my time travel Sim always had kids from other time periods show up, and their family was always at max with strange kids, one time they even had an elder son that was so old that he died before she even had her first baby in the present.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    shionnyashionnya Posts: 44 Member
    Your idea is so good!! I love it!

Also could make the game more interesting if there's a chance (it's not to be mean tho) that your sim was stuck somewhere someplace because his skills aren't good enough and he fails... like being 1 day off from present time (or any others) while he's going/coming back or something.
    Or... he could unlock the different time worlds also depending his skill level.
    Other thing it could be cool is it was a secret time-place, where no one get older or something unexpected, but maybe is ask too much?

About the new traits: "time traveler" could have an adventage: a longer life, just for few days at least. We could add some more for example "not good with high tech" or that kind of thing.
  • Options
    Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member
    It would be fun If our sims can see themselves in the future or they parents in the past! :)
    I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

• Options
    HeXaDaastHeXaDaast Posts: 4 New Member
    Seems like fun, except the war part. (Also, I don't think guns existed 1000 years ago. Bows did, but most of the time swords, spears etc were used) Perhaps have something like cavemen? Or choosing a time period to live in from the beginning. Or when a person is traveling in time very often the people you know will notice that you are aging quicker (They might not know you are traveling in time). Just a few extra ideas. ;)
  • Options
    spivoskispivoski Posts: 299 Member
    That would be one massive EP. I'd buy it.
  • Options
    RollTide156789RollTide156789 Posts: 34 Member
    Hopefully something like this will come out.
  • Options
    JaysWrxldJaysWrxld Posts: 618 Member
    Sounds good. But i think it shou ld go back to times like the 2000s then 80s, then 50s then 20s then medival. But not war.
  • Options
    EmperorDittoEmperorDitto Posts: 128 Member
    This is a great idea and hopefully means the return of Simbot and/or Plumbot too.
  • Options
    spockellespockelle Posts: 9 New Member
    This! Minus the war bit. I'd love to see my ancestors.
  • Options
    ilovekittens189ilovekittens189 Posts: 33 New Member
    This is an awesome idea, but war seems a bit extensive and graphic. Having time machines could bring up new careers and the ability to save sims.