Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't load any families

All I did was add some tents and other equipment to one of the campsites. I had already played a family at the site and returned them home. Everything was just fine. But once I put some tents and stuff there, it won't let me load any families at all. I click on a house, and all it does after a minute is switch me to a different world. I don't have any mods or CC, so I don't know what the problem could be. I even closed the game and restarted it. Same issue.
Does anyone have any ideas?
I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.

Comments

• Options
    JEREMYSIMS01JEREMYSIMS01 Posts: 727 Member
    edited January 2015
    I had the same issue. I had to close the game and close Origin which was still running on my computer. After that, everything went back to normal when I restarted the game.
    Sims4SIG_zps6253f8f2.jpg
  • Options
    nanna021nanna021 Posts: 234 Member
    Thanks. I'll try that. I already tried repairing the game with Origin and that didn't work, so I hope this does it.
  • Options
    Nope. That didn't work. Any other suggestions?
  • Options
    biglil711biglil711 Posts: 162 Member
    Same thing happened to me. I even tried loading families from a different saved game and nothing works. This is very distressing.
  • Options
    I really don't want to uninstall and start over. I thought about deleting some cache files, but I forgot where they are exactly, and I also forgot which ones to delete. Then I thought about starting from my last save, but that would be when I put the tents and stuff on the campsite - so that probably won't work.
  • Options
    biglil711biglil711 Posts: 162 Member
    Quit smoking and trying to play to reduce stress. Huge Mistake! A lot of people seem to be having this problem with no fix for it.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I have had this happen to me as well. Deleting my cache fixed the issue for me.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Here is a link to the safe way to delete cache files :) Hope it works for you!

http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
  • Options
    I deleted the cache files. Didn't work. This really sucks.
  • Options
    JEREMYSIMS01JEREMYSIMS01 Posts: 727 Member
    edited January 2015
    Have you tried creating a new family and placing them in the world? I'm thinking if you could finally get a playable family, you could then go to manage worlds and select your old family again. Just a guess, but it may be worth a try. I also remember that when I was having this issue, I used the "save as" function and created a new game file. I'm not sure if this was the issue or not, but I was able to select families again when I reloaded the game.
    Sims4SIG_zps6253f8f2.jpg
  • Options
    Got it fixed. Had to go in and delete the cache files about 4 times. They kept showing back up. The only problem now is that when a sim gets something from the fridge, it doesn't matter where they are standing. They stand there, do the motion for the fridge door to open and take a dish out and start eating. You can even see the fridge door open. But this is minor. I don't care. Thanks all for your help.
  • Options
    RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
    Same happend to me.

Havnt managed to play since :(
  • Options
    iJaiiJai Posts: 411 Member
    I had same issues before the patch. Unfortunately, I think it was a save that was corrupted. I had to drag all my saves out of my Sims 4 folder and put them back in one by one until I found the save that had the issue. Luckily, I had a duplicate of the family I cared about so I didn't lose much.